Hill at Benilde

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Pioneers
54%
Red Knights
46%

Total votes: 37

inthetwine

Hill at Benilde

Post by inthetwine »

I have never been to SLP Rec Center, How early do I need to arrive for this game?
MNHockeyFan

Re: Hll at Benilde

Post by MNHockeyFan »

inthetwine wrote:I have never been to SLP Rec Center, How early do I need to arrive for this game?
For the big games finding a parking spot is always a problem! I would arrive an hour early. If you arrive something like 15-20 minutes early plan on walking a ways.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

What's a Hll?

8)
The Puck
LGW
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

PuckU126 wrote:What's a Hll?

8)
:lol: I'll fix that. And add a poll, also.
UntouchableFlow

Post by UntouchableFlow »

As much as I like and support Hill, this isn't their time to beat BSM. BSM has too much fire power up front, and have spent more time together. At this stage in the season it's great that Hill is 3-0, but I don't think that they have enough game experience or chemistry yet.

BSM-4 (en)
Hill-1
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

5-5-1 is the All-Time record between these two teams.

BSM is 2-1 at home versus HM.

HM has done well in their season thus far; however, BSM is the stronger team at this point of the season.

5-2 BSM

8)
The Puck
LGW
Wallyworld

Hill Fan

Post by Wallyworld »

I'm a Hill die-hard and I am not expecting much against BSM. Hill is thin at D and though they have some excellent D1 talent on O - Lavalle, Brown, Slattery, - Lechner just switched all of the lines after the LVS game. So now Slattery (4G in 3 G) rather than Funk, is on 1st line with Lavalle and Brown.. While this is what most of us Hill fans have been waiting for since Guentzel bolted & Slattery arrived from SSM, it will take them a while to gel..

Coach also changed lines 2-4, so you know he isn't one to be focusing on a single game but rather in molding his team for the post-season.. They should be fine by then but not so much on Saturday night.... 4-1, 5-2 something like that is what I expect...The only way it could be really close is if G Dugas (.93 GAA) stands on his head and their G has off night...
UntouchableFlow

Re: Hill Fan

Wallyworld wrote:I'm a Hill die-hard and I am not expecting much against BSM. Hill is thin at D and though they have some excellent D1 talent on O - Lavalle, Brown, Slattery, - Lechner just switched all of the lines after the LVS game. So now Slattery (4G in 3 G) rather than Funk, is on 1st line with Lavalle and Brown.. While this is what most of us Hill fans have been waiting for since Guentzel bolted & Slattery arrived from SSM, it will take them a while to gel..

Coach also changed lines 2-4, so you know he isn't one to be focusing on a single game but rather in molding his team for the post-season.. They should be fine by then but not so much on Saturday night.... 4-1, 5-2 something like that is what I expect...The only way it could be really close is if G Dugas (.93 GAA) stands on his head and their G has off night...
Spot on. In Lechner's mind this is a big game, but that's just what it is, another game. 25 games to figure out the post season lineup and get everything as right as it can be, because in the end, that's what matters.

Looking forward to a great game though, and hoping that Hill can put on a strong showing.
Carl Racki

Post by Carl Racki »

Sweet a couple of illegal all-star teams match up....

Get your own "Private Tourney"
stmartin123

Post by stmartin123 »

Carl Racki wrote:Sweet a couple of illegal all-star teams match up....

haha...quit your whining :cry:
Don't hate STA. I wouldn't want to lose either.
youwish22

Post by youwish22 »

[quote="Carl Racki"]Sweet a couple of illegal all-star teams match up....

Get your own "Private Tourney"[/quote]

If you want to watch some good hockey Racki, check out Hill/Bendile. If you want to pout and wine about private schools stay home in your trailer park.
UntouchableFlow

Carl Racki wrote:Sweet a couple of illegal all-star teams match up....

Recruiting happens at every school.

Your team didn't make it to state last year, get over it.
observer

Post by observer »

Recruiting happens at every school.
The only people doing any recruiting are the parents of the moving players and that's not really recruiting.
Carl Racki

Post by Carl Racki »

If you want to operate like a Prep School. Be a Prep School and get out of the MSHSL.

I am just an avid hockey fan that believes in community hockey programs, have no kids and I have a sweet trailer it's a double wide... :lol:
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Carl Racki wrote:If you want to operate like a Prep School. Be a Prep School and get out of the MSHSL.

I am just an avid hockey fan that believes in community hockey programs, have no kids and I have a sweet trailer it's a double wide... :lol:
This thread was created just for you, Carl. Feel free to rant away all you want!

http://www.ushsho.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29547
Carl Racki

Post by Carl Racki »

My Bad I forgot about that thread.... Thanks
Gems

Post by Gems »

Is this game on-line anywhere? thanks
F14

TV

Post by F14 »

Game is on live HD through St. Louis Park Cable 16

If you don't live in SLP, go to

Parktv.org and you can watch live and also replays of other games through on-demand via VIMEO

6 BSM games and 5 SLP games on tv/Internet this year
hockeyhockeyhockey

Post by hockeyhockeyhockey »

hill 3 -2
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Game tied at one after one.

Highest-quality hockey I've seen in a high school game so far this year. The Red Knights' top line struck for the early lead, but Hill equalized with a pretty breakaway goal from Tyler Funk. Hill's been able to spring a few breakaways and probably had a few more good chances in the period, though the Benilde first line had its moments as well.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

2-2 after two. Hill really took control over the first ten minutes or so and took a 2-1 lead, but a PP goal by Benilde completely reversed the momentum. The Red Knights were very sharp over the last few minutes of the period, finally started to match Hill's physicality, and have 1:54 of carryover PP time heading into the third.

Some very entertaining homerism from the St. Louis Park broadcast crew (one of the color guys in particular). The beginning of the first period was a Benilde worship-fest; by the middle of the second, he was asking who replaced the Red Knights with a PeeWee team.

Should be a fantastic third period.
UntouchableFlow

Big win for the pioneers tonight, especially at this stage in the season. That new first line is as dangerous as any and their defense was very impressive. Lex got these guys going earlier than seasons past, looking forward to a big season from these boys.
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

HM played great! They couldn't play any better and BSM couldn't play any worse. I think Benilde needed a Loss. They will get things worked out and still be best teram by end of year. Besse must have been sick, he was so tired out there.
UntouchableFlow

minnscout wrote:HM played great! They couldn't play any better and BSM couldn't play any worse. I think Benilde needed a Loss. They will get things worked out and still be best teram by end of year. Besse must have been sick, he was so tired out there.
Needed a loss? I'm sure that those first two wins made their heads way too big, good thing this brought them back down. Not. That's the lamest excuse for a loss in the entire book. Maybe you could say that after their 23rd game, but 3rd? Good joke
Granttenn

Hill Outplayed BSM

Post by Granttenn »

Great game. As a Hill fan in unfriendly territory, I was surprised by the win. Especially with Lechner changing all 4 lines after last game. Love SSM transfer Slattery on wing with Lavalle and Brown.. The playmaking between Brown and Lavalle on that game winning 3rd goal is what Hill has to look forward to all year.. As pretty a goal as I've seen this year and I've watched a dozen games.. Dugas was key, as usual..

I was surprised that Benilde looked as mediocre as they did. Hill outclassed them and outplayed them from top to bottom even though shots were 27-25 Hill.... Still not ready to put Hill up there with Edina but this game tells me that Hill can at least play with anyone in State... Good job boys......