Hill-Murray (6-1) @ Tartan (8-0) 12-20-12 7:30pm

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Poll ended at Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:55 am

Hill-Murray
16
89%
Tartan
2
11%
 
Total votes: 18

HShockeywatcher
Posts: 6826
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:21 am

Hill-Murray (6-1) @ Tartan (8-0) 12-20-12 7:30pm

Post by HShockeywatcher » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:55 am

If history tells us anything, Tartan would be one with a possible chance to upset the Pioneers. No wins in the last 3 years, but 2 wins and a tie in the two years previous. Tartan hasn't been playing a tough schedule this season, but they haven't lost yet and have a good, young goalie backing them up. Will it be enough for them to play a good game with the Pioneers who are coming off a dominating win over WBL?

hondo98
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:16 pm

Post by hondo98 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:21 am

What's in the water over in Oakdale that Tartan keeps producing these goalies that are way above the norm for high school goalies?

pioneers
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:05 pm
Location: St Paul

Post by pioneers » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:00 pm

hondo98 wrote:What's in the water over in Oakdale that Tartan keeps producing these goalies that are way above the norm for high school goalies?
Just get one to transfer from NSP
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions

Pioneerprideguy
Posts: 1304
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:38 pm

Post by Pioneerprideguy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:14 pm

Another shutout win for the Titans last night moving their record to 8-0 with 5 shutouts. With Slattery out for the game, I don't know how HM can pull this one off. I think there might be a let down from last night's win over WB as well. I think a moral victory of scoring just 1 goal against Tartan might be in the offering.

jancze5
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:11 pm

s

Post by jancze5 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:20 pm

Jackson will be the best player on the ice in the game. This will come down to will Hill contain him or not but he's not the only weopon on the ice for Tartan. I'd say that if Jackson is at Minnetonka, BSM or Edina he would be a Mr Hockey Gopher recruit, instead he'll be a great WCHA player at Mich Tech. (we all have our opinions)

Tartans young goalie actually lives a block from Tartan and played in the Tartan system growing up so it's not like the kid was a lifelong Polar who suddenly up and left. He hasn't faced HILL type players yet so who knows, hopefully the kid does good.

Either way this should be a great hockey game
New England Prep School Hockey Recruiter

pioneers
Posts: 921
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:05 pm
Location: St Paul

Post by pioneers » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:19 pm

Pioneerprideguy wrote:Another shutout win for the Titans last night moving their record to 8-0 with 5 shutouts. With Slattery out for the game, I don't know how HM can pull this one off. I think there might be a let down from last night's win over WB as well. I think a moral victory of scoring just 1 goal against Tartan might be in the offering.
Now that's funny right there. :lol:
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions

MicroMgr
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:02 pm

Post by MicroMgr » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:08 pm

I get that first line players are great and get a majority of the press; but let's keep this in perspective. I think one of HM's strengths is the depth of the team-illustrated by the fact that the first line players have combined for 25 points, the other forwards for 22, the defense for 14. And the goal scorer in the OT win vs Eagan and the only goal scorer in the St Thomas game were not from the first line...

So don't sell the pioneer "team" short-they'll still find a way to win.

HShockeywatcher
Posts: 6826
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:21 am

Post by HShockeywatcher » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:20 pm

MicroMgr wrote:I get that first line players are great and get a majority of the press; but let's keep this in perspective. I think one of HM's strengths is the depth of the team-illustrated by the fact that the first line players have combined for 25 points, the other forwards for 22, the defense for 14. And the goal scorer in the OT win vs Eagan and the only goal scorer in the St Thomas game were not from the first line...

So don't sell the pioneer "team" short-they'll still find a way to win.
Yeah, this'll be an interesting one. Despite their offensive struggles, the Pioneers have allowed only 2 goals each of Eagan, Benilde and St Thomas. Additionally, despite Tartan's 5 shutouts, they allowed 5 goals to Crookston and 3 to STMA and only scored 2 yesterday against Irondale.

As much as I'd love to see another HM loss, it will likely be a HM win in a close game. Prediction:
3-1 HM

starmvp
Posts: 3223
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:12 am
Location: State of Hockey

Post by starmvp » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:00 am

Hill 5-2

UntouchableFlow
Posts: 185
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:23 pm
Location: Maplewood

Post by UntouchableFlow » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:42 am

Hill scored another four goals even after Slattery got booted in the 1st. Hopefully Slattery can use his time in the stands to get his head on straight. He's a very, very talented player, but I've seen some signs of a showboater, as demonstrated in his celebrations. Lex is very anti-hollywood, so my hope is that Slattery can figure out how to play under Lex sooner rather than later. Even without Mitch, I think that Hill has far more depth and talent than Tartan.

Hill - 5

Tartan - 0

east hockey
Site Admin
Posts: 6626
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:33 am
Location: Proctor, MN
Contact:

Post by east hockey » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:56 am

pioneers wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:Another shutout win for the Titans last night moving their record to 8-0 with 5 shutouts. With Slattery out for the game, I don't know how HM can pull this one off. I think there might be a let down from last night's win over WB as well. I think a moral victory of scoring just 1 goal against Tartan might be in the offering.
Now that's funny right there. :lol:
Mmmm, I smell some serious sandbagging going on there. :)

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

Sats81
Posts: 2734
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by Sats81 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:06 am

Hill 5-3

BlueLineSpecial
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:42 pm
Location: RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!!

Post by BlueLineSpecial » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:26 pm

I'll admit that I know little about the Titan program, but I'm a little surprised that posters on this subject almost universally think this is going to be a close game. Is Tartan really that good? Or is their record throwing people off a little? I guess I was expecting HM to win this game by a wider margin that others seem to think. My ignorant prediction:

HM 7
Tartan 1

(and yes, I'm aware that some posters on this topic are being sarcastic)

thorhockey
Posts: 335
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:01 pm

Post by thorhockey » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:40 am

Tartan 3
Hill 1
en

joris016
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:28 pm

Post by joris016 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:46 am

Hill 6-1

scorekeeper
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:08 am

Post by scorekeeper » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:46 am

BlueLineSpecial wrote: HM 7
Tartan 1
good call on the spread

hockeyhockeyhockey
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:44 pm

Post by hockeyhockeyhockey » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:54 am

scorekeeper wrote:
BlueLineSpecial wrote: HM 7
Tartan 1
good call on the spread
really? what was the final??

Pioneerprideguy
Posts: 1304
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:38 pm

Post by Pioneerprideguy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:07 pm

Do you believe in miracles?...Yes! Pioneers upset previously unbeaten Tartan 6-0. I have to believe the hockey gods intervened and HM got all the bounces and the officiating went their way. I can't believe they were able to find the net so many times against a team with so many shutouts. I'm also shocked the Pioneers found a way to keep a potential Mr. Hockey winner & a future D1 player (Jackson) off the score sheet. And to think HM did all this without Slattery?...truly a miracle!

HShockeywatcher
Posts: 6826
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:21 am

Post by HShockeywatcher » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:09 pm

hockeyhockeyhockey wrote:
scorekeeper wrote:
BlueLineSpecial wrote: HM 7
Tartan 1
good call on the spread
really? what was the final??
HM 6-0

BodyShots
Posts: 1725
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by BodyShots » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:22 pm

Pioneerprideguy wrote:Do you believe in miracles?...Yes! Pioneers upset previously unbeaten Tartan 6-0. I have to believe the hockey gods intervened and HM got all the bounces and the officiating went their way. I can't believe they were able to find the net so many times against a team with so many shutouts. I'm also shocked the Pioneers found a way to keep a potential Mr. Hockey winner & a future D1 player (Jackson) off the score sheet. And to think HM did all this without Slattery?...truly a miracle!
Only the best coach in HS hockey could pull that one out of his hat!

Pioneerprideguy
Posts: 1304
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:38 pm

Post by Pioneerprideguy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:12 pm

BodyShots wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:Do you believe in miracles?...Yes! Pioneers upset previously unbeaten Tartan 6-0. I have to believe the hockey gods intervened and HM got all the bounces and the officiating went their way. I can't believe they were able to find the net so many times against a team with so many shutouts. I'm also shocked the Pioneers found a way to keep a potential Mr. Hockey winner & a future D1 player (Jackson) off the score sheet. And to think HM did all this without Slattery?...truly a miracle!
Only the best coach in HS hockey could pull that one out of his hat!
You are correct. Shaf did an excellant job!!

MrBoDangles
Posts: 3915
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:32 am

Post by MrBoDangles » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:55 pm

Pioneerprideguy wrote:
BodyShots wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:Do you believe in miracles?...Yes! Pioneers upset previously unbeaten Tartan 6-0. I have to believe the hockey gods intervened and HM got all the bounces and the officiating went their way. I can't believe they were able to find the net so many times against a team with so many shutouts. I'm also shocked the Pioneers found a way to keep a potential Mr. Hockey winner & a future D1 player (Jackson) off the score sheet. And to think HM did all this without Slattery?...truly a miracle!
Only the best coach in HS hockey could pull that one out of his hat!
You are correct. Shaf did an excellant job!!
Do they have a spelling 101 class at Hill?

:wink:

Pioneerprideguy
Posts: 1304
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:38 pm

Post by Pioneerprideguy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:04 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:
BodyShots wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:Do you believe in miracles?...Yes! Pioneers upset previously unbeaten Tartan 6-0. I have to believe the hockey gods intervened and HM got all the bounces and the officiating went their way. I can't believe they were able to find the net so many times against a team with so many shutouts. I'm also shocked the Pioneers found a way to keep a potential Mr. Hockey winner & a future D1 player (Jackson) off the score sheet. And to think HM did all this without Slattery?...truly a miracle!
Only the best coach in HS hockey could pull that one out of his hat!
You are correct. Shaf did an excellant job!!
Do they have a spelling 101 class at Hill?

:wink:
Is that the "bast" ya got?

MrBoDangles
Posts: 3915
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:32 am

Post by MrBoDangles » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:20 pm

Pioneerprideguy wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:
BodyShots wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:Do you believe in miracles?...Yes! Pioneers upset previously unbeaten Tartan 6-0. I have to believe the hockey gods intervened and HM got all the bounces and the officiating went their way. I can't believe they were able to find the net so many times against a team with so many shutouts. I'm also shocked the Pioneers found a way to keep a potential Mr. Hockey winner & a future D1 player (Jackson) off the score sheet. And to think HM did all this without Slattery?...truly a miracle!
Only the best coach in HS hockey could pull that one out of his hat!
You are correct. Shaf did an excellant job!!
Do they have a spelling 101 class at Hill?

:wink:
Is that the "bast" ya got?
"bast" ?

Just keeping ya from floating away.

:D

thorhockey
Posts: 335
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:01 pm

Post by thorhockey » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:09 pm

And then you have to wonder why Hill is thee most hated team in MSHSL history
:roll:

Post Reply