Iron Range Conference Jamboree

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

TheHockeyDJ

Iron Range Conference Jamboree

Post by TheHockeyDJ » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:19 pm

Who is going to this in Virginia tonight?
I know Grand Rapids is playing Hibbing in the late game.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine

rainier

Re: Iron Range Conference Jamboree

Post by rainier » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:25 pm

TheHockeyDJ wrote:Who is going to this in Virginia tonight?
I know Grand Rapids is playing Hibbing in the late game.
Per the Hibbing paper: 1st game: Eveleth-Greenway, 2nd: Hibbing-Rapids
3rd: Virginia-I Falls

rainier

Post by rainier » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:50 pm

Any reports on the games?

TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:57 pm

Just a score: Hibbing 2, Rapids 0.

rainier

Post by rainier » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:08 pm

TheHockeyDJ wrote:Just a score: Hibbing 2, Rapids 0.
Too bad it's only exhibition. Hopefully both games will be good ones this year.

TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:15 pm

Hibbing should be in Class AA. I can only imagine how nuts the semis would be in Duluth with them in there instead of the southern teams. I'm sure the regular season games will be close too. I wonder if the teams switched goalies? I assume they rolled their lines evenly in this game. I can't wait til the regular season starts.

rainier

Post by rainier » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:39 pm

TheHockeyDJ wrote:Hibbing should be in Class AA. I can only imagine how nuts the semis would be in Duluth with them in there instead of the southern teams. I'm sure the regular season games will be close too. I wonder if the teams switched goalies? I assume they rolled their lines evenly in this game. I can't wait til the regular season starts.
I'd love it if Hibbing was consistently good enough to be in AA. They rarely beat Rapids or Cloquet, and I doubt they would have much success against the other top 7AA teams. But you're right, it would be nuts to watch them in Duluth against the big boys.

PuckRanger

Post by PuckRanger » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:28 pm

Eveleth 5, Greenway 1
Only caught the last few minutes. Greenway scored its goal on the powerplay with 2 seconds left. Shots 20-12 in favor of Eveleth.

Hibbing 2, Grand Rapids 0
Shots 19-13 in favor of Grand Rapids. Both teams had 5 on 3 powerplays and did not score. Lots of penalties in this one, but no powerplay or shorthanded goals. Rapids only brought 9 forwards, 4 defensemen, and one goalie. Fairly even game. Hibbing's goalies played well. Rapids really didn't let Adam Johnson get wound up too often, although he did manage to set up the play that led to the 2nd goal.

Int'l Falls 4, Virginia 1
Shots 19-14 in favor of Virginia. Virginia had to play its JV goalie due to injuries to both varsity goalies. Game was more much more even than the score. Virginia scored on itself on a misfired clearing attempt. To me, Lucas Debenedet from I Falls stood out more than anyone else tonight in all the games.

PuckRanger

Post by PuckRanger » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:34 pm

TheHockeyDJ wrote:I wonder if the teams switched goalies?
They did. Tyler Carlson played the first half, AJ Allison played the second.
TheHockeyDJ wrote:I assume they rolled their lines evenly in this game. I can't wait til the regular season starts.
Didn't watch it that closely, but it seemed like mostly 2 lines and only 4 defensemen. Adam Johnson was on the ice at least half the game. All the penalties may have had something to do with that, though.

rainier

Post by rainier » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:58 pm

PuckRanger wrote:Eveleth 5, Greenway 1
Only caught the last few minutes. Greenway scored its goal on the powerplay with 2 seconds left. Shots 20-12 in favor of Eveleth.

Hibbing 2, Grand Rapids 0
Shots 19-13 in favor of Grand Rapids. Both teams had 5 on 3 powerplays and did not score. Lots of penalties in this one, but no powerplay or shorthanded goals. Rapids only brought 9 forwards, 4 defensemen, and one goalie. Fairly even game. Hibbing's goalies played well. Rapids really didn't let Adam Johnson get wound up too often, although he did manage to set up the play that led to the 2nd goal.

Int'l Falls 4, Virginia 1
Shots 19-14 in favor of Virginia. Virginia had to play its JV goalie due to injuries to both varsity goalies. Game was more much more even than the score. Virginia scored on itself on a misfired clearing attempt. To me, Lucas Debenedet from I Falls stood out more than anyone else tonight in all the games.
Thanks for the summaries. Should be a fun year in the IRC.

TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:22 am

Thanks for the reports PuckRanger! I miss your old web site!