Burnsville (1-1) @ Benilde-St Margaret's (1-0) 12-6-12 7pm

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:37 pm

Blaze
29%
Red Knights
71%

Total votes: 24

Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:47 pm

spectatorfun wrote:interesting to see besse's line double shifting in the last few minutes in a game they are winning by 3. All I can think is that coach is trying to get them some points instead of giving the 4th line some time...Nice
And this surprises anyone? It doesn't take a genius to see that this guy has no integrity - just look at some of the names on roster.

Wside

Post by Wside » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:11 pm

Edgy wrote:BV defense very soft - at least tonight. 2nd and 3rd line got dominated. BSM made BV Gaolie move side to side and he didn't look good doing it - plus gave up a lot rebounds. BSM's 3rd line even got in on the action.... Maybe BV had the flu
BSM's 3rd line never let BV out of their zone and was on the ice for 1-2 goals.

Wside

Post by Wside » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:15 pm

Bluewhitefan wrote:
spectatorfun wrote:interesting to see besse's line double shifting in the last few minutes in a game they are winning by 3. All I can think is that coach is trying to get them some points instead of giving the 4th line some time...Nice
And this surprises anyone? It doesn't take a genius to see that this guy has no integrity - just look at some of the names on roster.
Not sure what that means. Lets start with the idea that only 3 lines dressed.

As regards to no integrity who are you talking about ?

green4

Post by green4 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:18 pm

i did not watch the game but according to the hub only 23 shots for BSM and 24 for BVille... on this forum it sounded like a trashing but to Hockey hub it sounds like Bville's goalie was weak as he only stopped 70% of shots

green4

Post by green4 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:20 pm

green4 wrote:i did not watch the game but according to the hub only 23 shots for BSM and 24 for BVille... on this forum it sounded like a trashing but to Hockey hub it sounds like Bville's goalie was weak as he only stopped 70% of shots
my apologies 27 shots for BSM and 20 for Bville but still only 74% for the goalie from Bville

Metrohockeyfan

Post by Metrohockeyfan » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:37 pm

If Malon played the way he did against EP on Tuesday, in my opinion, Burnsville wins this one 4-3/4-2.

Tuuk2score

Post by Tuuk2score » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:30 pm

Who was missing from BSM ? Injured players ? why only 3 lines ?

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:31 pm

Nuts&Bolts wrote:BSM is missing Glover and Collins based on what I'm seeing.
If true anyone know why they were missing? And again if true, Benilde likely would have beat the Blaze by an even larger margin.

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:41 pm

MNHockeyFan wrote:
Nuts&Bolts wrote:BSM is missing Glover and Collins based on what I'm seeing.
If true anyone know why they were missing? And again if true, Benilde likely would have beat the Blaze by an even larger margin.
Glover and Collins left for the NTDP...I think the poster's point was that the Benilde D looked a bit thin. There's some talent back there, but as with last year, it may take some time to come together. Part of the problem was Benilde's PK/Burnsville's strong PP, but Burnsville was able to carve them up at times, especially in the first period. The offensive explosion in the 2nd and 3rd periods was very impressive by the Red Knights, but in order to beat deeper teams that are sound defensively (as opposed to flailing about like Burnsville in the 2nd period), they're going to have to clean some stuff up.

As for players missing this game, I understand Jungels is taking a "two week vacation." Not sure about anyone else.

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:05 am

karl(east) wrote:Glover and Collins left for the NTDP...
OK thanks I totally forgot about that. And as usual and possibly as a result BSM's strength appears to be up front, but their team defense is suspect.

WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:19 am

Bluewhitefan wrote:
I think double shifting the first line late in the game shows respect for the opponent. What did you want the coach to do, put out only the third line and show up Bville?

vf-guy

Post by vf-guy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:29 am

I missed the first period, but the rest of the game was entirely one-sided.

The Blaze looked flat. They have a ton of talent on that team, but they sure didn't show it tonight. It's also a pretty young team, so they have a lot of "run" in them.

BSM got Mallon on at least 2 wrap-arounds because he just drops to his pads and is not mobile at all. Anderson is a much better goalie.

Burnsville's problems are obvious from just casual observation. Names on the back of the jerseys for starters. And almost as many people behind the bench as on it. They need focus.

The Blaze are a team that generally get stronger as the season progresses. They'll lick their wounds and they will be strong contenders.

BSM is well, BSM. Lots of talent, strong coaching, and winning mentality.

This is going to be a great hockey season.

MNfaninRed

Post by MNfaninRed » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:50 am

BSM controlled play for the most part and looked like a very solid team. That Baer goal was a thing of beauty, he looked very good. Burnsville just wasn't able to win the puck battles tonight and it really hurt their possession.

HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:07 am

Burnsville lacks size and this will be a problem for teams that have it and use it like BSM did.
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB

Carl Racki

Post by Carl Racki » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:24 am

I really hope BSM and Pauly get busted for recruiting and illegal transfers someday.....What a joke!

Edgy

Post by Edgy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:46 am

Wside wrote:
Edgy wrote:BV defense very soft - at least tonight. 2nd and 3rd line got dominated. BSM made BV Gaolie move side to side and he didn't look good doing it - plus gave up a lot rebounds. BSM's 3rd line even got in on the action.... Maybe BV had the flu
BSM's 3rd line never let BV out of their zone and was on the ice for 1-2 goals.
Compeltely agree -

minnscout

Post by minnscout » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:12 pm

Benilde played without Jungels, Kaske (elgible in couple weeks) and Arnason. 2 of the 3 made national camp so BSM is only going to get better.

Indabox

B'ville

Post by Indabox » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:35 pm

B'ville will struggle at D early on, there young and TK is over rated, Jk can give minutes to some of the younger D now that he's got TK his scholarship,and they should improve otherwise it will be a long disappointing season for B'ville, unless they can figure out a way to get there few big guns oxygen while skateing they can look forward to a loseing season :lol:

puck81

Post by puck81 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:43 pm

Carl Racki wrote:I really hope BSM and Pauly get busted for recruiting and illegal transfers someday.....What a joke!
If you have evidence of your accusations then by all means present it to the MSHSL counselor. :idea: