Teams from the Hinterland

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

HM 6-0 over Cloquet-Esko-Carelton...
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:Score for Edina/Warroad?
3-2 Edina over Warroad Roseau 6 Breck 5
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

Warroad 1
Bemidji 1
Final/OT

EGF 4
Moorhead 2

TRF 2
Roseau 0
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

State Champ 97 wrote:Warroad 1
Bemidji 1
Final/OT

EGF 4
Moorhead 2

TRF 2
Roseau 0
By the way, EGF had 74 shots on goal against Moorhead. :mrgreen:
What is a Green Wave anyway?
moose jaw

Post by moose jaw »

Well i didnt say they all had to have a warm and fuzzy personality but i will stick with what i said about theifs weakness and the glorified 12u coach behind the bench and will see who is left come sec. finals.
Bighead

Post by Bighead »

TTpuckster wrote:
By the way, EGF had 74 shots on goal against Moorhead. :mrgreen:

That's 70 saves for Brianna Storms...Nice!
BarTender3035

Post by BarTender3035 »

what was even sillier was the fact the game was at Pine Valley not the nice rink. Maybe needed the body heat.
Otter wrote:Why does GRG have 5 adult males on the bench during their games? What could possibly be the point of that? They look incredibly silly.
2010 MINNESOTA STATE HIGH SCHOOL CONTEST WINNER
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

Bemidji @ Detroit Lakes tonight has been cancelled or possibly postponed. No make up date announced yet.
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

The high school games are cancelled and the youth association teams buy up the ice. Crazy hockey parents! :wink:
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

I see hermantown-proctor mirage disassembled Hibbing. I don't see Hibbing making it out of their section, but on the other hand mirage seems to be a Jekyll and Hyde. Lost to Rapids earlier in the week with over a period worth of penalties but put a thumping on some other teams. Last time they played the Jacks they had a meltdown in the 3rd. Monday will be a good game. Mirage #6 will have a target on her jersey. :lol: When she plays, might be the most dangerous sniper north of the cities.
Hard water fan

Post by Hard water fan »

Definitely worthy of Ms. Hockey consideration. Fawcett has the rare ability to single-handily control a game. Playing on a small town A team puts her at a disadvantage when comparing stats with the cities teams. Great player, great young lady.
powerplayer

Post by powerplayer »

Wow were there upsets in the Hinterland yesterday.

CEC 4 Duluth 2
MLWR 6 Mirage 4
Hibbing 1 I Falls 1

Should be interesting to see who gets what seed. Any thoughts?
powerplayer

Post by powerplayer »

In Section 7A that is.....Thoughts?
JohnnyBuck

Post by JohnnyBuck »

Not sure I call any of them upsets. I Falls and Hibbing tied which is about right in my estimation. I Falls is a little underated. They have a top notch player that gets little fan fare because of the geographical location.

Moose Lake is up and coming. Some young talent and may have the best two lines in the section. Their goal tending has been strong, also and hold the best record in the section. Proc/Hermantown is a team no one has figured out yet. Seem to be on a bit of a slide.

Duluth and Cloquet? Both below avera AA teams. Both will be one and done in playoffs.

Moose Lake to state, Baby!! :D
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

JohnnyBuck wrote:Not sure I call any of them upsets. I Falls and Hibbing tied which is about right in my estimation. I Falls is a little underated. They have a top notch player that gets little fan fare because of the geographical location.

Moose Lake is up and coming. Some young talent and may have the best two lines in the section. Their goal tending has been strong, also and hold the best record in the section. Proc/Hermantown is a team no one has figured out yet. Seem to be on a bit of a slide.

Duluth and Cloquet? Both below avera AA teams. Both will be one and done in playoffs.

Moose Lake to state, Baby!! :D
Do not forget that "ELITE" program GRG Lightning :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

They are clearly "upsets" based on the first 90% of the season. But as I didn't attend either game, I can't speculate on what happened on the ice. I will readily cheer for whoever comes out of this section like I always do! Upsets and "favorites" taking unexpected early losses are sometimes the best moments at the tourney - girls and boys.
Last edited by Nevertoomuchhockey on Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShakestheClown

Post by ShakestheClown »

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:They are clearly "upsets" based on the first 90% of the season. But as I didn't attend either game, I can't speculate on what happened on the ice. And sorry guys, but does it really matter who comes out of the section as any team is virtually guaranteed to get knocked out in their first game? Maybe by A LOT?
I'm not quite sure how your statement adds to the conversation? :roll:

I was at the HIB/I-Falls game and even though it was a tie, I'd say that Falls looked like the stronger team. They controlled the offensive zone and their forecheck was very good. HIB had a hard time getting consistent pressure, and a good portion of their shots were on breakouts.

HIB did dominate the overtime period and had some very good looks, but just couldn't get the puck into the net.

As far as who gets out of the section, it's a toss-up between HIB, Falls, ML/WR, and Hermantown. All four teams have the ability to play very good hockey, the problem is that none of them have been consistently dominant over any stretch in the season.
JohnnyBuck

Post by JohnnyBuck »

Good assessment ShakyClown. Tend to agree with your assessment of IFalls and Hibbing. Moose plays IFalls today. It will be interesting to see who wins this one. I have seen Moose of late and they are getting hot at the right time. And to NeverTooMuchHockey................first round busts at the state tournament, I have two responses. 1. Who cares, they made it a got to experience it! and 2. Any one of the top four teams will compete down there. :roll:
redlightclub

Post by redlightclub »

Moose Lake lost to I Falls 1-0 according to Mshsl site.

No clear number 1 seed in section 7A.
Hibbing lost to PHM tied ML & IFalls
PHM lost to Hibbing & ML
ML lost to PHM & IFalls tied Hibbing & Eveleth
IFalls lost to PHM & Hibbing tied Hibbing

1 & 2 seeds get first round bye.
JohnnyBuck

Post by JohnnyBuck »

So much for my prediction with the big Moose. Based on the head to head and looking at SOS my guess is #1Hermanton, #2 Hibbing #3to IFalls and #4 to the Moose.
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:They are clearly "upsets" based on the first 90% of the season. But as I didn't attend either game, I can't speculate on what happened on the ice. And sorry guys, but does it really matter who comes out of the section as any team is virtually guaranteed to get knocked out in their first game? Maybe by A LOT?
Once again Never, the only thing worse than your opinion is your ability to judge. As evidence of this years schedules and matchups, any team coming out of 7A has a chance. If memory serves HErmantown lost a close one goal game to Blake, while powerhouses like SPU seem to be losing by a touchdown and a fieldgoal. Hibbing, I'Falls and Moose all are dangerous. Consistent, no, but upset worthy? Absolutely. At A Rapids can run with the best of 'em. Thief, EGF, Warroad, etc. All northern teams with as much punch as your illustrious privates you love to swallow for. Too bad your team won't be there to see it though. They'll get knocked out in sections by any number of teams. Maybe if they weren't playing your 5 y/o they'd be a bit better. But then again, who can turn down that kind of talent?
luckyEPDad

Post by luckyEPDad »

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:...And sorry guys, but does it really matter who comes out of the section as any team is virtually guaranteed to get knocked out in their first game? Maybe by A LOT?
It matters quite a lot to the team advancing to the state tournament. I'm pretty sure they will not share your opinion of their chances. They will play to the best of their abilities, leaving it all out on the ice. Win or lose they will act with grace and humility. They will be great representatives for their section and great ambassadors for girls hockey. They will create memories that stay with them for the rest of their lives.

I think you have forgotten that the importance of sports has nothing to do with winning or losing. Sad.
u12dad

Post by u12dad »

If memory serves HErmantown lost a close one goal game to Blake, while powerhouses like SPU seem to be losing by a touchdown and a fieldgoal.

Please don't over exagerate-SPU only lost by a touchdown and a safety, not a field goal!
pucktech

Post by pucktech »

u12dad wrote:If memory serves HErmantown lost a close one goal game to Blake, while powerhouses like SPU seem to be losing by a touchdown and a fieldgoal.

Please don't over exagerate-SPU only lost by a touchdown and a safety, not a field goal!
Pepper is correct...it was a touchdown and fieldgoal....(just no extra point)...Final was 10 - 1...!! )
Hard water fan

Post by Hard water fan »

[/quote]I think you have forgotten that the importance of sports has nothing to do with winning or losing. Sad

Once again EP nails it. Kudos...

PL