Cambridge 7th Grade Goalie

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MrBoDangles

Cambridge 7th Grade Goalie

Post by MrBoDangles »

Moved up from JV four games ago and has gone 4-0 with a .956 save percentage. 109 of 114

:shock: =D>
HShockeywatcher

Re: Cambridge 7th Grade Goalie

Post by HShockeywatcher »

MrBoDangles wrote:Moved up from JV four games ago and has gone 4-0 with a .956 save percentage. 109 of 114

:shock: =D>
Congrats to him. That is a great a accomplishment for any 7th grader in any sport, let alone high school hockey. They have allowed one goal to each of their last 4 opponents.
MHGr8ness

Post by MHGr8ness »

So did he come up from the Peewee team? I know the bantam A goalie goes to Milaca and wouldn't be eligible for Cambridge-Isanti high school team.
Mr Hockey

I believe

Post by Mr Hockey »

He played on the Peewee A team last year. He also plays on the Minnesota Blades in the summer.

Although the competition has not been strong. I believe Minneapolis, North Branch, Albert Lea are three that he beat, he did beat them.
I believe he had a great performance also in a 2-0 loss to Duluth East's JV team earlier in the year as well.

His save percentage is night and day better than the Junior that the Varsity team has this year.

Not many 7th grade boys have made an impact at the high school level and this goalie is 4-0. Congrats to him. Possibly the first goalie in state history to go 4-0 in his first four starts as a seventh grader. Good luck to him. Hopefully he stays a BLUEJACKET for six years!!!
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

Looks like there is a young man in need of a private school education. :wink:
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:Looks like there is a young man in need of a private school education. :wink:
:lol:
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Karl, are you thinking what I'm thinking? A good job, a decent house in east Duluth for his parent(s).

He needs a good education. Has nothing to do with hockey, of course. :mrgreen:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

east hockey wrote:Karl, are you thinking what I'm thinking? A good job, a decent house in east Duluth for his parent(s).

He needs a good education. Has nothing to do with hockey, of course. :mrgreen:

Lee
Yeah, surely we can find them a nice home east of 21st Avenue.

All out of the goodness of our hearts, of course. No ulterior motives here. :P
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:Looks like there is a young man in need of a private school education. :wink:
Buy ya a soda after the game!
MHGr8ness

Post by MHGr8ness »

Hahaha these are great
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article ... _id=552540

There is also a video at the bottom of the story
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

6-1 with a .954 save%.
.900+ save% in all seven games.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

When I was in school (about 100 years ago), you couldn't play High School sports if you weren't in High School - no requirements anymore ?
Scout716

Post by Scout716 »

most schools only allow kids that are in the actual high school to play high school sports. the exception is if the number of particpiants are low. I heard that same Cambridge team had a couple players transfer in November after they finished their initial tryouts and were cut. Cambridge needed players so they allowed it at so they could play JV. All hear say, however I have heard of smaller programs doing this in the past.
UntouchableFlow

Post by UntouchableFlow »

Most sports allow participants to play starting in 7th grade. It's usually pretty uncommon in a sport like hockey where the physical aspects of the game vary quite a bit between a 12th grader and a 7th grader. It's very common for 7th graders to play varsity in a sport like tennis where they can develop and play at the high school level at an earlier age.
goldtwig1

Post by goldtwig1 »

Very good competition!! Yuuuuuuuuuuup
D3Referee

Post by D3Referee »

MrBoDangles wrote:6-1 with a .954 save%.
.900+ save% in all seven games.
This is a good story. Very happy for him
mnhckyfan17

check your source before you blah blah blah

Post by mnhckyfan17 »

[-X Not sure where you got your information but you are wrong. There are 34 players on the team this year, NO ONE was cut. This kid went through the proper channels to try out and make the team, all because of his work ethic and his continuous drive to get better. He earned his spot in JV and now has earned his spot on Varsity. Not quite sure why you and every other nay sayer just can't give this "kid" the credit he deserves. He was 12 when he played his first Varsity game, how many other goalies can say that? Bottom line, take a look at mnhockeyhub.com and look at goalie leaders, he is in the top 5 in the STATE!!!! If that is not enough proof this kid deserves to be where he is, than you are crazy.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Is this the typical, "because he's not from a hockey factory there has to be something wrong" ?? Sounds like the kid is a stud !!! Who cares that he lives in Cambridge ?? I wish he lived in FL !!!
goldtwig1

Post by goldtwig1 »

It does matter who he plays?.. He's overrated
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

goldtwig1 wrote:It does matter who he plays?.. He's overrated
Your overrated.... Maybe you should be called bronzetwig1. :P

Give the kids some credit and move on. :-k
dangle_snipe

Post by dangle_snipe »

^ father of the goalie he replaced
Roy01

Post by Roy01 »

I understand Cambridge doesn't have the strongest schedule, but for a seventh grader to step-up like he has is still impressive. Credit is deserved where it's due. So far as him being overrated - we'll have SIX YEARS of watching this kid develop and play in highschool (pending juniors, of course if he reaches that point). We can judge then.
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

Roy01 wrote:
I understand Cambridge doesn't have the strongest schedule, but for a seventh grader to step-up like he has is still impressive. Credit is deserved where it's due. So far as him being overrated - we'll have SIX YEARS of watching this kid develop and play in highschool (pending juniors, of course if he reaches that point). We can judge then.
=D>

Can you be overrated when you're in 7th grade, starting varsity, and playing tremendously? I think not.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

I think I heard the same about a goalie from North Branch a couple years ago. I assume he was overrated in your mind as well. Wait I think he's doing just fine in Mich.[NTDP] ](*,)