BSM (2-1) @ AHA (1-1) 12-13-12 7:30pm

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:45 pm

Red Knights
77%
Stars
23%

Total votes: 31

HShockeywatcher

BSM (2-1) @ AHA (1-1) 12-13-12 7:30pm

Post by HShockeywatcher » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:45 pm

Very little is known about Holy Angels this year as they recently lost to a good Eden Prairie team by 1 and this pre-season #1 is coming off a recent loss. With the game being played in Richfield, seems like the right conditions for the upset to happen. Should be a great game tomorrow night!

blueblood

AHA vs. BSM

Post by blueblood » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:17 pm

BSM too deep for AHA. They might hang in 1st period. Shut down Mork on D and you control the game against AHA. He is the catalyst that gets the puck to Bianchi and Haeg.

BSM - 6
AHA - 2

HockeyGuy952

Post by HockeyGuy952 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:54 pm

I'm going to have to say that if the AHA's goalie comes out and plays and BSM's doesn't then it will be a tight game and from what I've seen that's how it will be.

minnscout

Post by minnscout » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:34 am

Game will be running time in the 3rd period. 9-2 Benilde

Zamman

Post by Zamman » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:30 am

I never say my team will lose, but this will be a tough game. Avenging last years 17 -2 will be the goal tonight. Should be fun any outcome.
Just a note if you are planning on coming: Richfield plays at home tonight also on Rink 2. Parking will be tough. Take advantage of the American Legion and possibly Veterans Park behind the rink. No grass parking this year. Too much snow.

C-dad

Post by C-dad » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:45 am

My kid knows some JV players so we're going for that game. I hope we'll be OK with parking getting there that early.
Last edited by C-dad on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mnhckyguy

BSM @AHA

Post by mnhckyguy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:58 am

Don't get me wrong BSM is a well built team, they have many skilled players such as Besse and Naas. But your over looking the talent of AHA. If AHA shuts down BSM's first and second line, this could be a real surprising game. Where the real battle lies is back on defense, AHA has skilled defense men as well as a very skilled goalie. Many of you may be surprised tonight.

C-dad

Re: BSM @AHA

Post by C-dad » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:16 pm

mnhckyguy wrote:Don't get me wrong BSM is a well built team, they have many skilled players such as Besse and Naas. But your over looking the talent of AHA. If AHA shuts down BSM's first and second line, this could be a real surprising game. Where the real battle lies is back on defense, AHA has skilled defense men as well as a very skilled goalie. Many of you may be surprised tonight.
In ANY high school hockey game if you shut down the opponents #1 and #2 lines you will have a chance. It goes without saying. The challenge is doing that.

SWPrez

Post by SWPrez » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:30 pm

Two years ago....it was an all out BCHL style shoot out - defensive play for both teams looked similar to what you see in an NHL All Star Game with BSM winning 8-6.

Last year, well, wasn't much of a game.

This year, I see it rolling back to a BCHL style game with BSM having too much firepower.....8-4 BSM.

The biggest problem for BSM opponents this year is that they can check the first line and hold them in line, but their second line has proven to be pretty lethal with all of the defensive attention thrown at the first line and most teams don't have the depth to check two lines.

BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:33 pm

minnscout wrote:Game will be running time in the 3rd period. 9-2 Benilde
+1

11-3 BSM

hondo98

Post by hondo98 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:41 pm

Its great to see the hockey vibe back at AHA and Hengen has done a great job in short time. If they can stay away from any 5 min penalties BSM should power its way past AHA with little problem.

mnhckyguy

Post by mnhckyguy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:52 pm

I think BSM will come out thinking AHA is the say team as last year; a mediocre, far from strong team. I've been to one of AHA's game this year (EP @ AHA) I thought AHA would be out skated and out scored but AHA hung in there and came back. AHA can hang with the big teams.

Wside

Post by Wside » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:31 pm

mnhckyguy wrote:Don't get me wrong BSM is a well built team, they have many skilled players such as Besse and Naas. But your over looking the talent of AHA. If AHA shuts down BSM's first and second line, this could be a real surprising game. Where the real battle lies is back on defense, AHA has skilled defense men as well as a very skilled goalie. Many of you may be surprised tonight.
If BSM tightens up on D it will be fine moving forward. The 3rd line would easily be most schools 2nd line which show further depth.

Napalm187

Post by Napalm187 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:55 pm

This will not be a contest. BSM will be coming hard after losing to HM. AHA still has a ways to go. 10-3.

Edgy

Post by Edgy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:34 pm

Wside wrote:
If BSM tightens up on D it will be fine moving forward. The 3rd line would easily be most schools 2nd line which show further depth.
Not a fan of either team in this post - but to say BSM 3rd line would be 2nd line on most teams is funny - as they could barely skate........

Wside

Post by Wside » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:39 pm

Edgy wrote:
Wside wrote:
Not a fan of either team in this post - but to say BSM 3rd line would be 2nd line on most teams is funny - as they could barely skate........
That must be why they got paired with HM's first line numerous times. I don't think that was a coaching error.

iwatchalotofhockey

Log on and watch and see for yourself who wins

Post by iwatchalotofhockey » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:52 pm

Tune in to the MnHockey Center and watch tonight to see how the game turns out. See the game and find out who had the best prediction in this thread. Here is the link:

www.MnHockeyCenter.com

And email if you would like tonight at:

Booth@grandstadium.tv

Edgy

Post by Edgy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:21 pm

Wside wrote:
Edgy wrote:
Wside wrote:
That must be why they got paired with HM's first line numerous times. I don't think that was a coaching error.
Didn't see that game so can't comment - did see the BSM / BV game though and while BSM third line did get on the scoreboard - I am sticking to my point that they could barely skate... just my opinion

minnscout

Post by minnscout » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:04 pm

3-0 Benilde after 1st. Benilde's 3rd line is Zach Hale (elite league) Marke Kaske (US select 15 team) and Evan Fleming (good 2 way player with speed). One of the better 3rd lines in the state. *ctually4th line Chumley Arnason and Meyer or Duda is good line. They need to develope their D and when Hickok can move back to D when Kaske is back will help a ton.

MNfaninRed

Post by MNfaninRed » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:45 pm

7-0 now towards the end of the 2nd with things getting a little dirty out there. Period belonged entirely to Benilde, Chumley with a great individual powerforward effort and Besse looking fantastic on the PK and also great physical play. Naas just made it 8-0 as I typed this and has been a beast tonight too.

minnscout

Post by minnscout » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:51 pm

HA is a joke, bunch of cheap shots. They look like s JV team out here. Maybe Benilde varsity should have stayed home and had the JV play HA varsity. With out HA goalie playing great it would be 14-15 to nothing. Haeg Bianchi and Mork are dirty players.

minnscout

Post by minnscout » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:59 pm

Chumley did have a sick goal

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:17 pm

Final: 11-1.

MNfaninRed

Post by MNfaninRed » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:19 pm

11-1 final. BSM pretty much just imposed their will on the Stars all night.

Wside

Post by Wside » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:39 pm

Edgy wrote:
Wside wrote:
Edgy wrote:
Wside wrote:
That must be why they got paired with HM's first line numerous times. I don't

think that was a coaching error.
Didn't see that game so can't comment - did see the BSM / BV game though and while BSM third line did get on the scoreboard - I am sticking to my point that they could barely skate... just my opinion

Appreciate the opinion but can't see any merit in it. The 2nd line would be most schools 1st line and the 3rd would easily be most schools 2nd line. This is really the same case for the top 4-5 teams. I get a kick out of the " barely skate comment". Here is my beef. What game are you watching? These guys can edge better than the vast majority of skaters in the state. Wake up! If your opinion meant anything than these guys would be done with hockey vs playing on a top 10 team.