HighSchoolHockeyForums.com
The Largest Prep Hockey Message Board Community on the Web
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SCC Austin Poganski verbally commits to UND

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota High School Hockey (Older Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
HawkeyPower



Joined: 13 Dec 2008
Posts: 298

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: SCC Austin Poganski verbally commits to UND Reply with quote

Congrats to Another D1 commit. Good luck at North Dakota
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
truehockeyfan



Joined: 21 Oct 2010
Posts: 40

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to Austin. Great player and a great kid!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrBoDangles



Joined: 28 Jan 2009
Posts: 3842

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did he play his youth Hockey in St. Cloud?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blindref



Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 229

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
northern_guy



Joined: 29 Oct 2011
Posts: 141

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What non local people need to understand about Cathedral is that these are kids (95%) who grow up playing youth hockey in St. Cloud and who also attend private school from kindergarten until they reach Cathedral in 7th grade. All students are welcome to receive a premium education but athletes are not recruited. Parents chose this over the horrendous public school conditions in the central minnesota area. Congrats to a great player..wish he was playing for the Gophers so I could watch him on TV..maybe that new hockey conference will figure something out though with TV.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sats81



Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Posts: 2737

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great hockey player, huge pickup for the Sioux. Was really hoping the U could have snagged him, especially after Hurley committing to Notre Dame. He is a guy they could have really used unlike a lot of the recruits Lucia has got commitments from in the last year...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
orm1210



Joined: 20 Dec 2012
Posts: 19

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very disappointing the gophers could not pick this kid up. Very talented, plays the game hard, and overall seems to have a very good head on his shoulders. Hopefully he has a very successful college career and beyond that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNHockeyFan



Joined: 08 Nov 2006
Posts: 6239

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orm1210 wrote:
Very disappointing the gophers could not pick this kid up. Very talented, plays the game hard, and overall seems to have a very good head on his shoulders. Hopefully he has a very successful college career and beyond that.


Has to be even more disappointing for St. Cloud State!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
northern_guy



Joined: 29 Oct 2011
Posts: 141

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNHockeyFan wrote:
orm1210 wrote:
Very disappointing the gophers could not pick this kid up. Very talented, plays the game hard, and overall seems to have a very good head on his shoulders. Hopefully he has a very successful college career and beyond that.


Has to be even more disappointing for St. Cloud State!


SCSU's hockey program is doing well this year and has no where to go but up from previous years...use their parents are smart enough to tell them this St. Cloud State has been turned into a pure garbage circus, and I am not talking about on the ice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrBoDangles



Joined: 28 Jan 2009
Posts: 3842

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northern_guy wrote:
What non local people need to understand about Cathedral is that these are kids (95%) who grow up playing youth hockey in St. Cloud and who also attend private school from kindergarten until they reach Cathedral in 7th grade. All students are welcome to receive a premium education but athletes are not recruited. Parents chose this over the horrendous public school conditions in the central minnesota area. Congrats to a great player..wish he was playing for the Gophers so I could watch him on TV..maybe that new hockey conference will figure something out though with TV.

I thought Cathedral drew from quite a few communities in the area? Just curious where he played in youth.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlueLineSpecial



Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 556
Location: RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! Out of curiosity I'd love to see stats on MN D1 players in the last 5 years or so for how many came from an AA or A high school team.

Not that it really matters because a lot of rural kids might well be playing for an A team and a lot of Twin Cities kids would obviously be playing for a AA team. I just think its neat that players from smaller communities that play on smaller teams in A get a chance to keep moving up the ladder and play D1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blindref



Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 229

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northern_guy wrote:
What non local people need to understand about Cathedral is that these are kids (95%) who grow up playing youth hockey in St. Cloud and who also attend private school from kindergarten until they reach Cathedral in 7th grade. All students are welcome to receive a premium education but athletes are not recruited. Parents chose this over the horrendous public school conditions in the central minnesota area. Congrats to a great player..wish he was playing for the Gophers so I could watch him on TV..maybe that new hockey conference will figure something out though with TV.


Way to crap all over a thread about a great kid who is a really good hockey player. He will do well in whatever he decides to do because he is a very humble kid and a great teammate.

Just to inject a fact or two, twelve of nineteen Cathedral varsity starters went to Cathedral based kindergarten. That is 63%, not 95%.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keepyourheadup



Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 1080

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, here is a somewhat neutral view,

First , Congrats Austin, would have loved to see you in Maroon and Gold!


Know lets play nice and talk about AUSTIN!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sticksave



Joined: 10 Dec 2012
Posts: 74

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Grief Back to Austin!!!!!!!!!
My son has played both with and against Austin all through youth hockey. I know his parents fairly well. They did a nice job with Austin. He is not only a great hockey player he is a great kid. I'm just glad we don't have to face him any more. (Our schools don't play) Good luck Austin. Congrats to you and your parents.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coach95



Joined: 09 Sep 2008
Posts: 69

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats to austin on his choice of und and for making the u17 team for the u17hockey challenge coming up later this month. here is the link. there are 4 kids from mn on the roster. Austin, Collins, Glover, and Iverson good luck to all of them...

http://www.usantdp.com/news_article/show/203692?referrer_id=666974
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
karl(east)



Joined: 18 Jul 2007
Posts: 5634

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busy day for the sanitation department on this forum. Mad

If something as obnoxious and ridiculously off-topic appears in the future, please PM me or one of the admins.

And, as a general piece of advice, trying to get the last word in an argument and then declaring "and now back to hockey" is a pretty safe way to guarantee the thread will not being going back to hockey.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Slap Shot



Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Posts: 491

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sats81 wrote:
He is a guy they could have really used unlike a lot of the recruits Lucia has got commitments from in the last year...


I don't think you fully comprehend the dynamics of putting together an entire roster - portions of which will not be filled with 1st and 2nd round draft choices and kids likely to leave after only 1-2 years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sats81



Joined: 07 Mar 2011
Posts: 2737

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slap Shot wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
He is a guy they could have really used unlike a lot of the recruits Lucia has got commitments from in the last year...


I don't think you fully comprehend the dynamics of putting together an entire roster - portions of which will not be filled with 1st and 2nd round draft choices and kids likely to leave after only 1-2 years.



I definitely get it. I understand you can't fill the roster with players who are 1st-2nd round material and I realize you are not gonna land every "blue chip recruit"- nor would you want to, but at the end of the day you can't kid yourself and think Lucia and staff didnt miss out on the likes of players like Poganski because they are "over-committed" for the next 2 yrs and it seemingly appears as though there won't be enough room for a lot of incoming players to get ice time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
starmvp



Joined: 20 Nov 2008
Posts: 3223
Location: State of Hockey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powerful player. Been watching this kid for years. Congrats!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Slap Shot



Joined: 27 Jan 2008
Posts: 491

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sats81 wrote:
Slap Shot wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
He is a guy they could have really used unlike a lot of the recruits Lucia has got commitments from in the last year...


I don't think you fully comprehend the dynamics of putting together an entire roster - portions of which will not be filled with 1st and 2nd round draft choices and kids likely to leave after only 1-2 years.



I definitely get it. I understand you can't fill the roster with players who are 1st-2nd round material and I realize you are not gonna land every "blue chip recruit"- nor would you want to, but at the end of the day you can't kid yourself and think Lucia and staff didnt miss out on the likes of players like Poganski because they are "over-committed" for the next 2 yrs...


I don't have to kid myself to believe they are not over-committed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrBoDangles



Joined: 28 Jan 2009
Posts: 3842

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now... back to Hockey or Austin?



Angel Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gac85



Joined: 10 Nov 2012
Posts: 12

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to Austin, he is a great kid, a great player and has great upside. He is a lot of fun to watch play.

It was a great week for UND!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mulefarm



Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 1594

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See he was named to the U17 team that will be playing next week. Congrats!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota High School Hockey (Older Topics) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Forum Rules/Reporting Offensive Posts (Updated 3/16/05)

National HS Hockey Rankings

State by State HS Hockey Profiles

USHighSchoolHockey.com

MidgetAAAHockey.com

Statewide High School Hockey Links (By State)

High School Hockey Team Links (By State)

Minnesota High School Hockey Scores (by team) Minnesota High School Hockey Scores (by date)

Minnesota High School Hockey Rankings (USHSHO) Minnesota High School Hockey Rankings (MinnHock)

Nationwide HS Hockey Scores

Midget AAA Hockey Scores

Midget AAA Hockey National Rankings

NCAA D1 Men's Hockey Rankings

New England Prep School Hockey Rankings

Prep School Hockey Links

Friends of USHSHO and the Forums:

MinnHock

WisconsinPrepHockey.Net

Sponsored Links:

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group