I wouldn't get too exited about Jefferson

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Granttenn

I wouldn't get too exited about Jefferson

Post by Granttenn »

I wouldn't get too exited about Jefferson unless you saw the game.

One of the sloppiest, uglies games I've seen in a while.. I figured people would see the score and think that Jefferson must have really put on an offensive show to beat an explosive 6 goal Cloquet effort.. I saw two plays from Cloquet that pretty much sum things up. The first was when the goalie came ten feet out of net to clear puck and ends up putting into chest of Jefferson guy who had an empty net to fire into- the goalie was like 5 feet out of net when puck went in.. Then Cloquet puts the game winner in themselves. So that's two of Jefferson's goals.. Jono Lindquist clearly stood out from the rest of the Jaguar team but nothing spectacular.

I went to the game (10th in 9 days) because I love Cloquet and when the northern teams come down to challenge the big metro schools (Like Roseau on Friday) but came away very unimpressed. Not only were they thin, as expected but the first line wasn't as impressive as I thought they would be.. I saw each of these kids multiple times this fall in the Elite League and was impressed, especially by the quick, scrappy, creative Michaud brothers.. If Duluth East is truly a top 5 team, which I have doubts about, they would blow Cloquet out. Same with Jefferson vs Edina etc. These are not top ten teams. I've seen a bunch in last 10 days so this is a comparative statement - not based on looking at the scores and jumping to conclusions...

My Great Eight at this point are 1) Benilde 2) Edina) 3) Minnetonka 4) Eden Prairie 5) tie between Blaine and Hill Murray. 7) Wayzata 8) Duluth East