Wayzata Trojans

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MegaMan

Wayzata Trojans

Post by MegaMan » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:07 pm

Those pesky Trojans.... Have a solid 6 and 1 record but there seems to be some disbelievers.... I think this team has bright future... What's your take?

HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:15 pm

Haven't seen them play, but they have four 1 goal games now. The way they got ahead against Duluth East and held the lead is good. The scores they beat their last three opponents by would suggest there is much work to be done through the season.

As karl said in his description of the game, if they can put things together this season, they could be quite good come February. Right now, they didn't score against Edina, have close games against not top teams and shut out East, so there are question marks and time will tell.

Toomuchtoosoon

Post by Toomuchtoosoon » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:25 pm

great goaltending cures a lot of ills. Saw the Benilde game tonight. Saw a Bantam B1 player playing highschool. Must have been a package deal.

Wside

Post by Wside » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:38 pm

Toomuchtoosoon wrote:great goaltending cures a lot of ills. Saw the Benilde game tonight. Saw a Bantam B1 player playing highschool. Must have been a package deal.
Forward or D?

Hscout000

Post by Hscout000 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:08 pm

Saw the Benilde game tonight. Saw a Bantam B1 player playing highschool. Must have been a package deal.
That is one of the top recruiting methods, the younger brother has to be just as good right :wink:

BodyShots

Post by BodyShots » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:31 pm

This team is young and will only get better as the season continues. Now that they are done cleaning up on the weak 7AA, it is time to see how they will fare in the dominant 6AA. :wink:

Wallyworld

Wayzata

Post by Wallyworld » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:06 pm

Hscout000 wrote:
Saw the Benilde game tonight. Saw a Bantam B1 player playing highschool. Must have been a package deal.
That is one of the top recruiting methods, the younger brother has to be just as good right :wink:
Are you talking about B1 Bantam player on Hill JV? or on one of the varsity teams..

See my Great Eight rankings just published for my full, comparative analysis off Wayzata. I had them at #7 last week ahead of D East but changed it to #8 after more thought. Should have stayed with initial instinct.... I have seen them 3 times this year.. Have trouble getting shots on net but D/G are exceptional.. Young forwards will only get better..