Non-Committed D1 players

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Tuuk2score

Post by Tuuk2score » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:27 pm

green4 wrote:Andy Jordahl #10 for edina. everyone thought he was overrated last year because he got the benefit to play with Hurley and Malmquist but he is now been moved back to the 2nd line and has 7 goals already. only behind Hurley with 8 on the team
That 2nd line must be working well together ? #10 must have some wingers and great D on the ice aswell.

allstatebenders

Post by allstatebenders » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:30 pm

Meirs Moore -duluth east

Phil Beaulieu - duluth east

starmvp

Post by starmvp » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:10 am

allstatebenders wrote:Meirs Moore -duluth east

Has Moore received any offers?

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:20 am

Michaud brothers.

bstarr15

Post by bstarr15 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:29 am

Funk and samuelson from Lourdes going unnoticed?? Both proved well in the elite league with Brauer.
Bianchi as well as several others from the SW team deserve a look.

Bluewhitefan

Post by Bluewhitefan » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:54 am

Tuuk2score wrote:
green4 wrote:Andy Jordahl #10 for edina. everyone thought he was overrated last year because he got the benefit to play with Hurley and Malmquist but he is now been moved back to the 2nd line and has 7 goals already. only behind Hurley with 8 on the team
That 2nd line must be working well together ? #10 must have some wingers and great D on the ice aswell.
Probably gets a little bit of help from Munson and Brauer - not a bad second line. Of course, #10 was on the top line last year. Not sure who thought he was overrated - the kid who replaced him may be.

allstatebenders

Post by allstatebenders » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:08 am

allstatebenders wrote:Meirs Moore -duluth east

Moore has. So has Beaulieu. Rumor is both got interest from UMD, SCS

readandreact

Post by readandreact » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:18 pm

What about Thie from Minnetonka? Is he overshadowed by Coatta or just a product of Coatta?

mulefarm

Post by mulefarm » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:43 pm

If you are not committed or have not played at a D1 school, how can you be a D1 player?

starmvp

Post by starmvp » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:39 am

readandreact wrote:What about Thie from Minnetonka? Is he overshadowed by Coatta or just a product of Coatta?
He is the kind of player that is going to have to prove himself outside of high school hockey first

starmvp

Post by starmvp » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:40 am

mulefarm wrote:If you are not committed or have not played at a D1 school, how can you be a D1 player?
Speculation these days... :roll:

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:28 pm

Coatta (Moose) is a good hockey player with great instincts/high hockey IQ and an obvious scoring touch. However, the knock on him is his skating. Don't get me wrong, this is something that can be improved upon unlike having a natural scoring touch, high hockey IQ and good instincts. Just pointing out that this is the thing that is holding him back in scouts eyes.

I don't think the Walsh kid from Edina will play D-1. I just don't see it. As for Nanne, its the same garbage you see with his brother, he will always get a longer, better look because of his name and not his ability. Sad but true. Although I do think he is better than Louie, (and has more talent), he has no hockey instincts, and I think Giles sticking him up at forward is the best thing he could have done with him. As far as Jordahl is concerned, who wouldn't look good and put up good #s playing with Hurley and Malmquist? In all seriousness, he is a good player though.

Pogano kid from Cathedral is an excellent hockey player and any school is gonna be fortunate to get him. Austin Swingle from Cathedral is a darkhorse in my mind and will end up being a better college hockey player than a lot of the kids on this list. He can flat out play.

Avery Peterson from Rapids is another "darkhorse" if we can call him that who I think will prove to be a really good player. :wink: :wink: :wink:

The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:00 pm

Sats81 wrote:Pogano kid from Cathedral is an excellent hockey player and any school is gonna be fortunate to get him. Austin Swingle from Cathedral is a darkhorse in my mind and will end up being a better college hockey player than a lot of the kids on this list. He can flat out play.
Poganski is who you're thinking of. He's very solid.

Hammer may have even better hands and instincts (IMHO), but he skates a bit weird. I think Poganski has the higher potential.

Swingle is BIG hockey player. He's seems to be pretty good, but IMHO, he's too slow to play D1... at least on an olympic rink. He might be a good recruit for a team with a regulation sized home rink if he can develop an aggressive and physical game in juniors.

Again, I'm no expert and these are my lowly opinions from a couple of games on video an a partial game in person. I wish nothing but success for each of their hockey careers.

Wallyworld

Unnoticed

Post by Wallyworld » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:01 pm

bstarr15 wrote:Funk and samuelson from Lourdes going unnoticed?? Both proved well in the elite league with Brauer.
Bianchi as well as several others from the SW team deserve a look.
My list on page one was just Forwards so Funk wasn't on there but I did include Samuelson and Bianchi..

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:15 pm

The Exiled One wrote:
Sats81 wrote:Pogano kid from Cathedral is an excellent hockey player and any school is gonna be fortunate to get him. Austin Swingle from Cathedral is a darkhorse in my mind and will end up being a better college hockey player than a lot of the kids on this list. He can flat out play.
Poganski is who you're thinking of. He's very solid.

Hammer may have even better hands and instincts (IMHO), but he skates a bit weird. I think Poganski has the higher potential.

Swingle is BIG hockey player. He's seems to be pretty good, but IMHO, he's too slow to play D1... at least on an olympic rink. He might be a good recruit for a team with a regulation sized home rink if he can develop an aggressive and physical game in juniors.

Again, I'm no expert and these are my lowly opinions from a couple of games on video an a partial game in person. I wish nothing but success for each of their hockey careers.
You are right, I meant Poganski. Was excellent in Elite league. Swingle would be a nice pickup for a Mankato or Michigan Tech. Rumor is, he is an extremely hard worker, so I think he will end up to be very solid in college.

bstarr15

Post by bstarr15 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:21 pm

Poganski and Swingle are exellent players and good up side.
Wally, Alex funk is a forward at Lourdes, their is a Tyler Funk at ??? not sure if he plays D.

green4

Post by green4 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:14 pm

Sats81 wrote: As far as Jordahl is concerned, who wouldn't look good and put up good #s playing with Hurley and Malmquist? In all seriousness, he is a good player though.
I see you missed my comment on how he got moved to the second line and is still putting up points WITHOUT Hurley and Malmquist....

SmallTownBigDreams

Re

Post by SmallTownBigDreams » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:43 pm

Shinbone_News wrote:Walsh from Edina has been lobbying hard. To hear it from his "supporters," he's an overlooked gem.

Could be. But I do wonder why no commit yet if he's really D1 caliber. UND supposedly interested.

Hockey Prospects lists these as yet-to-commits.
Connor Hurley, Edina; Zach Glienke, Eagan; Shane Gersich, Holy Family; Jack Dougherty, St. Thomas; Jake Zeleznikar, Hermantown; Neal Pionk, Hermantown; Avery Peterson, Grand Rapids; TJ Moore, Benilde; Mason Bergh, Eden Prairie; Tyler Sheehy, Burnsville
A better question might be who should be on his list that isn't. ... Like Walsh, or maybe Olmschenk. Those kinds of players??? (Not saying either of those guys should be. I have my doubts, having seen both of them play recently, but I'm no scout -- who knows how they could progress after HS???)

FakeHockeyHub calls "Moose" overrated. Kid has been scoring those clutch goals lately, though, no doubt about it.

Totally agree about TJ Roo. If for some bizarre reason T-G gets past STA this year, he might get the scouting attention he deserves.

Mork and Bianchi from Holy Angels both deserve a look too.

Many of these excellent players who don't get as much press will have to go to juniors before D1 will take a look at them.
If you're talking about kids that don't get noticed much that are very strong players that have the talent to play D-1 Id say Joe Nathe would have
To make it, I've seen him play a few games during the 54's and during the section 6A playoffs last year, he was easily one of the strongest players on the ice at all time

UntouchableFlow

Post by UntouchableFlow » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:17 pm

Lavalle is going to be a great pickup for whatever team scoops him up; great hockey sense, great skating skills, and impressive athleticism.

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:53 am

green4 wrote:
Sats81 wrote: As far as Jordahl is concerned, who wouldn't look good and put up good #s playing with Hurley and Malmquist? In all seriousness, he is a good player though.
I see you missed my comment on how he got moved to the second line and is still putting up points WITHOUT Hurley and Malmquist....
I see you missed my comment where I said: "in all seriousness, he is a good player though."

Definitely not in the same league as Hurley and Malmquist though.

Northender

Post by Northender » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:30 pm

Lavalle (HM), Bergh (EP), Poganski (SCC) are three to watch. Solid players. Looking to watch Jordahl in the next few weeks.

Vapor

Post by Vapor » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:23 pm

Made the trip up to Roseau to cheer on the Skippers. Coatta definitely D-1 talent, great hands and vision. Yon (Roseau) will be a good pick up for for a D-1 school, fast and can really shoot.

PassittoMcConnell

Post by PassittoMcConnell » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:35 am

readandreact wrote:What about Thie from Minnetonka? Is he overshadowed by Coatta or just a product of Coatta?
I watched the MG Minnetonka game on FSN and thought the first line from MG looked stronger than Coatta and Thie. Erickson played in the Elite league and looked awfully good Thursday night...might have the right combination of speed and size for college hockey.

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:38 am

Vapor wrote:Made the trip up to Roseau to cheer on the Skippers. Coatta definitely D-1 talent, great hands and vision. Yon (Roseau) will be a good pick up for for a D-1 school, fast and can really shoot.
What was with all the penalties in the 3rd?

Vapor

Post by Vapor » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:40 pm

Slap Shot wrote:
What was with all the penalties in the 3rd?
Got chippy. Refs did a good job keeping things under control. I'll give the Rams credit, they played hard in 3rd and didn't give up.