12/11/13 MN Hub/LPH rankings?

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Nevertoomuchhockey

12/11/13 MN Hub/LPH rankings?

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

Could any of you experts please step in and explain this?
panpan111

Post by panpan111 »

Here we go:
Class A
1. Achiever Academy
Now will AAA, & Nevertoomuchposting will you please go away? Why do Rankings mean so much to this point? Keep winning & it will all work out for you...
36Guy

Post by 36Guy »

panpan111 wrote:Here we go:
Class A
1. Achiever Academy
Now will AAA, & Nevertoomuchposting will you please go away? Why do Rankings mean so much to this point? Keep winning & it will all work out for you...
I agree with pan pan, why is LPH making Achiever work its way up the rankings and prove themselves...ridiculous! After all they have been a program for 6 weeks now and deserve better. Teams like Warroad and SSP who have consistently produced year after year (even after slow starts in some of them) are overrated and don't event belong in the same breath as AA.

:-({|=
AAA Dad

Post by AAA Dad »

36Guy wrote:
Class A
1. Achiever Academy
I agree with pan pan, why is LPH making Achiever work its way up the rankings and prove themselves...ridiculous! After all they have been a program for 6 weeks now and deserve better. Teams like Warroad and SSP who have consistently produced year after year (even after slow starts in some of them) are overrated and don't event belong in the same breath as AA.

Oh I forgot that rankings this year are for yesteryears teams.!

I think it was a legitimate observation especially on Warroad. Great minds like you are entitled to your own opinion.

Breck has similar winning percentage and a little tougher schedule than Warroad and is at 11. Aren't they a proven winner as well!??

People post rankings and people make comments about them and some people argue how many lockers are in a D1 locker room.
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

AAA Dad you did it all wrong. You cant just start a new team and expect us all to bow down. The way its done is go to an old established program with history and the #1 ranking. Thats how its done by the bro. :wink:
D6 Girls Fan

Post by D6 Girls Fan »

Dude, they paid their 11 grand, can't you cut 'em some respect?
36Guy

Post by 36Guy »

AAA Dad wrote:
36Guy wrote:
Class A
1. Achiever Academy

I think it was a legitimate observation especially on Warroad. Great minds like you are entitled to your own opinion.

Breck has similar winning percentage and a little tougher schedule than Warroad and is at 11. Aren't they a proven winner as well!??

People post rankings and people make comments about them and some people argue how many lockers are in a D1 locker room.
AAA, I actually was up for a little bit of a fight today, but I actually like your response it has my 3 favorite things: opinion, research and sarcasm...well done!

As I said before, Tonka won 3 straight titles and were not ranked number one before they even lost a game so respect does not come easy me boy!
6 weeks in to a new school were pining for number one and dissing other teams....priceless!

CP is a friend, I wish him nothing but the best!

Peace!
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

So what happened to CP at Breck anyway? I would think there would have been other legitimate schools that would have offered him a job instead of creating CPU, if he would have left on a good note.
AAA Dad

Post by AAA Dad »

D6 Girls Fan wrote:Dude, they paid their 11 grand, can't you cut 'em some respect?
11K! I wish!.....Think I will take Wolfman's advice and move to Minnetonka, Wayzata or Edina area for next season!! Cheaper way to go!!! LMAO!!
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

Their site says 13 grand. I don't know what their education standards are like, but their logo of the flying jet screams cheese. It reminds me of something from a cartoon superhero movie. Maybe if they threw in some latin it would look more academic, like Non Gradus Anus Rodentum, or a homage to his last job, Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
AAA Dad

Post by AAA Dad »

pepperpot wrote: I don't know.
I like this part of your quote the best! I can think of a fitting word to insert after!
MN_Bowhunter

Post by MN_Bowhunter »

36Guy wrote:
AAA Dad wrote:
36Guy wrote: I agree with pan pan, why is LPH making Achiever work its way up the rankings and prove themselves...ridiculous! After all they have been a program for 6 weeks now and deserve better. Teams like Warroad and SSP who have consistently produced year after year (even after slow starts in some of them) are overrated and don't event belong in the same breath as AA.

AAA, I actually was up for a little bit of a fight today, but I actually like your response it has my 3 favorite things: opinion, research and sarcasm...well done!

As I said before, Tonka won 3 straight titles and were not ranked number one before they even lost a game so respect does not come easy me boy!
6 weeks in to a new school were pining for number one and dissing other teams....priceless!

CP is a friend, I wish him nothing but the best!

Peace!
This whole sequence made my day. Well done, gentlemen!
Nevertoomuchhockey

[quote="pepperpot"]So what happened to CP at Breck anyway? I would think there would have been other legitimate schools that would have offered him a job instead of creating CPU, if he would have left on a good note.[/quotes

Do you actually know ANYTHING happened at Breck? Maybe he wanted this opportunity. ($$$) Considering how Breck has come out so far early season, I bet at least some of the players and parents are lamenting his departure. Having said that, I think Breck has a lot of young talent. I expect the newbie to get a lot more out of her girls as the seasons progress. I imagine many of these kids went to Breck at least partly because of CP. Growing pains.
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

[quote="Nevertoomuchhockey"]
"Do you actually know ANYTHING happened at Breck? Maybe he wanted this opportunity. ($$$) "

Maybe. Or MAYBE it was his only option. Things are usually swept under the rug at privates, but the word usually does get out. What happened at Marshall? You seem to know a lot about both of these programs. Who went where and why? Delight us with your infinite wisdom. I really don't know. I've only heard whispers of debauchery and degeneracy. A tale of two privates. They can't all be true! :oops:
Nevertoomuchhockey

pepperpot wrote:
Nevertoomuchhockey wrote: "Do you actually know ANYTHING happened at Breck? Maybe he wanted this opportunity. ($$$) "

Maybe. Or MAYBE it was his only option. Things are usually swept under the rug at privates, but the word usually does get out. What happened at Marshall? You seem to know a lot about both of these programs. Who went where and why? Delight us with your infinite wisdom. I really don't know. I've only heard whispers of debauchery and degeneracy. A tale of two privates. They can't all be true! :oops:
I only know what the parents of two girls at each school told me. I know former Breck coach didn't get fired. I know the former Marshall coaches did. And it was wholly debauchery and degeneracy.
Haven't had any personal experience or been burned by "the privates" but it seems you'd like to share.
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

Back in the day I had a hard time filling my gas tank let alone send my kids to a private. It's a different culture now, and nothing surprises me anymore. So if I understand you don't know more than anyone else is what you are saying. Still conjecture and rumor. Excellent. That's the way! I'll turn the page. What's wrong with my timber lovin Jacks? Have you talked to anyone about that? I know they're public, but really, one win?
sinbin

Post by sinbin »

Pepper, I appreciate the Latin, but you run the risk of classing up our motley crue (speaking only for myself, not everyone is as motley as I am). What's next, an animated discussion about the relative merits of Cabernet-Merlot vs. Syrah-Zinfandel blends?

Heady stuff, indeed. Always appreciate culture- and humor-infused hockey discussions. Carry on!
imlisteningtothefnsong

Rankings

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong »

Latin, Spanish, or Ebonics.... If these Achiever girls keep winning, there will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth!!
AAA Dad

Post by AAA Dad »

sinbin wrote:Pepper, I appreciate the Latin, but you run the risk of classing up our motley crue (speaking only for myself, not everyone is as motley as I am). What's next, an animated discussion about the relative merits of Cabernet-Merlot vs. Syrah-Zinfandel blends?

Heady stuff, indeed. Always appreciate culture- and humor-infused hockey discussions. Carry on!
I agree Pooperpants is an intellectual genius! What do you think Letsgetrealpeople???
LetsGetRealPeople

New Poll - LPH or Poison Ivy?

Post by LetsGetRealPeople »

If you were a hunter in the woods and needed some TP and had a option of Poison Ivy or the ranking Page from LPH.

Of course I would choose the Poison Ivy as a painful itch would be better than a unsightly blemish that is the LPH ranking page.

With all due respect of course!
MNHockeyFan

Re: New Poll - LPH or Poison Ivy?

Post by MNHockeyFan »

LetsGetRealPeople wrote:Of course I would choose the Poison Ivy as a painful itch would be better than a unsightly blemish that is the LPH ranking page.
OK but if Achiever Academy were to ever become No. 1 in LPH would you still choose the poison ivy? :lol:
LetsGetRealPeople

With all due respect of course.

Post by LetsGetRealPeople »

That's a easy one as LPH is only right once a year and that's after the seasons are over and even then it's a painful itch over a unsightly blemish for me.
Marty

Re: With all due respect of course.

Post by Marty »

LetsGetRealPeople wrote:That's a easy one as LPH is only right once a year and that's after the seasons are over and even then it's a painful itch over a unsightly blemish for me.
Like it. Nice post.
allhoc11

Re: With all due respect of course.

Post by allhoc11 »

LetsGetRealPeople wrote:That's a easy one as LPH is only right once a year and that's after the seasons are over and even then it's a painful itch over a unsightly blemish for me.
Agreed, but even then the only one they have 100% right is #1, as it seems in 2-20 teams that make state from a weaker conference are ranked higher than far superior teams who play in a tougher section.
sinbin

Post by sinbin »

Nature of the LPH beast, allhoc. That doesn't mean anyone has to like it.