Final AAA 2013 Rankings

Discussion of AAA Hockey

Moderator: Mitch Hawker

Hockey General

Post by Hockey General » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:03 pm

Would have liked to watch 00 Machine Orange vs 00 Euro American Red at the end of this past season. Unfortunatley, they didn't face each other.

RMWCHOCKEY

Post by RMWCHOCKEY » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:48 pm

Hockey General wrote:Would have liked to watch 00 Machine Orange vs 00 Euro American Red at the end of this past season. Unfortunatley, they didn't face each other.
Euro was on course for their dream match-up in the Stars n Stripes this year but got beat by the 00 LSS 7-2 to lose out on advancing to the semifinal. In the semis LSS then got blown-out by the 00 Blades 7 - 0 and then the Blades got run over by the Machine 9 - 1 in the final. Hard to draw conclusions from games vs common opponents but . . .

Looking at the history of head to head match-ups, Euro and the Machine have played seven times in the last couple years and Euro is 0 - 7 and have been outscored 44 - 3 over that stretch. The most recent two games between 00 Euro and 00 Machine were not close games by any stretch; 5 - 0 and 8 - 1 Euro losses with the Machine running the dump and change for the whole third period in both.

snowpuck

Post by snowpuck » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:37 am

There is a reason the 2000 machine team doesn't enter local tourneys... It would have been a snoozer with the machine pumbling the Euro.

Hockey General

Post by Hockey General » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:05 am

Took my son to watch the Euros play the Attack (team with a lot of 00 Orange players) in the championship of the Caribou a few weeks ago and the Euros handled them pretty well. Would have liked to see them play the 00 Orange.

Mnhockeys

Post by Mnhockeys » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:28 pm

Seems not to be the first time hearing that machine orange 00 is unbeatable as a team, but when you throw some of the players with another team, they become more or less average.

So is it the coach, team concept, jersey, or socks which makes the team such a success?

JSR

Post by JSR » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:46 pm

Mnhockeys wrote:Seems not to be the first time hearing that machine orange 00 is unbeatable as a team, but when you throw some of the players with another team, they become more or less average.

So is it the coach, team concept, jersey, or socks which makes the team such a success?
How good are the Chicago Blackhawks without Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane??? I mean those are just two players on a pfrofessional NHL team. With them they win a Stanley Cup last year, but how would they do without thsoe two players..... I think you see where I am going. While I am not up there with you folks I know enough about the '00 Orange that while they have a very good team from top to bottom and can compete at the invite AAA level with all of their players they do have a handful of 3 or 4 guys who really put them over the top and is why they are so dominant when they are all together. Take away just 2, 3 or 4 of those really special players and you have a really good AAA invite level team but one that is beatable and more "normal", my observation has been that it is those players in particular are the ones that are M.I.A. when the "Attack" gets beat if that makes sense.... just an educated guess based on my experiences with the '00 Orange versus the other teams that unofficially represent them partially like the '00 Attack etc.....

Shinbone_News

Post by Shinbone_News » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:37 pm

Totally agree with this. Plus there is just some extra energy that happens when those key players are on the bench with their regular coach that makes a team gel. Probably the ~expectation~ that they WILL win is a part of it. Especially for 00 Machine.

We all say "it's a team sport," and it is -- but a strong team with three or four superstars is way better than a strong team without them. And very occasionally, an average team with ONE superstar can beat a strong team.

I have no idea if the "Attack" was missing its studs. That seems to be the inference here.

JSR wrote:
Mnhockeys wrote:Seems not to be the first time hearing that machine orange 00 is unbeatable as a team, but when you throw some of the players with another team, they become more or less average.

How good are the Chicago Blackhawks without Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane??? I mean those are just two players on a pfrofessional NHL team. With them they win a Stanley Cup last year, but how would they do without thsoe two players..... I think you see where I am going. While I am not up there with you folks I know enough about the '00 Orange that while they have a very good team from top to bottom and can compete at the invite AAA level with all of their players they do have a handful of 3 or 4 guys who really put them over the top and is why they are so dominant when they are all together. Take away just 2, 3 or 4 of those really special players and you have a really good AAA invite level team but one that is beatable and more "normal", my observation has been that it is those players in particular are the ones that are M.I.A. when the "Attack" gets beat if that makes sense.... just an educated guess based on my experiences with the '00 Orange versus the other teams that unofficially represent them partially like the '00 Attack etc.....