#3 Fergus Falls Otters vs #6 Willmar Cardinals

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Pick a winner!

Poll ended at Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:09 pm

#3 Otters
63%
#6 Cardinals
38%

Total votes: 8

RRubberbeeskit

#3 Fergus Falls Otters vs #6 Willmar Cardinals

Post by RRubberbeeskit »

Its playoff time again and the Otters host the Cards tomorrow evening. Willmar throttled the Otters in the last contest and tied them early in the season. Niether team has been overly impressive or consistant this season.
The Otters are fresh off an upset at Apollo. They split goaltending duties in that contest. Will they split again? Who knows.
The Otters want another crack at LF but will have a major hill to climb in getting by the Cards and Apollo. I see both teams laying it all on the ice in this matchup.
I am predicting a 5-3 Otter win. \:D/
inthestands

Post by inthestands »

Willmar has some struggles in the net at times, and their defending blue line.

If they can get that squared away for this one, it should be a good game.
preferhockey

Post by preferhockey »

Expect very close game, IT IS THE PLAYOFFS and the level of play goes up big time. The team willing to win puck battles and block shots will prevail.

Then again both teams need their goalie to show up.
RRubberbeeskit

Post by RRubberbeeskit »

preferhockey wrote:Expect very close game, IT IS THE PLAYOFFS and the level of play goes up big time. The team willing to win puck battles and block shots will prevail.

Then again both teams need their goalie to show up.
It sure was a close game. A real "Barn Burner" right up until FF # 3 Nathe snuck a puck past the Cards goalie in OT for a 3-2 Otter win.
A waved off Otter goal (in the crease) with about a minute to play in reg almost finished it for the Otters.
#4 Schneider for the Cards proved why he is one of the top Sec 6A players. He had some great opps to open up a scoring gap on the Otters but was stopped by nice tending or missed wide a time or two.
My hat is off to the Cards for a well played game.
Congrats to the Otters and good luck at the MAC against Apollo. \:D/