2013 State newcomers

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

clutterbuck22

2013 State newcomers

Post by clutterbuck22 »

What teams, in both classes, have a chance to make it to state for the first time or return after a long absence (at least 10 years)?

Class AA
newcomer- East Ridge
Long Absence- Hastings (2000-2001)

Class A
Newcomer- Luverne
Long Absence- East Grand Forks (2001-2002)
HappyHockeyFan

Re: 2013 State newcomers

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

clutterbuck22 wrote:What teams, in both classes, have a chance to make it to state for the first time or return after a long absence (at least 10 years)?

Class AA
newcomer- East Ridge

Class A
Newcomer- Luverne
East Ridge ? Hastings ? LOL...Now thats funny S**T, I dont care who you are. :lol: Ok, seriously now, I realize Eagan only beat ER by a goal and Hastings has won a few games but its not as close as you think in section 3, Eagan will be a 3 peat section Champ.
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
SECBLUES

Post by SECBLUES »

Hey Happy, do you think Eden Prairie thought it was funny when the final seconds ticked off the clock against Armstrong last march?

Keep underestimating section 3s SEC teams, especially come march. As good as Eagan seems to be this year, doesn't matter come March. I hope they are prepared, and don't overlook anyone.

Eagen plays hard, and has some talented players that earn respect on the ice. I don't think they would be like you and and smugly gaurantee that there ticket to the dance is punched as a predrawn conclusion. I guess all the teams in the SEC should forfiet the season now and get it over with. :roll:
Whopper2

Post by Whopper2 »

Class A spa much improved with out standing play by freshman but no match for st. thomas which will repeat as state champs
summer

Post by summer »

Yea, they should using the best of talent from some AA schools to play A!
joris016

Post by joris016 »

Class A:
Totino hasn't been to the X since '05

Class AA:
Centennial hasn't been since '04

Both of these schools enjoyed lots of success in the early-mid part of the 00's but haven't been back since. The sections got tougher.

STA has dominated section 4A but Totino always plays them tough and maybe this could be the year that they get past STA.

As for Centennial, section 5AA appears to be a little weaker this year. Maple Grove seems to be a shade of what it was last year and Blaine is Blaine. In the end, maybe Centennial can upset some teams and get to the X.
clutterbuck22

Post by clutterbuck22 »

HappyHockeyFan wrote:
clutterbuck22 wrote:What teams, in both classes, have a chance to make it to state for the first time or return after a long absence (at least 10 years)?

Class AA
newcomer- East Ridge

Class A
Newcomer- Luverne
East Ridge ? Hastings ? LOL...Now thats funny S**T, I dont care who you are. :lol: Ok, seriously now, I realize Eagan only beat ER by a goal and Hastings has won a few games but its not as close as you think in section 3, Eagan will be a 3 peat section Champ.
Instead of being a dick, why don't you give some new teams since YOU SEEM TO KNOW EVERYTHING?!?!
newtendy29fan

Post by newtendy29fan »

SECBLUES wrote:Hey Happy, do you think Eden Prairie thought it was funny when the final seconds ticked off the clock against Armstrong last march?
:roll:
In Armstrongs eyes...that was a game to remember. Never under estimate how the puck may bounce.
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

clutterbuck22 wrote:
HappyHockeyFan wrote:

Class AA
newcomer- East Ridge

Class A
Newcomer- Luverne
Instead of being a dick, why don't you give some new teams since YOU SEEM TO KNOW EVERYTHING?!?!
Sorry man, just messin with ya, I actually agree that Hastings and East Ridge appear to have improved since last year, I am also looking forward to the Eastview/Burnsville matchup coming up as I think Eastview has improved as well. Rosemount will be interesting to watch also after they took Wayzata into the 3rd period before losing. Truth be told, I honestly do think Eagan will take section 3 and I would put money on it, but the section is overall closer than it has been the last two years.
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

HappyHockeyFan wrote:Truth be told, I honestly do think Eagan will take section 3 and I would put money on it, but the section is overall closer than it has been the last two years.
Maybe last year, Happy, but two years ago, when Eagan squeaked out a one-goal win in the Section Final? Close enough for me. :wink:

I still hear the occasional Apple Valley parent moaning over that game, and the fact that AJ Michaelson supposedly played it while wearing a pair of ill-fitting borrowed skates. :roll: :lol:
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

almostashappy wrote:
HappyHockeyFan wrote:Truth be told, I honestly do think Eagan will take section 3 and I would put money on it, but the section is overall closer than it has been the last two years.
Maybe last year, Happy, but two years ago, when Eagan squeaked out a one-goal win in the Section Final? Close enough for me. :wink:

I still hear the occasional Apple Valley parent moaning over that game, and the fact that AJ Michaelson supposedly played it while wearing a pair of ill-fitting borrowed skates. :roll: :lol:
I stand corrected sir.. :lol: