Farmington Goalie

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

JV Bender

Farmington Goalie

Post by JV Bender » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:00 pm

So words gone around that this Farmington goalie purposely scored on himself? What's the deal with this?

notTONIGHT

Re: Farmington Goalie

Post by notTONIGHT » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:06 pm

JV Bender wrote:So words gone around that this Farmington goalie purposely scored on himself? What's the deal with this?
Heard the same thing. Scored on himself intentionally, flipped off the coaching staff, and stormed off the ice. What the??

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:10 pm

I've heard that goalies can be kind of 'out there'. Not all, of course, but as a rule, yes.

Pass_Shoot_Score

Post by Pass_Shoot_Score » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:16 pm

allstatebenders

Post by allstatebenders » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:21 pm

Never laughed so hard in my life hahahahahahaha

JV Bender

Post by JV Bender » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:22 pm

Pass_Shoot_Score wrote:Heres the video of the madness:
http://twitter.yfrog.com/j5tjkgmrrvrgbdgqpfkxzkxtz
Wow real classy! =D> =D>

Roy01

Post by Roy01 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:22 pm

I few years back we played Farmington and their goalie flicked off our student section, too. Must be a trend... :lol:

pucknight

Post by pucknight » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:43 pm

That other video was hard to watch on my computer, so incase anyone else was having the same problem...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsIoh0ehKQY

allstatebenders

Post by allstatebenders » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:06 am

The kid is a legend now.

stpaul

Austin Krause

Post by stpaul » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:12 am

Legendary idiot who pissed all over his teammates.

allstatebenders

Re: Austin Krause

Post by allstatebenders » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:15 am

stpaul wrote:Legendary idiot who pissed all over his teammates.
Kinda true. Guarantee this gets on Sportscenter. The kid definitely has some balls though. Probably will regret his decision tomorrow morning

rainier

Post by rainier » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:18 am

I feel sorry for his teammates, but I get the feeling that his coach had this coming, therefore it is pretty funny. I don't think kids do this to coaches that treat their players with respect.

stpaul

Austin Krause

Post by stpaul » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:27 am

rainier wrote:I feel sorry for his teammates, but I get the feeling that his coach had this coming, therefore it is pretty funny. I don't think kids do this to coaches that treat their players with respect.
The coach had this coming? The coach will be back next year and the year after that. The Farmington seniors have no next year. Their final home game will always be one in which their teammate and classmate tossed away a win. He disrespected all of them, not the coach. They worked their tails off to build a 2-1 lead late in the game.
Last edited by stpaul on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

green4

Post by green4 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:27 am

according to two youtube comments i have read on the video page they say he was a senior who this year got moved back to backup goalie for a sophomore and on senior night he really got one of his few opportunities to play so he decided to show the coach how he felt. im sure there is some other reasons behind it to because that seems a bit dramatic for becoming a backup but who knows

stpaul

Post by stpaul » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:31 am

green4 wrote:according to two youtube comments i have read on the video page they say he was a senior who this year got moved back to backup goalie for a sophomore and on senior night he really got one of his few opportunities to play so he decided to show the coach how he felt. im sure there is some other reasons behind it to because that seems a bit dramatic for becoming a backup but who knows
Not so. He started 9 games this year. Started 4 of the last 9 games.

SEpuck

Post by SEpuck » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:03 am

Wonder if he will get jumped at school... deserves it

gopherstate5

Post by gopherstate5 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:30 am

Not a good way to send a message to the coaches and teammates. I have contacts in Farmington and rumor has it the HS Boys team is divided somewhat and dysfunctional. It appears the goalie may have been expressing that...

More info on the incident:

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com ... and-leaves

grandindian

Post by grandindian » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:00 am

If the coach is to blame for anything its keeping someone like this on the team up to this point. The rest lies on the shoulders of this kid's poor attitude. Suck it up and play your role.

hshckylvr

Post by hshckylvr » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:01 am

My bet is the scenario went something like this.......Parents have been telling their son, ever since he was a Pee Wee, "son, keep working hard, everyone gets their chance. You just have to wait your turn....that's how it is in high school hockey." In the meantime he has worked his a$$ of, taken abuse ( verbally and emotionally) from his coaches and probably most of his team (most goalies do. It's a thankless job) for the last 3 years keeping his mouth shut, cuz his chance is coming. Now in his Sr year, some wet behind the ears soph rolls in the door (dad probably funds the team or drinks beer with the coaches, cuz that's how it is in real life), and takes his unearned spot in the net. Now I'm sure the details probably aren't spot on, but my bet is its closer to the truth than not. Not condoning what he did, but understand why he probably felt that way. He's a KID (and a boy to boot and we all know they take awhile to develop judgement)....cant tell me you have never wanted to flip a boss off at some point in your life.

Cootslayer

Seniors can be a liability

Post by Cootslayer » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:24 am

There is always an emotionally charged discussion on this board in the fall when coaches bring up the youth and get rid of Seniors. Everyone says the Seniors should be kept, blah, blah, blah.

Here is your eveidence why many coaches err on the side of caution and get rid of Seniors that may or may not contribute. Rather take a chance on an underclassman that has potenial and won't pull something like this.

He had his buddies all set to go recording this. He planned this as his send off. Over/Under on how many years before this gentleman ends up with his first run in with the law???

cooper26

Re: Seniors can be a liability

Post by cooper26 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:32 am

Cootslayer wrote:There is always an emotionally charged discussion on this board in the fall when coaches bring up the youth and get rid of Seniors. Everyone says the Seniors should be kept, blah, blah, blah.

Here is your eveidence why many coaches err on the side of caution and get rid of Seniors that may or may not contribute. Rather take a chance on an underclassman that has potenial and won't pull something like this.

He had his buddies all set to go recording this. He planned this as his send off. Over/Under on how many years before this gentleman ends up with his first run in with the law???
It's unfortunate and, hopefully, the kid will regret it someday, but he is a kid. Don't throw out all the seniors due to the actions of one frustrated kid. And it's a bit early to condemn him to a life of crime. The coach takes part of the blame here if for no other reason, because he didn't see the possibility coming. Good coaches know they are responsible for more than just judging talent and x's and o's.

Towelie

Post by Towelie » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:34 am

hshckylvr wrote:My bet is the scenario went something like this.......Parents have been telling their son, ever since he was a Pee Wee, "son, keep working hard, everyone gets their chance. You just have to wait your turn....that's how it is in high school hockey." In the meantime he has worked his a$$ of, taken abuse ( verbally and emotionally) from his coaches and probably most of his team (most goalies do. It's a thankless job) for the last 3 years keeping his mouth shut, cuz his chance is coming. Now in his Sr year, some wet behind the ears soph rolls in the door (dad probably funds the team or drinks beer with the coaches, cuz that's how it is in real life), and takes his unearned spot in the net. Now I'm sure the details probably aren't spot on, but my bet is its closer to the truth than not. Not condoning what he did, but understand why he probably felt that way. He's a KID (and a boy to boot and we all know they take awhile to develop judgement)....cant tell me you have never wanted to flip a boss off at some point in your life.
Forum meet Parent....
Did somebody say they needed a Towel ??

inthestands

Post by inthestands » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:45 am

I can't imagine one situation where his team mates of probably 12 or more years would deserve that type of behavior, no matter what the details are.

I'm afraid of what this players future holds... Hockey's a game full of life lessons that hopefully help you prepare for life after high school. That didn't happen here.

hshckylvr

Post by hshckylvr » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:49 am

Towelie wrote:
hshckylvr wrote:My bet is the scenario went something like this.......Parents have been telling their son, ever since he was a Pee Wee, "son, keep working hard, everyone gets their chance. You just have to wait your turn....that's how it is in high school hockey." In the meantime he has worked his a$$ of, taken abuse ( verbally and emotionally) from his coaches and probably most of his team (most goalies do. It's a thankless job) for the last 3 years keeping his mouth shut, cuz his chance is coming. Now in his Sr year, some wet behind the ears soph rolls in the door (dad probably funds the team or drinks beer with the coaches, cuz that's how it is in real life), and takes his unearned spot in the net. Now I'm sure the details probably aren't spot on, but my bet is its closer to the truth than not. Not condoning what he did, but understand why he probably felt that way. He's a KID (and a boy to boot and we all know they take awhile to develop judgement)....cant tell me you have never wanted to flip a boss off at some point in your life.
Yep, you are right. I have had a goalie. This one doesn't happen to be mine. Certainly, I can relate though. I would be horrified if mine did this, but kids have done worse. Hell, , adults have done worse. Cut the kid a break.

Forum meet Parent....

Tenoverpar

s

Post by Tenoverpar » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:02 am

We have a Senior goalie at our school who was in a similiar boat, instead of being a big tool like this farmington kid, he kept going to practices and was still part of the team on and off the ice and in the locker room...after not starting for the last 14 games they gave him the Edina game and he played his butt off and took Edina to OT and even though we lost, the kid will finish the year with some class, dignity and well earned respect of his peers, coaches and classmates.

The bad thing for Farmington is they have a group of really good players coming up the pipeline and for them to be part of this debacle is embarrassing, heck I'm embarrassed for this player, his parents and the whole program.