HighSchoolHockeyForums.com
The Largest Prep Hockey Message Board Community on the Web

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Holy Family vs. Edina (11/23)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota High School Hockey (Older Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Edina Hornets
84%
 84%  [ 39 ]
Holy Family Catholic Fire
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 46

tonkafan77

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Holy Family vs. Edina (11/23) Reply with quote

For me, this is the most interesting game of the week. Although I am pretty certain Edina will pull through with the win, I think we will see a strong Holy Family team that has the ability to move up the rankings, even into the top 10.

They still need to get used to playing the top AA teams, though. So far, they have only played Benide and didn't fare so well against them last year. I believe that once they get used to the top caliber teams, they have enough talent to possibly stir things up once Sections start.

For now, Edina wins 6-3.
Vapor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Family, until they PROVE otherwise, could be the most overrated team in the State, IMO. Edina cruises to a win in this matchup.
Wasilla

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Holy Family vs. Edina (11/23) Reply with quote

tonkafan77 wrote:
For me, this is the most interesting game of the week. Although I am pretty certain Edina will pull through with the win, I think we will see a strong Holy Family team that has the ability to move up the rankings, even into the top 10.

They still need to get used to playing the top AA teams, though. So far, they have only played Benide and didn't fare so well against them last year. I believe that once they get used to the top caliber teams, they have enough talent to possibly stir things up once Sections start.

For now, Edina wins 6-3.

I know that HF has some super talent but, doesnt it drop off significantly after the first two lines?
Wside

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edina is too strong. I think they win 7-1.
SuperStar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be a interesting outing for HF. They did well in the scrimmages with a victory over Alex, 2-2 tie with Tonka and 0-0 tie with Burnsville.

But as we all know, scrimmages are one thing and games are another. Looking forward to this game.
Oldtimehockeyguy23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Holy Family vs. Edina (11/23) Reply with quote

Wasilla wrote:
tonkafan77 wrote:

For now, Edina wins 6-3.

I know that HF has some super talent but, doesnt it drop off significantly after the first two lines?

HS hockey is played with two lines.....
green4

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what was the story here? i see edina won 7-2 but 4 of them came in the final period. was it closer than it looked or who has details?
SuperStar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was 3-2 going into the 3rd, HF was hanging pretty good but The Hornets took huge advantage of the 3rd period 5 min major. Cost the the Fire 2 goals, then they got called for another penalty and edina dropped another one in.. The Hornets just too strong. Holy Family did play tough - just not alot of scoring chances and need to keep out of the box..... they need to keep working hard and good things will happen for them

I think the final shots were 57-22
DumpandChase1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperStar, your kid was awesome tonight, only reason it was close after 2 was him.
SuperStar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC1 - The cats out of the bag.. Smile Thanks man! He was doing all he could. Proud of the boy.

I thought HF gave them a solid run, HF needs to keep playing TOP 10 teams. Might take the lumps now, but will be a huge help come sections.

Edina looked great and capitalized. Strong team.
tonkafan77

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edina did not look like a #2 team in the first two periods but they really stepped it up in the third. Holy Family is definitely a force to be reckoned with later in the year.
green4

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonkafan77 wrote:
Edina did not look like a #2 team in the first two periods but they really stepped it up in the third. Holy Family is definitely a force to be reckoned with later in the year.

interesting, on the hub it said 36 shots or so through 2 periods, were they bad shots or what made them look slow through two periods?
goldy313

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many kids did Holy Family have that played football and weren't on the ice? In high school even a couple could be a huge difference.
Tigers33

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

judging by the football score they probably weren't the best athletes anyway Smile
HappyHockeyFan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Family goalie Derek LaCombe was awesome, big reason they were still in the game after 2 periods.
newtendy29fan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HappyHockeyFan wrote:
Holy Family goalie Derek LaCombe was awesome, big reason they were still in the game after 2 periods.

Nice he was able to "get noticed" once he left EP. Great he found a place to play and can step up and make a difference.
Zamman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left after the score was 7 - 2, but I thought both goalies played really well. Some great saves by both. I thought Edina looked good in the first and in the second they "played" with HF then something snapped. Edina came out in the thrid and dominated. Edina is a real good team and will be hard to beat. HF is doing the right thing by playing the top schools, that will help them go deeper in sections.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota High School Hockey (Older Topics) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: