Start of a Wayzata Dynasty?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

minnscout

Post by minnscout » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:34 pm

No dynasty, the bantam team has 2 impact players maybe and losing Dingman will be a major loss. Aherns will do fine but will they continue to have players buying in to playing the defensive style of play (3rd place game shows what it would like like if guys dont want to block shots for 3 periods). Benilde will be much deeper next year with a loaded class coming in plus a couple of top line transfers. Tonka will be down, EP could be strong if all come back and Holy Family will be ok but Gerisch is gone so they will be 4 or 5 seed again.

Titfortat

Post by Titfortat » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:16 am

minnscout wrote:No dynasty, the bantam team has 2 impact players maybe and losing Dingman will be a major loss. Aherns will do fine but will they continue to have players buying in to playing the defensive style of play (3rd place game shows what it would like like if guys dont want to block shots for 3 periods). Benilde will be much deeper next year with a loaded class coming in plus a couple of top line transfers. Tonka will be down, EP could be strong if all come back and Holy Family will be ok but Gerisch is gone so they will be 4 or 5 seed again.
After seeing Wayzata Bantams play they have a number of impact players next year but maybe just not at Wayzata as they are so young. They have 3 forwards and 2 defense graduating and I don't think they have anyone leaving early.

Aherns is a very good goalie. Just needs to be the guy and get the experience.

Are you saying that BSM has a loaded class of 9th graders (currently 8th graders) coming in to play Varsity?

EP could be very good next year.

Survey

Post by Survey » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:02 am

minnscout wrote:No dynasty, the bantam team has 2 impact players maybe and losing Dingman will be a major loss. Aherns will do fine but will they continue to have players buying in to playing the defensive style of play (3rd place game shows what it would like like if guys dont want to block shots for 3 periods). Benilde will be much deeper next year with a loaded class coming in plus a couple of top line transfers. Tonka will be down, EP could be strong if all come back and Holy Family will be ok but Gerisch is gone so they will be 4 or 5 seed again.
I've see quite a few of the top Bantam teams play this year and based on those top teams I would say they have at least 4 kids that will be playing Varsity next year and will help balance out the depth throughout their lines. From what I've heard they are not losing anyone and I also heard that a former wayzata player "maybe" coming back from SSM.

minnscout

Post by minnscout » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:27 pm

Wayzata may get the U16 player from Shattuck but I am hearing BSM may be getting the top SSM prep player who will be a junior next year.

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:31 pm

Urick typically rolls with a lot of seniors and like the last two years their JV lost very few games which is how they fill in the roster year to year. And not sure if there are any juniors or younger worth anything on the Jr. teams but both A and B made it to state. They can't be the favorite on paper right now of course, but Urick likes senior laden rosters.