Burnsville (1-1) @ Benilde-St Margaret's (1-0) 12-6-12 7pm

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:37 pm

Blaze
29%
Red Knights
71%

Total votes: 24

HShockeywatcher

Burnsville (1-1) @ Benilde-St Margaret's (1-0) 12-6-12 7pm

Post by HShockeywatcher »

The Red Knights are everyone's pre-season #1 team and they have done nothing to show they are anything but that. The Blaze started the season with a close loss to a good Hill Murray team and followed it up with a solid win over the Eden Prairie.

Burnsville won last year's meeting 5-1.
scorekeeper

Post by scorekeeper »

SCORE Ratings show #3 Benilde with a slight edge over #4 Burnsville (20.50 vs 20.00)
http://www.ushsho.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29774

It should be noted that BSM has played just 1 game and Burnsville only 2 so this may be one of the least accurate games on tap this week.

Still, in conjunction with the popular opinion that BSM will end up either #1 or #2 , it should fairly comfortable forecasting a small BSM win. Burnsville's bend but don't break defense should keep it close though.

BSM 4, Burnsville 2
Whopper2

Post by Whopper2 »

who are these bending defense men.First and second lines very good but not much after that
iwatchalotofhockey

Watch the game tonight live on MnHockeyCenter

Post by iwatchalotofhockey »

You can check out the game action live tonight by clicking here and going to game on the site:

http://www.mnhockeycenter.com/view/mbhsh
TheHockeyDJ

Re: Watch the game tonight live on MnHockeyCenter

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

iwatchalotofhockey wrote:You can check out the game action live tonight by clicking here and going to game on the site:

Will it actually work this time around?
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
iwatchalotofhockey

BSM vs Burnsville

TheHockeyDJ says:
Tune in and see for yourself. We go thru great lengths to get things going as Pete and I have done a lot of games over the years and we all know as I shall say politely things happen.

So stick with us throughout the year as things are getting better each day! Being a northern hockey guy (Roseau) I take great pride in what we do and get frustrated when things happen outside out our control.

FYI JV score is 1-0 Burnsville with 5 minutes left now in 1st period. Maybe we will put up a little of this game to see how things are going later in 3rd period.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Burnsville up 2-1 after 1.

Very strong period from the Blaze, especially from their top line. Sheehy and Boeser (with some help from Kivihalme) were rolling, while the Benilde D appeared tentative. Benilde goal came on a nice wraparound by Hicock. Burnsville is overpowering Benilde right now, often stripping onrushing BSM players. We'll see if the Red Knights can respond, and if the Blaze, being the thinner team, can keep this going for three periods.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:
iwatchalotofhockey wrote:You can check out the game action live tonight by clicking here and going to game on the site:

I just tried to tune in late (FSN PrepZone). The commercial played and now it just says. "Please check back soon". I hope it's just between periods at the moment?
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
TheHockeyDJ wrote:

I just tried to tune in late (FSN PrepZone). The commercial played and now it just says. "Please check back soon". I hope it's just between periods at the moment?
It's on mnhockeycenter.com, not the Prep Zone. Working very nicely for me.
iwatchalotofhockey

We are alive and well hockey fans!!!

Email us at booth@grandstadium.tv and voice your opinions of the game.

Here is score sheet I am running with some highlights.
http://pointstreak.com/flashapp/index_h ... id=2093478

Sid
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

4-2 BSM

3 goals in 8 min for BSM.

8)
The Puck
LGW
Metrohockeyfan

Post by Metrohockeyfan »

Goaltending seems to be a little shaky for Burnsville tonight.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

4-3 BSM

PP goal for the Blaze

8)
The Puck
LGW
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

6-3 BSM

Blaze D is having a rough period...

8)
The Puck
LGW
CRS

Post by CRS »

I've had no luck with the streaming for this game. Shame....was looking forward to watching it.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

6-3 BSM

End of 2nd

Overall a quick period; however, it probably felt long for the Blaze. Burnsville was caught flatfooted most of the period.

8)
Last edited by PuckU126 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Puck
LGW
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Night and day difference between the 1st and 2nd periods for Benilde. In the 2nd, they showed just how good they can be, showing off their explosive speed and playmaking skills and overwhelming Burnsville. They have 3 wraparound goals--those seem to give Mallon and the Blaze D trouble. The Burnsville power play was the only real positive in the period for them.
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

BSM is missing Glover and Collins based on what I'm seeing. B'ville struggling defensively big time along with goalie tonight. Live stream working perfect. Thanks Pete!
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

karl(east) wrote:Night and day difference between the 1st and 2nd periods for Benilde. In the 2nd, they showed just how good they can be, showing off their explosive speed and playmaking skills and overwhelming Burnsville. They have 3 wraparound goals--those seem to give Mallon and the Blaze D trouble. The Burnsville power play was the only real positive in the period for them.
Blaze D was chasing and caught out of position too many times.

8)
The Puck
LGW
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

7-4 BSM

Late in 3rd.

8)
The Puck
LGW
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

7-4 BSM

FINAL

BSM showed why they're a huge force in the State.

8)
The Puck
LGW
spectatorfun

Post by spectatorfun »

interesting to see besse's line double shifting in the last few minutes in a game they are winning by 3. All I can think is that coach is trying to get them some points instead of giving the 4th line some time...Nice
TheHockeyDJ

Re: BSM vs Burnsville

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

iwatchalotofhockey wrote:TheHockeyDJ says:
Tune in and see for yourself. We go thru great lengths to get things going as Pete and I have done a lot of games over the years and we all know as I shall say politely things happen.

So stick with us throughout the year as things are getting better each day! Being a northern hockey guy (Roseau) I take great pride in what we do and get frustrated when things happen outside out our control.

FYI JV score is 1-0 Burnsville with 5 minutes left now in 1st period. Maybe we will put up a little of this game to see how things are going later in 3rd period.
Very good this time around. Appreciate the work you guys do.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
Edgy

Post by Edgy »

BV defense very soft - at least tonight. 2nd and 3rd line got dominated. BSM made BV Gaolie move side to side and he didn't look good doing it - plus gave up a lot rebounds. BSM's 3rd line even got in on the action.... Maybe BV had the flu
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

Hard for Benilde to play 4th line when they only dressed 3 lines. They had a couple guys out.