Online Streaming Section Games?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

jeffpv

Online Streaming Section Games?

Post by jeffpv »

Does anyone know where I can find section games being streamed online? (Free or paid, doesn't really matter.)
I don't live in MN (unfortunately), so have to rely on the internet to get my fix. Best part of the season!
I don't even really care which section(s) the streams show.
Thank you in advance.
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

This site streams some games. Would need to check the schedule.

http://www.prep45.com/
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

I've been hoping mnhockeycenter.com will show one of the 7AA Quarterfinals, not CEC/Forest Lake as kniven I'm sure will already be streaming that game. Either GR/St.F. or ER/Andover.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Once we get to sections, I'm pretty sure people can't just put up video feeds of games...they have to make some sort of arrangement with the MSHSL. It gets even more complicated if KSTP is broadcasting any MSHSL event at the same time.

Last season, I remember about 5 AA section finals being streamed online, but little (anything?) else. The good news this year is that Pete Waggoner's outfit (mnhockeycenter) is now affiliated with Prep45/grandstadium, which has the rights to most of these games; I suppose that means they could be expanding their coverage. We'll find out soon enough.

Fortunately, radio is a bit less restrictive, and mnsportsnetwork.com does an excellent job of getting broadcasts of most every semifinal and final. Local radio stations also help.
Last edited by karl(east) on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TennJed

Post by TennJed »

KOZY Radio in GR will be doing all their games. (Hopefully more than one this year :D ) Audio streamed online at kozyradio.com
jeffpv

Post by jeffpv »

Thanks, all. I'll keep an eye out here.
Perhaps a thread with all the known streamed games would be in order?
Just an idea. Cheers.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

jeffpv wrote:Thanks, all. I'll keep an eye out here.
Perhaps a thread with all the known streamed games would be in order?
Just an idea. Cheers.
I think we've done that in the past, so we'll probably do it again, yeah.
kniven

Post by kniven »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:I've been hoping mnhockeycenter.com will show one of the 7AA Quarterfinals, not CEC/Forest Lake as kniven I'm sure will already be streaming that game. Either GR/St.F. or ER/Andover.
Ah yes. I will be streaming the Forest Lake/CEC game for sure ! Should be fun....
iwatchalotofhockey

Sectional VIDEO Broadcast Coverage

Post by iwatchalotofhockey »

We will have Section 2AA and Section 6AA on Prep45.com

Section 7AA will be feed taken from Prep45 affiliate in Duluth for Section Final only.

Any other feeds out there will be audio only unless otherwise noted and approved thru MSHSL and fees paid for to the various section covering.

I do know Section 8A will have WDAZ doing their final however not sure if streamed but one would assume since they are a television station.

Sid from MNHockeyCenter.com
ZachHalverson

Post by ZachHalverson »

kniven wrote:
TheHockeyDJ wrote:I've been hoping mnhockeycenter.com will show one of the 7AA Quarterfinals, not CEC/Forest Lake as kniven I'm sure will already be streaming that game. Either GR/St.F. or ER/Andover.
Ah yes. I will be streaming the Forest Lake/CEC game for sure ! Should be fun....
Audio only I'm assuming?
ZachHalverson

Post by ZachHalverson »

We'll be AUDIO streaming White Bear Lake section games on http://TheHornWBL.com
fourthlinegrinder

PREP 45

Post by fourthlinegrinder »

Check the schedule at PREP 45 those guys do a solid job.