WBL/Roseville

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

inthetwine

WBL/Roseville

Post by inthetwine » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:08 am

Another dissapointing loss for the Bears. Just can't seem to score, and the defense is horrible. I don't think Sager's messing with the lines is going to help. He should leave the sophmore line together.

Edwardo

Re: WBL/Roseville

Post by Edwardo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:27 pm

inthetwine wrote:Another dissapointing loss for the Bears. Just can't seem to score, and the defense is horrible. I don't think Sager's messing with the lines is going to help. He should leave the sophmore line together.
I disagree with the Sophmore line staying together, but he shouldn't put all top 3 goal scorers on the same line, as I have mentioned in a previous post. Here is what I believe will help the team win. First and foremost let Greer and Anderson run there O&D and Sager stay out of it or they will continue to loose, they teach 2K hockey not 80's hockey.

1. King, Bocci, Whalin = 2 guys that can handle the puck and a fore & back checker.
2. Giller, Steffen & Deppert= Good combination of players that can score, Deppert overlooked mostly because he hasn't been put in a position to succeed which is typical if you are not coddled by the HC.
3. Welch Novak & Anderson or Wilke= this line is capable of scoring while having a fore & back checker in Novak.

Most of all give every individual a job or roll and quite allowing the "D" to block shots inside the house, that is why you have a Goalie! Clear the guy and open the lanes so the Goalie can see, to tell your defense to block shots that close is like telling the Goalie you have no faith in them to stop the puck.

inthetwine

Post by inthetwine » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:22 pm

Edwardo wrote:
inthetwine wrote:Another dissapointing loss for the Bears. Just can't seem to score, and the defense is horrible. I don't think Sager's messing with the lines is going to help. He should leave the sophmore line together.
I disagree with the Sophmore line staying together, but he shouldn't put all top 3 goal scorers on the same line, as I have mentioned in a previous post. Here is what I believe will help the team win. First and foremost let Greer and Anderson run there O&D and Sager stay out of it or they will continue to loose, they teach 2K hockey not 80's hockey.

1. King, Bocci, Whalin = 2 guys that can handle the puck and a fore & back checker.
2. Giller, Steffen & Deppert= Good combination of players that can score, Deppert overlooked mostly because he hasn't been put in a position to succeed which is typical if you are not coddled by the HC.
3. Welch Novak & Anderson or Wilke= this line is capable of scoring while having a fore & back checker in Novak.

Most of all give every individual a job or roll and quite allowing the "D" to block shots inside the house, that is why you have a Goalie! Clear the guy and open the lanes so the Goalie can see, to tell your defense to block shots that close is like telling the Goalie you have no faith in them to stop the puck.
I somewhat agree with you, but I still say leave the sophmores together, and flipflop some of the first and 3rd liners.

joris016

Post by joris016 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:15 pm

Go Raiders

meridian90

Post by meridian90 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:09 pm

Edwardo wrote:
This pack it in defensive style is SOOO frustrating to watch. Wahlin being gone next year most likely if it continues along this path is going to be so upsetting. I'm just so done with Sager all you can do is throw your hands up and say when will it ever end.
Last edited by meridian90 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wbmd

Post by wbmd » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:31 pm

It's too bad Sager was given another chance to keep coaching a few years ago. This program is going no where as long as Sager is their coach.