Roseau at Moorhead, Tues. Dec. 11, 2012

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Pick the winner:

Sheep
74%
Taters
26%

Total votes: 19

karl(east)

Roseau at Moorhead, Tues. Dec. 11, 2012

Post by karl(east) »

The two frontrunners in 8AA collide for the first of two (perhaps three) meetings this season. The Spuds are two-time defending champs and return some good firepower, but the Rams are probably a bit more balanced and have some great top-end players, though they are a bit thin. Who wins?
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Sheep haven't beaten the Taters since Dec, 2010 (last 5 games) - they're probably about due. Think I just might go watch & see.
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

SPUDNUT wrote:Sheep haven't beaten the Taters since Dec, 2010 (last 5 games) - they're probably about due. Think I just might go watch & see.
You "might go watch and see"? I think that "might" be an understatement. :lol:
50+ years of Spuds Hockey
iwatchalotofhockey

Go Rams!

Post by iwatchalotofhockey »

Gotta give a shout out to my boys back home!

Go Rams!
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

Sheep in OT 8)
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

Tony Uglem scores for Mhd just :45 into the first and the Rams tie it up with 14:32 to go in the first.
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

Aaron Herdt scores for Mhd on a breakaway, 2-1 Spuds. Still in the 1st period.
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

Moorhead - 2
Roseau - 1

After 1 period

Spuds with a slight edge in shots, 11-10.
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

Moorhead - 2
Roseau - 2

After 2 periods.

Roseau ties it up with just :25 left in the period.

Shots were 12-7 for the Spuds. Looks to be a great 3rd period... maybe even OT? :shock:
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

Power play goal for Roseau just :40 into the 3rd and then Leif Johnson ties it up for the Spuds again with 15:32 to go. Great game going on.
RoseauHockeyFan

Roseau by periods

Post by RoseauHockeyFan »

So far this season, Roseau has outscored their opponent in the first and second periods, but have been outscored in the third. Hopefully they can turn around that trend in this game.
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

Going to OT! Shots were 9-9 in the 3rd period.
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

Thomas Carey with the game winner for the Spuds.

Moorhead - 4
Roseau - 3

Final/OT

Round 1 goes to the Spuds. Round 2 in Roseau should be another great game (and possibly Round 3 in the sections).
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

starmvp wrote:Sheep in OT 8)

There went that theory !
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

SPUDNUT wrote:
starmvp wrote:Sheep in OT 8)

There went that theory !
Not a fan of either team SPUDNUT, don't worry... Just a prediction :oops:
Vapor

Post by Vapor »

From what I hear if Rams don't start to move the puck they won't get past the Spuds. Saw the same issue with Cloquet when they played WBL.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

Vapor wrote:From what I hear if Rams don't start to move the puck they won't get past the Spuds. Saw the same issue with Cloquet when they played WBL.

They both moved the puck well, forchecked well & made good transitions. The only "flaw" I saw was that, at times in their own zone, the Taters let too many Sheep gather in the slot down low. Otherwise, I watched a well-played game between two hard-working, evenly matched teams. Best one I've seen in a while & it could have gone either way.
Coach Watkins

Post by Coach Watkins »

how are did the rookie goalies look?
Ram Hockey

Post by Ram Hockey »

Coach Watkins wrote:how are did the rookie goalies look?
I thought both played well. McFarlane made some huge saves down the stretch of the third period and overtime. Anderson for the Rams has been solid in all six games this season.
mnmouth

Post by mnmouth »

Saw Roseau play Rapids and Hibbing last weekend. Not impressed with the Rams at this point in the season, especially against a Bluejackets team missing a boatload of players. If Adam Johnson's shot, which he roofed off the back of the crossbar, deflects in instead of out, that game is tied 2-2 midway thru the 2nd. To their credit, they did shut out the Jackets on two, abbreviated 5 on 3s, though the game was slow and ugly due to penalty after penalty after . . .

Johnson played most of that game at defense and he looked as if he was saving himself. He made a couple nice rushes towards the end of the game, though.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

mnmouth wrote:Saw Roseau play Rapids and Hibbing last weekend. Not impressed with the Rams at this point in the season, especially against a Bluejackets team missing a boatload of players. If Adam Johnson's shot, which he roofed off the back of the crossbar, deflects in instead of out, that game is tied 2-2 midway thru the 2nd. To their credit, they did shut out the Jackets on two, abbreviated 5 on 3s, though the game was slow and ugly due to penalty after penalty after . . .

Johnson played most of that game at defense and he looked as if he was saving himself. He made a couple nice rushes towards the end of the game, though.

FYI: It's physically impossible for a puck that deflects off the "back of the crossbar" to deflect "out". It's already in the net and accross the goal line at that time.
mnmouth

Post by mnmouth »

SPUDNUT wrote:
mnmouth wrote:Saw Roseau play Rapids and Hibbing last weekend. Not impressed with the Rams at this point in the season, especially against a Bluejackets team missing a boatload of players. If Adam Johnson's shot, which he roofed off the back of the crossbar, deflects in instead of out, that game is tied 2-2 midway thru the 2nd. To their credit, they did shut out the Jackets on two, abbreviated 5 on 3s, though the game was slow and ugly due to penalty after penalty after . . .

FYI: It's physically impossible for a puck that deflects off the "back of the crossbar" to deflect "out". It's already in the net and accross the goal line at that time.
I can't argue with you, Spud. I'm just relaying to you what I saw. But if the ref and the goal judge don't see it that way, it ain't gonna be called a goal. And if the whole puck is not over the line, it also ain't a goal.