HighSchoolHockeyForums.com
The Largest Prep Hockey Message Board Community on the Web

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elk River (5-1) vs Eden Prairie (3-3) 12-20-12 6pm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota High School Hockey (Older Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Eden Prairie
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Elk River
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

HShockeywatcher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Elk River (5-1) vs Eden Prairie (3-3) 12-20-12 6pm Reply with quote

Before the tie last year, Eden Prairie had won the previous 4 meetings of these two teams and it seems this would be the year for the Elks to get their first win over the Eagles in 5 years...
Sats81

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EP needs this one bad. I expect them to come out and play w/desperation of a playoff-like game. I'll go w/eagles 4-2.
starmvp

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EP gains momentum 5-1
Metrohockeyfan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will be a start to a weekend that shows the real Eden Prairie team, EP 5-2
Ogie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a term for SG & DH racers to describe also-rans who, though technically adequate, ski the course from gate to gate rather than attacking the course: Gliders.

As a team, tonight, Elk River was a team of gliders....How the final score ended up as close as it did, I can't figure out.
iwatchalotofhockey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Highlights EP vs ER Reply with quote

Click here to watch our highlights from the ER vs EP game tonight:

http://pointstreak.com/flashapp/index_hockey_new.html?gameid=2097639
Carl Racki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eagles showed up for most of the night and got a much needed victory. Defense finally played defense and the forwards shared the puck. Top line of Bergh, Spinner, Knudsen playing correct positions showed immediate results.

With a few bounces the Elks could have pulled this one out. I really liked there tenacious play and grit. Was hoping to see more from Zerban.
karl(east)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl Racki wrote:
The Eagles showed up for most of the night and got a much needed victory. Defense finally played defense and the forwards shared the puck. Top line of Bergh, Spinner, Knudsen playing correct positions showed immediate results.

With a few bounces the Elks could have pulled this one out. I really liked there tenacious play and grit. Was hoping to see more from Zerban.

I had a similar reaction to both teams. The Elks pulled Jones off of Zerban's line after the first period, put him with Jaremko, and made that their top unit for the rest of the game; after that point, Zerban was pretty quiet.

There are a lot of good underclassmen on that ER squad.
alcloseshaver

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching game the game my question is how does EP have 3 losses? There size was a factor especially in front of the net.
ER was missing 2 players? #10 did not play and has been one of there better players? ER looks like a 2 seed for 7AA, will find out more Sat. V GR. They will be tested in the NW suburban and also play BSM this year. Can't discount there 4-1 win over Andover at ACC. EP V Edina should be interesting, Edina will test the EP goalie.
TheHockeyDJ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree on Elk River. They look like a team that could be a 1 or 2 seed in 7AA. 3 huge games in 7AA on Saturday will really start to shape this section, but still enough season afterwards to see a ton of movement after that. Someone we see as a 2 seed could fall to 5, and whoever is at 6 could move all the way up to 3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota High School Hockey (Older Topics) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: