Teams from the Hinterland

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

pucktech wrote:
u12dad wrote:If memory serves HErmantown lost a close one goal game to Blake, while powerhouses like SPU seem to be losing by a touchdown and a fieldgoal.

Please don't over exagerate-SPU only lost by a touchdown and a safety, not a field goal!
Pepper is correct...it was a touchdown and fieldgoal....(just no extra point)...Final was 10 - 1...!! )
SPU doesn't have a monopoly on such defeats! :P

http://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/game/sh ... rer=982524 :wink:
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

Hmmm. I revised my earlier post and was going to tell you guys you were absolutely right - that getting there is as big for most teams as winning is for the perennial powerhouses. I was going to apologize to the sometimes great and sometimes underrated girls of your section, many of whom could compete in any section for any team in the state.
But then I read pepperpots ridiculous comment about the "illustrious privates" who I allegedly "swallow for." Way to keep it classy buddy. My SON plays for an illustrious private that is having a far from illustrious year. My daughter plays for a common 12uA team.

So to the teams, families, and girls of section 7, I was wrong. Good luck and I will honestly be rooting for you. But to pepperpot, way to 1)not know what the hell you are talking about or my motivations or allegiances, and 2)give another perfect example of how over-invested dads take message board OPINIONS as a personal slap in the face to their own kid or team, AND 3)embody the stereotype I had of you already. I'm far from the only guy here to share this opinion but yes, go ahead and attack me personally. PM me and I will give you my kids teams, names, and numbers (stats too!) so you can rip on me more appropriately. Or NOT.
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

[quote="Nevertoomuchhockey"]Hmmm. I revised my earlier post.

I'm sure you did Never, I'm sure you did. :roll: Maybe you should change your moniker to Nevertoomuchpassiveaggressiveness.
Hard water fan

Post by Hard water fan »

Proctor Hermantown Mirage beats Duluth 2-1 in OT to capture Lake Superior conference.
Hard water fan

Post by Hard water fan »

Proctor Hermantown Mirage beats Duluth 2-1 in OT to capture Lake Superior conference.
powerplayer

Post by powerplayer »

Great article on Duluth Northern Stars Alexia Klaas.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/event/ ... up/Sports/
JohnnyBuck

Post by JohnnyBuck »

Great story on a great kid. Too bad she did not ahve more talent around her. 20 goals and 9 assists says it all. My understanding is the Duluth coach tried spreading out the top players to balance the scoring. Not sure if it worked or not based on her stats.
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

Really good player. Duluth who is already struggling (Jacks handed it to them and they lost 2x to Hermantown) will be in the pits of mediocrity for a long, long time without her. Too bad. There coach had a good opportunity to reverse course, but he blew it.
Nevertoomuchhockey

Oh please enlighten us on how the first year coach "blew it."
JohnnyBuck

Post by JohnnyBuck »

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:Oh please enlighten us on how the first year coach "blew it."
Very talented younger group moves up from 14A's, returning all but two key players from last year, transfer moves in from Michigan and he finds a way for the team to get worse. It appears a little ironic that he was instrumental on the past coach (Davidson) quitting and yet he is not able to improve with her "leftovers" and more. :shock:
Hard water fan

Post by Hard water fan »

Never, you could argue that it was a pivotal season for Duluth, coming off of a mass mutiny. I won't find fault in the old coach as all of the info on what happened is purely rumor. I also don't like mutiny. That being said, it was a year that needed a glimmer of hope that winning ways would return. I feel sorry for those girls- they are a good bunch. I don't think it was smart for current coach to play Seniors on JV games, even current captains in some games, for what appeared to be solely to win. a JV game. You could sense the discontent each time my daughters team played them. With Marshall taking a good chunk of talented 14's and possibly some from the HS, Coach definitely has his work cut out for him. Winning solves lots of problems, and losing can cause lots as well...
Nevertoomuchhockey

I don't know anything about the old coach and the "mutiny" or anything about the new coach other than it was his first year. In general it's hard to blame a first year coach on the make-up and quality of his players. Having said that, I can't speak to how he played his bench. I appreciate your comments. I said a few months ago that I had watched some amazing 12 and 14 teams last season and over the summer from Duluth, but with what happened at Marshall and considering how some summer teams recruit from every and anywhere, I was curious about how this team would come together. Apparently they didn't? Too bad for the entire team and town. So what happens now? Hard do you think this bodes well for a second team in Duluth or does it make that even less likely??
Hard water fan

Post by Hard water fan »

Never, I think the odds of Duluth having a second public HS team is about as likely as you and Pepper taking a yoga class together. Duluth won't even accept kids who go to local charter schools because they "compete" for state dollars. Girls hockey is considered a obligatory nuisance by many up here...
powerplayer

Post by powerplayer »

Girls hockey is considered a obligatory nuisance by many up here...[/quote]

Sad but very true :(
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

powerplayer wrote:Girls hockey is considered a obligatory nuisance by many up here...
I don't think the Hinterland has a monopoly on this way of thinking. :(
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

You can hear the Roseau Rams and the Buffalo Bison battle for the Section 8AA Championship from the BCA in Bemidji online on KRWC 1360.com.
goaline

Roseau in

Post by goaline »

State Champ 97 wrote:You can hear the Roseau Rams and the Buffalo Bison battle for the Section 8AA Championship from the BCA in Bemidji online on KRWC 1360.com.
The Rams are in with a shutout of Buffalo, at least there will be some Hinterland representation in Saint Paul for the real tourney :?
moose jaw

Post by moose jaw »

I hate to tell prowler fans I told you so but I told you so,next year get rid of your co- head coach :wink: