Farmington Goalie

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

drop the puck

Post by drop the puck » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:03 am

ThatKid wrote:I played for these guys last year and I can tell you from personal experience that the locker room is divided. Not between the players but between the players and the coaches.
Welcome to half the high school teams in hockey (boys or girls or most any other team sport).

Skatesharpener

Post by Skatesharpener » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:04 am

Better Dead Than Red wrote:Way to show those coaches they made such a mistake starting the other goalie half the time with his better GAA and save % - you really taught them a lesson Austin!
Where's that "Like" button when you need it? I can't imagine Gage ever doing such a thing, even if he ends up not starting someday (and no, I'm not his parent, just a fan). Austin and his "grand"parents are truly classless. I do hope some future employer googles his name. Way to go. I hope this haunts him for a long time.

snyper12

Post by snyper12 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:08 am

Bluelightspecial wrote:Same boys dad is not allowed to watch 10 year old daughter play. Verbal outbursts at coaching staff. Chip off the old block!!!!!!!

I have heard also the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Feel very sorry for the teammates. Hopefully they will become a stronger group down the stretch as a result, and something positive will happen.

SEpuck

Post by SEpuck » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:12 am

The kid is a chump plain and simple. Took the most cowardly route out of this. Was planned and thought out to obviously take place on senior night.

Whether or not the player and the coaches are divided there is no excuse for throwing your team under the bus. For those of you condoning this type of behavior tells me that you have zero respect for your peers. While it may make people laugh or giggle I find it hard to justify this as a logical way of dealing with frustration. I understand the frustrations of playing the position. I have done it for many years, but if you want to make excuses for the kid for purposely being a dbag, than you are no better than he is. Is he young and stupid? Maybe, but that decision he made obviously days if not weeks before will cost him a lot more than just his place on the team. It is inexcusable and quite frankly a joke.

TheJet

Post by TheJet » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:15 am

How will it all work from the schools point of view - is there anything they can/would do for his representation? Suspension, etc. - or are they likely to not become involved?

This team has enough to make a scare in the weak section. Go Tigers!

Better Dead Than Red

Post by Better Dead Than Red » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:21 am

Someone on Twitter suggested how great it would have been for the Chaska coaches to score on their own net as an f.u. right back at Austin.

I'm not sure that would ever happen, but it would have been amazing if they had. Instead of talking about what a tool this goalie is, perhaps the internets would be spreading what an amazing coach Chaska has. If a coach had the guts to pull that off, I would go to great lengths to try to have my kid play for someone like that.

BTW, I'm not trying to suggest the Chaska coaches did anything wrong.

Hockey North

Post by Hockey North » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:21 am

SEpuck wrote:The kid is a chump plain and simple. Took the most cowardly route out of this. Was planned and thought out to obviously take place on senior night.

Whether or not the player and the coaches are divided there is no excuse for throwing your team under the bus. For those of you condoning this type of behavior tells me that you have zero respect for your peers. While it may make people laugh or giggle I find it hard to justify this as a logical way of dealing with frustration. I understand the frustrations of playing the position. I have done it for many years, but if you want to make excuses for the kid for purposely being a dbag, than you are no better than he is. Is he young and stupid? Maybe, but that decision he made obviously days if not weeks before will cost him a lot more than just his place on the team. It is inexcusable and quite frankly a joke.
EXACTLY!!!!! WELL WRITTEN.

Marty2013

Post by Marty2013 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:34 am

I have no clue to the situation there in Farmington, but its pretty sad this is what Youth sports has come to. I am guessing there are lot of Faults in this situation. I've seen it both ways, coaches Play with kids minds, coaches this is not the pro's you play 26 guaranteed games a year. for a student the memories are life time!!!! for kids / Parents. you play 26 guarnteed games a year (W/O Injury) Please enjoy it, control what you can and leave the rest alone. way to many pressures all the way around, and its seems to be getting worse. Respect the Game and yourselves.

O-townClown

Post by O-townClown » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:47 am

Better Dead Than Red wrote:I'm not sure that would ever happen, but it would have been amazing if they had.
Real time I'm sure it was hard to process what was happening. There was a center-ice faceoff shortly after the kid left and something like you suggest probably wasn't popping to mind.

See Seinfeld's "Jerk Store" episode for another example.
Be kind. Rewind.

MNM JMH

Post by MNM JMH » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:03 pm

I hope Farmington will do the right thing.

Fire the coaching staff.

:shock: :P :P

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:12 pm

goldy313 wrote:The Strib is linking their online story on this to this forum :D
:lol: Whoo, publicity. What a week we've had on here, even without all of the end-of-the season hype.

Every time you think you've seen it all...

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:12 pm

This is the goalie Herb Brooks was trying so hard to find!!!

:P :wink:

Tigerfan9999

Ridiculous

Post by Tigerfan9999 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:33 pm

Fire the coach? This kids dad at his daughters U10 hockey game yelled expletives across the ice at the coaching staff and then after the game went up to a coach and threatened and berated him. When he was banned by the board from the rink he continued to come, and had no remorse for his actions even though there were many young children that had to watch this adult act as a two year old. This family has caused Farmington two black eyes and I don't know if the father was part of this but I sure wouldn't doubt it. To all those who are trying to blame the coach, in my opinion there is nothing the coach could have done to justify this, as was said earlier he pissed all over his teammates and is probably enjoying the limelight because obviously he is concerned about no one but him self. Please go away and hopefully Farmington hockey will never have to deal with this family again, as their are many good kids and families in Farmington and this family doesn't seem to be one of them.

Juggernaut

Post by Juggernaut » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:55 pm

The biggest mistake the coach made was to play this kid. The kids actions were pathetic and show how little respect he has for his team, the other team, and the sport. The school should take action.

Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:01 pm

I can hear keys being bounced around as this may be getting closed to being locked up.....

Jbone

Post by Jbone » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:05 pm

Word is the kid got suspended. Found that nugget on Facebook so we'll see if it's really true.

Very good example of how leadership and personality is learned from those you surround yourself with. We teach our kids, neighbors and youth everything by how we treat one another. Kids read this thread and think it's fine to berate one another. If anything is learned here it's that to lead, you need to have followers. Nobody wants to follow someone who dismisses a team for their own benefit.

DrGaf

Post by DrGaf » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:07 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:This is the goalie Herb Brooks was trying so hard to find!!!

:P :wink:
I WANT THAT GUY IN NET THAT WOULDN'T TAKE THE TEST
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.

bestpopcorn

Post by bestpopcorn » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:11 pm

MNM JMH wrote:I hope Farmington will do the right thing.

Fire the coaching staff.

:shock: :P :P
Tiger - I suspect a bit of sarcasm here. Just a bit.

jeffpv

Post by jeffpv » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:12 pm

Not a very classy way to go out.
The classy way to have shown the coaches/fans (whomever) would have been to pitch a shutout and make them really think about who they want to have in net come Sections.
In any case, as others have said, I'm quite confident that this young man will understand that this was a monumental mistake.
Live and learn.
I feel for his teammates.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:18 pm

Pioneerprideguy wrote:I can hear keys being bounced around as this may be getting closed to being locked up.....
Relax Pride, I know he fits the mold, but he's a Senior and his eligibility is up.

:D
Last edited by MrBoDangles on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Better Dead Than Red

Post by Better Dead Than Red » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:24 pm

Jbone wrote:Word is the kid got suspended. Found that nugget on Facebook so we'll see if it's really true.
He tweeted (bragged?) that he got a 10 day suspension from school.

If that is true, kudos Farmington High School!

hockeyfan21

Post by hockeyfan21 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:24 pm

I'm not from Farmington, but I'm hoping they go to the tourney....

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:33 pm

karl(east) wrote:
goldy313 wrote:The Strib is linking their online story on this to this forum :D
:lol: Whoo, publicity. What a week we've had on here, even without all of the end-of-the season hype.

Every time you think you've seen it all...
For some reason I keep seeing Pauly doing some rain dance type prayers last night......

Cdale

Post by Cdale » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:36 pm

I'm guessing Maple Grove is loving this story....

MNM JMH

Re: Ridiculous

Post by MNM JMH » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:44 pm

Tigerfan9999 wrote:Fire the coach? This kids dad at his daughters U10 hockey game yelled expletives across the ice at the coaching staff and then after the game went up to a coach and threatened and berated him. When he was banned by the board from the rink he continued to come, and had no remorse for his actions even though there were many young children that had to watch this adult act as a two year old. This family has caused Farmington two black eyes and I don't know if the father was part of this but I sure wouldn't doubt it. To all those who are trying to blame the coach, in my opinion there is nothing the coach could have done to justify this, as was said earlier he pissed all over his teammates and is probably enjoying the limelight because obviously he is concerned about no one but him self. Please go away and hopefully Farmington hockey will never have to deal with this family again, as their are many good kids and families in Farmington and this family doesn't seem to be one of them.
:( Alright take it easy Tiger. Just messing with ya :P . :shock: :shock: This is why Girls should stay off the forum :wink: .