MN Girls Hockey Hub

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

royals dad

Post by royals dad »

NearWestSide wrote:We are lucky, I checked all the teams we play and only one team has not entered their roster...I thought I would make-up a goalie name and a few players so that I can put in shots, penalties, and goals that they might score....I will have their roster on game day or might get it before so I could do better than that I guess
Name the goalie; Lota Swischees (with a nod to the gopher student section). Hopefully its not my daughters team.
Ram Hockey

Post by Ram Hockey »

NotMuchToSay wrote:It is my understanding that the MGHCA site was created before there was ever a Star Tribune Girls Hockey Hub. MGHCA is not trying to RE-create anything.
Actually, Yes they are. They were one single site last year. MGHCA elected to go on their own for some reason.
leftwing

Post by leftwing »

NotMuchToSay wrote:It is my understanding that the MGHCA site was created before there was ever a Star Tribune Girls Hockey Hub. MGHCA is not trying to RE-create anything.
There was a MGHCA site a few years ago. They went with TST Media ("Hockey Hub") as their "new" website provider, in conjunction with the Star Tribune, approximately 3 years ago. I entered roster names, photos, game updates, media mentions, etc. for my daughter's high school team for several years - but not scores. That was the responsibility of an assistant coach (who, along with the rest of the coaching staff didn't really care if assists were correct, etc. So - not all team coaching staffs took the time to make sure stats were completely accurate, 'k?)

The girl's hockey hub site was similar in look and feel to the other STrib Hub sites - including the BOYS hockey site (and wrestling, softball, etc.) No longer did the girls have to take a back seat to the boys in terms of look and functionality - as was the case before the TST portal was created. The look and utility waxed and waned as the MGHCA took an interest...or not. It seemed to rest on the desire of individuals to give a...darn...about it, and that interest wasn't there every year. What passed as a "league portal" looked like crap, frankly.

The Girls Hockey Hub grew in stature and reliability over that period of time, making it an ideal place for *every* high school team in the state to have a beautiful, functional website - Metro, outstate, up north...didn't matter. All stats were in one place, and if you had questions about previous seasons you could get that information quickly and easily. With a little training/coaching it was easy to update the team's page and fun to make the girls look good. It was also easy for friends and family (who weren't as obsessed as we were, go figure) to check game times and locations, or catch up on their granddaughters, nieces, etc. activities.

So, yes, the MGHCA IS "re-creating" a 'new' girl's Hockey Hub web site - thereby *guaranteeing* that stats will be inaccurate, sites will go unmaintained, and once AGAIN there will be an overall unprofessional look and feel for the girl's teams. We have the biggest numbers of girls participating in hockey in the country, and yet, I predict within a year the sites representing this sport will be in disarray. Completely maddening.