HighSchoolHockeyForums.com
The Largest Prep Hockey Message Board Community on the Web

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cambidge Isanti could have been a force!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota High School Hockey (Older Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Hockey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Cambidge Isanti could have been a force!!! Reply with quote

The Cambridge Isanti youth hockey association has these players now playing with other high schools in the state or playing juniors across the country. If these five would have played at their home high school could they have been a force to be reckoned with in section 7AA? Four of them elected to play at private schools however none of them went to the same private school.

They have two on the NHL scouting bureau in Jalen Schulz (playing Juniors this year with Corpus Christi in the NAHL and Formerly with Totino Grace. Blake Heinrich plays for the Sioux City Musketeers formerly with Hill Murray and a future UMD Bulldog.

Mike Olson is a speedy defenseman that starts for Totino Grace, Jesse Norling is averaging a point a game for Blaine, And Seth Chumley has four points for Benilde St. Margarets.

Not bad coming from youth association that has an average of 20-25 bantams per year. The whole association boys and girls has proabably a total of 200 if that.

You hear about this a lot in the true metro but for an association outside of the metro to have this happen is pretty rare I believe.
Mr Hockey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Totino Reply with quote

I guess two went to Totino so I was wrong on that.
BlueLineSpecial

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: Cambidge Isanti could have been a force!!! Reply with quote

Mr Hockey wrote:
The Cambridge Isanti youth hockey association has these players now playing with other high schools in the state or playing juniors across the country. If these five would have played at their home high school could they have been a force to be reckoned with in section 7AA? Four of them elected to play at private schools however none of them went to the same private school.

They have two on the NHL scouting bureau in Jalen Schulz (playing Juniors this year with Corpus Christi in the NAHL and Formerly with Totino Grace. Blake Heinrich plays for the Sioux City Musketeers formerly with Hill Murray and a future UMD Bulldog.

Mike Olson is a speedy defenseman that starts for Totino Grace, Jesse Norling is averaging a point a game for Blaine, And Seth Chumley has four points for Benilde St. Margarets.

Not bad coming from youth association that has an average of 20-25 bantams per year. The whole association boys and girls has proabably a total of 200 if that.

You hear about this a lot in the true metro but for an association outside of the metro to have this happen is pretty rare I believe.

Right around tourney time last year this topic came up. There were several others as well. Coulda been a powerhouse!
Mr Hockey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Cambridge BLaine Reply with quote

Blaine AA Bantams 2 Cambridge A Bantams 1 last night. How many of those Cambridge kids will leave and go to a different high school?
HShockeywatcher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Cambridge BLaine Reply with quote

Mr Hockey wrote:
Blaine AA Bantams 2 Cambridge A Bantams 1 last night. How many of those Cambridge kids will leave and go to a different high school?

I know it's not a popular view on this board, but my question is rather; why are the kids who left leaving?

I've only been to the area a couple times, so I can't even begin to speculate about anything, but at the end of the day there is a reason they leave. If they were that good, it was likely not solely hockey.
MNpuckBlog

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Cambridge BLaine Reply with quote

HShockeywatcher wrote:
Mr Hockey wrote:

I know it's not a popular view on this board, but my question is rather; why are the kids who left leaving?

I've only been to the area a couple times, so I can't even begin to speculate about anything, but at the end of the day there is a reason they leave. If they were that good, it was likely not solely hockey.

The area isn't bad at all, but probably for exposure reasons. Cambridge is typically sub .500 at the high school level and unless you're putting up numbers like Benik did at St. Francis it would be tough to get scouts to come watch. Seems to have worked out though, as Heinrich is committed to UMD and playing for Sioux City, Chumley won a State title last year with Benilde, and Norling has played in the tourney as a sophomore and possibly this year as captain of Blaine. Cambridge could have been better had they stayed, but with their section, chances are they never would have been better than a #5 seed IMO
MHGr8ness

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Cambridge BLaine Reply with quote

Mr Hockey wrote:

This is the North Country Blue Devils correct? If so, that team is about half Mora and some Milaca kids, too.
MrBoDangles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Cambridge BLaine Reply with quote

HShockeywatcher wrote:
Mr Hockey wrote:

They all left for Hockey reasons.
play hard

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all of the boys left soley because of hockey. Cambridge high school dropped some of its classes. That was part of the decision to move for a couple of players. But yes, the high school hockey program lacked direction and vision for developing players.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota High School Hockey (Older Topics) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: