Nanne not playing for gophers

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

green4

Nanne not playing for gophers

Post by green4 »

according to his twitter he will not be playing for the gophers. he says in his tweet he is trying to prove he can play based on his abilities and not his name.
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

Smart decision. Unfortunately to many jealous people out there that like to complain about anything. He would have been a great role player at the u of m.
Roy01

Post by Roy01 »

I don't know if it's smart or dumb, but I give the kid credit for wanting to prove his critics wrong. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up.
fastncrash

Post by fastncrash »

He's playing in Sioux Falls,... Isn't he?
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

Good move by Nanne. But he still will never play in the N.H.L.
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

So will a lot of other kids!! [/b]
Nobodyonya

Post by Nobodyonya »

Good Luck Louie chasing your dream and hopefully living that dream someday...Keep your faith strong he has plans for you
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

A conscience.

A very good Hockey player, but he never would have gave it up if he totally felt he deserved it(now).

You NEVER see character like this! Wow!

He has a new fan that will be pulling for him..
preferhockey

Post by preferhockey »

MrBoDangles wrote:A conscience.

A very good Hockey player, but he never would have gave it up if he totally felt he deserved it(now).

Refreshing, good luck to the kid.
JDUBBS1280

Post by JDUBBS1280 »

preferhockey wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:A conscience.

Refreshing, good luck to the kid.
Refreshing that the kid was harassed to the point where he felt he had to give up on a dream to play for the team he wanted to? DOKAY :roll:

What is sad is that some people just can't be happy for KIDS who get an opportunity to play at higher levels. Same things happens to these people's kids and they'd be livid.

I'm no saint. I've been guilty of it. Not with Nanne, but with others. And I feel bad about it.
preferhockey

Post by preferhockey »

JDUBBS1280 wrote: Refreshing that the kid was harassed to the point where he felt he had to give up on a dream to play for the team he wanted to? DOKAY :roll:

What is sad is that some people just can't be happy for KIDS who get an opportunity to play at higher levels. Same things happens to these people's kids and they'd be livid.

I'm no saint. I've been guilty of it. Not with Nanne, but with others. And I feel bad about it.
So people actually harassed the kid. I could see anyone with balls hassling Louie Sr.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

By the article he sounds like a great kid. I would guess that the U told him he would get very limited playing and this was a big factor in his decision.
Shinbone_News

Post by Shinbone_News »

I believe I am on the record as being a skeptic. And I have absolutely nothing against Sr., Jr, Marty, or Tyler. I've met Lou Sr., and as everyone knows he's a class act and a living legend.

The real interesting question to me has always been politics versus genetics. Of course "Nanne" is a name that is going to get you a look and maybe more, certainly an advantage over the guy who has no NHL or D1 lineage. That's not something Jr. is going to avoid by going somewhere other than the U -- sadly, anything he achieves short of goals and assists will be subject to the naysayers. Dems da breaks.

That all said, he comes from good hockey genes and good hockey culture and that's not something he needs to apologize for -- and in any case, it's not something he can escape unless he goes into like witness protection and changes his name.

Good luck to him and the whole Nanne clan. It seems Vinni isn't walking away from his offer anytime soon, but maybe he would if Tino was on TV every March. :roll: :idea:
MNpuckBlog

Post by MNpuckBlog »

Shinbone_News wrote:I believe I am on the record as being a skeptic. And I have absolutely nothing against Sr., Jr, Marty, or Tyler. I've met Lou Sr., and as everyone knows he's a class act and a living legend.

The real interesting question to me has always been politics versus genetics. Of course "Nanne" is a name that is going to get you a look and maybe more, certainly an advantage over the guy who has no NHL or D1 lineage. That's not something Jr. is going to avoid by going somewhere other than the U -- sadly, anything he achieves short of goals and assists will be subject to the naysayers. Dems da breaks.

That all said, he comes from good hockey genes and good hockey culture and that's not something he needs to apologize for -- and in any case, it's not something he can escape unless he goes into like witness protection and changes his name.

Good luck to him and the whole Nanne clan. It seems Vinni isn't walking away from his offer anytime soon, but maybe he would if Tino was on TV every March. :roll: :idea:
I agree. I have been skeptical of Nanne in the past. Watching him play in high school it was easy to see he has talent, but didn't think the way he performed his junior year was worthy of a gopher commitment. I feel bad for the kid that his name is a bit of a curse when it comes to accomplishments because people point to that as the reason. I'm not a Nanne hater, and I hope to see the kid succeed. I think he will find a D1 school that wants his services and he will probably end up somewhere that he can play a bigger role than he would at the U, which is great for him. Much respect to him for trying to achieve it on his own.
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

I caught the tail end of Lou Nanne interview on the radio yesterday. The announcers afterword were saying it sounds like Lou's grandsons were strongly cosidering attending Michigan together. I assumed the grandsons were Louie and Tyler and not Louie and Vinny.
Tenoverpar

f

Post by Tenoverpar »

Last names of kids who left high school early for Juniors: NANNE, Guentzel, Lucia...do the math people and see what HOCKEY people's kids are doing..............and some of you want to berate a kid from Irondale who goes to the NAHL. (could be wrong string for this rant but..eh')
Bleed Maroon and Gold

Re: f

Post by Bleed Maroon and Gold »

[quote="Tenoverpar"]Last names of kids who left high school early for Juniors: NANNE, Guentzel, Lucia...do the math people and see what HOCKEY people's kids are doing..............and some of you want to berate a kid from Irondale who goes to the NAHL. (could be wrong string for this rant but..eh')[/quote]

Not sure who berated the Irondale player for leaving to go to the NAHL. The comment that was made was ouch poor Irondale. I do not see any berating going on about him leaving.
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

Bleed Maroon and Gold wrote:Not sure who berated the Irondale player for leaving to go to the NAHL. The comment that was made was ouch poor Irondale. I do not see any berating going on about him leaving.
That was me. The comment was in reference to this quote from the article...
Alex Fredberg wrote:“Our team wasn’t really that good,” he said of the Knights.
Bleed Maroon and Gold

Post by Bleed Maroon and Gold »

[quote="The Exiled One"][quote="Bleed Maroon and Gold"]Not sure who berated the Irondale player for leaving to go to the NAHL. The comment that was made was ouch poor Irondale. I do not see any berating going on about him leaving.[/quote]
That was me. The comment was in reference to this quote from the article...

[quote="Alex Fredberg"]“Our team wasn’t really that good,” he said of the Knights.[/quote][/quote]

Yes but that is not berating a kid. That is pointing out what he said about his former team.
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

Bleed Maroon and Gold wrote:Yes but that is not berating a kid. That is pointing out what he said about his former team.
No, I didn't berate the kid.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

I'm not one to level criticism at kids, especially when it comes to hockey, but if he really said what's being quoted here I do think he deserves some criticism. Rather than putting down his former teammates, he should have said that he's leaving for what he believed to be a great opportunity, and left it at that.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Well done, Karl.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

That's great, Karl. You again have an informative explanation from a neutral point-of-view. Well done.
Be kind. Rewind.
5thgraders

Post by 5thgraders »

you keeping Karl on your good side no need you ride the fence :wink: