Hibbing @ Minnetonka

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

How many goals will Tonka win by?

4+
37%
42%
5%
Hibbing wins and pigs take to the skies
16%

Total votes: 19

rainier

Hibbing @ Minnetonka

Post by rainier »

Amazingly, Hibbing has kept this game close the last two years, losing by scores of 3-1 and 3-2. But with how young Hibbing's D corps is this season, I think they will have a harder time slowing the Skippers' onslaught. Even my blind homerism can't convince me the Bluejackets will win this one, especially since top line forward Bestul will be out with an injury.

5-2 Tonka :cry:
codemanh

Post by codemanh »

I thought this could maybe be a close game, but after Hibbing's loss to Little Falls (not a bad team, but no Minnetonka) 3-0, I don't think this will be as close as the last couple of years.

5-0 Tonka.
rainier

Post by rainier »

codemanh wrote:I thought this could maybe be a close game, but after Hibbing's loss to Little Falls (not a bad team, but no Minnetonka) 3-0, I don't think this will be as close as the last couple of years.

5-0 Tonka.
Hibbing actually looked good in the LF game, it was just that Stumpf was on fire in nets. Two years ago LF beat Hibbing 6-1, and a few weeks later Hibbing played Tonka tight in a 3-2 loss. Go figure.
GTTN

Post by GTTN »

4 - 2 Tonka

First line gets 3 of 4 goals (1 on PP)

:D
HockeyFan_11

Post by HockeyFan_11 »

Sounds like Minnetonka has a bunch of goons who think they're in the UFC.
rainier

Post by rainier »

Got pretty chippy at the end. Hibbing really missed the two senior forwards that didn't play in this game. Not that they would have won, but they would likely have converted on a pp or two. A good butt whoopin builds character.
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

6-1 Final. Jared Ridge and Connor Thie both with 2 goals.

Shots were somewhere in the ballpark of 45-15. The game did get quite chippy near the end. I'm not sure that Tonka has any "UFC goons" on the team...Hibbing did start the majority of the scrums.

Tonka's first real test will come next week with Eagan and St. Thomas.
blueblood

Tonka

Post by blueblood »

Unlike past tonka teams, these boys are quite physical and tonites refs let them get away with several high checks along the boards that weren't called and after the whistle hits in front of the Hibbing net. Other coaches will pick up on that trend and let the refs know (Giles, Smith, Pauly).

That's not how hockey is played on the range and I'm sure it frustrated the bluejackets late in the game.

That type of game will not work on the big ice at Mariucci
Wside

Tonka

Post by Wside »

Tonka does not play at Mariucci.
Slap Shot

Re: Tonka

Post by Slap Shot »

Wside wrote:Tonka does not play at Mariucci.
No, but if his analysis is true the most important games of the year not at the X will be played there.