Poganski and Iverson

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

teamduster

Poganski and Iverson

Post by teamduster » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:51 pm

Iverson is ranked 82 by red line report today
Poganski is ranked 83

I bet if they stayed in high school hockey they would be ranked higher

( insert Sheldon's voice " sarcasm" )

InYourFace09

Re: Poganski and Iverson

Post by InYourFace09 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:52 pm

teamduster wrote:Iverson is ranked 82 by red line report today
Poganski is ranked 83

Can you provide a link?

imlisteningtothefnsong

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:45 pm

I hope you will take a moment and go look at the Winterhawk roster to see who Iverson practices against and plays his 72 regular season games with. I think it might be just a slight advantage to go to Portland.

teamduster

of course

Post by teamduster » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:21 pm

for anyone to think if Iverson or Poganski stayed in high school that it would be better for rankings is out of their mind.

72 games whl
60 games ushl
20 games high school

Traxler

Re: of course

Post by Traxler » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:27 pm

teamduster wrote:for anyone to think if Iverson or Poganski stayed in high school that it would be better for rankings is out of their mind.

72 games whl
60 games ushl
20 games high school
Not that it changes the comparison much, but there are 25 regular season games in high school.

teamduster

LINK

Post by teamduster » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:28 pm

gitter

Post by gitter » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:44 pm

Poganski is ranked 83

Quite honestly, rankings don't mean anything. See Brian Lawton. Or Doug Wickenheiser. And see Dominik Hasek. Or Pavel Datsyuk.

If you're good enough, you will play there, regardless of where you play as a 17 year old.

old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:49 pm

Why don't you talk about these kids on the Jr forum ?? This is the Highschool forum. They play Jrs !! Right ?? :roll:

gitter

Re: of course

Post by gitter » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:50 pm

teamduster wrote:for anyone to think if Iverson or Poganski stayed in high school that it would be better for rankings is out of their mind.

72 games whl
60 games ushl
20 games high school
Gosh, I guess someone ought to tell all these Gopher, UND (and so on) players to stop going to the NCAA. They can only play 34 games there.

:shock:

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:06 pm

gitter wrote:
Poganski is ranked 83

Quite honestly, rankings don't mean anything. See Brian Lawton. Or Doug Wickenheiser. And see Dominik Hasek. Or Pavel Datsyuk.

If you're good enough, you will play there, regardless of where you play as a 17 year old.
Very true.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:14 pm

imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:I hope you will take a moment and go look at the Winterhawk roster to see who Iverson practices against and plays his 72 regular season games with. I think it might be just a slight advantage to go to Portland.
How many minutes is he getting on that third line? Turning him into a checking line guy? Probably would be on the ice a ton in those 25 games and kept developing a scoring touch. Total minutes might have actually been higher here overall.

The kids are also on the ice almost every day here and the verdict is still out for practice to game ratio. Kids are developing around here when WHL kids are spending countless hours on travel.

And there's still the fact that their stock has fallen in the NHL's eyes since they've left. People can deny it, but it's a obvious fact.

Sorry that Achiever Academy left a bad impression on you.

imlisteningtothefnsong

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:27 pm

Oh Bo, better use some stronger SPF formula, that sun is getting to you!! Achiever has not left a bad impression, I just sometimes can't believe people compare high school hockey to Major Junior. It will be very clear in the next 3 years that Keegan has made the best move.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:58 pm

imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:Oh Bo, better use some stronger SPF formula, that sun is getting to you!! Achiever has not left a bad impression, I just sometimes can't believe people compare high school hockey to Major Junior. It will be very clear in the next 3 years that Keegan has made the best move.
Insult in the place of not having a good counter?

Why pull your kid mid season? I thought all day Hockey and the "schooling" was your kids ticket to success?

imlisteningtothefnsong

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:44 pm

Some kids will have success in spite of everything and because of nothing!!

oldschoolpuckster

Post by oldschoolpuckster » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:02 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:
imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:Oh Bo, better use some stronger SPF formula, that sun is getting to you!! Achiever has not left a bad impression, I just sometimes can't believe people compare high school hockey to Major Junior. It will be very clear in the next 3 years that Keegan has made the best move.
Insult in the place of not having a good counter?

Why pull your kid mid season? I thought all day Hockey and the "schooling" was your kids ticket to success?
Seems like he needs to change the flavor of the "kool-aid" every couple of months...

imlisteningtothefnsong

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:24 am

Gosh oldschool, what was I thinking..... An opportunity to play on one of the nations top U16 teams or just stay home because oldschool the "hockey savant" may not like my choice....... :roll:
This thread is not about my kids or Achiever. It was a discussion about how people want to compare MN high school, in this case single A with the WHL. There is no comparison. Most 16yr olds are not able to step right in and play 30 minutes for one of the top teams in the Western League. The coaches know this and the players know that as well. There is a financial benefit to the club if they can develop the player into a first or second round draft pick by the NHL. So the coach only plays the 16yr old when he knows the player will have success thus gaining confidence. By the third year (yes, if ALL the planets align) the now 19 year old is playing his 20-25 minutes per game in a 72 game season. The team is also paying for any college classes the player is attending during the season. As it has been already beaten to death before, the WHL is not for everyone, and not everyone is right for the WHL. but it is also not the end of the hallowed MN high school league if a few boys have what it takes to play with the men in that league.

oldschoolpuckster

Post by oldschoolpuckster » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:41 pm

I'm sure not trying to make this about your kid or Achiever. I am simply pointing out the fact that you 'blew up" another thread talking about how Achiever "saved" your kid in the classroom and it was the greatest thing for him...now he left for U-16 (not as good as MN HS!!) and you are preaching that U-16 is now the greatest...WHAT??
I guess that is why I'm critical (cynical) about your opinions. Isn't this the third team for your kid this year? Call it Kool-aid, greener grass, dream chasing or denial. Your opinion carries very little weight around here.
As for the WHL...I'm a HUGE fan of it!! Great league full of great players and great opportunity. Just do your own research and make your own decisions on what is best for you and your family.

imlisteningtothefnsong

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:11 pm

"your opinion carries very little weight around here"

Well lucky for me only the mediocre are always at their best!! I am very average, often wrong but never in doubt!!

Best Wishes Iverson & Poganski, who this thread was for!!

imlisteningtothefnsong

Poganski Iverson

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:01 pm

Nice work Keegan Iverson notching your 20th goal helping the Winterhawks in the franchise record 20 game winning streak!!

The Winterhawks lead the league with 299 goals this season, nearly 40 more than the next closest team. It’s been a balanced attack with seven players having at least 20 goals this season: Oliver Bjorkstrand (43), Nic Petan (34), Brendan Leipsic (34), Chase De Leo (34), Taylor Leier (32), Paul Bittner (20) and KEEGAN IVERSON 20 GOALS. Unless the team is shut out in the nine remaining games, the Hawks will hit the 300-goal mark for the fourth straight season. It would be the first time since 1989-90 with that many consecutive 300-goal seasons, which was the last of 14 straight seasons hitting the mark.

MrBoDangles

Re: Poganski Iverson

Post by MrBoDangles » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:31 pm

imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:Nice work Keegan Iverson notching your 20th goal helping the Winterhawks in the franchise record 20 game winning streak!!

The Winterhawks lead the league with 299 goals this season, nearly 40 more than the next closest team. It’s been a balanced attack with seven players having at least 20 goals this season: Oliver Bjorkstrand (43), Nic Petan (34), Brendan Leipsic (34), Chase De Leo (34), Taylor Leier (32), Paul Bittner (20) and KEEGAN IVERSON 20 GOALS. Unless the team is shut out in the nine remaining games, the Hawks will hit the 300-goal mark for the fourth straight season. It would be the first time since 1989-90 with that many consecutive 300-goal seasons, which was the last of 14 straight seasons hitting the mark.
Just curious about your motives..?

imlisteningtothefnsong

Pognaski/Iverson

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:52 pm

Did not know motives were necessary to post junior hockey info on a junior hockey forum. Though maybe the Winterhawks are not turning a scorer into a checker. No hidden agenda BoBo just passing info on.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:25 pm

No motives, yet you're acting like the WHL press secretary with all your posts, FN'?

imlisteningtothefnsong

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:00 pm

Oh, I see what you mean Bo. That last paragraph was a plagerized bit from a Winterhawk publication. It does read a bit hoo-rah. My point was that Iverson is doing more than just checking out in PDX. 20 g's as a man child in that league is very impressive. If he stays healthy he will be fun to watch!!

oldschoolpuckster

Post by oldschoolpuckster » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:55 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:No motives, yet you're acting like the WHL press secretary with all your posts, FN'?
Today's kool-aid Mr. Bo. I heard one of his kids was invited to a camp in Portland last year so now Portland serves the flavor of the month. Search his history (if you don't puke) and you will see this same type of "hype" everywhere his kids play.

Must be global warming because there seems to be green grass everywhere...............

imlisteningtothefnsong

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:22 am

Yes old school. You are correct once again...... The WHL is nothing more than kool-aid. Remember my opinion carries very little weight around here!! Why would it with experts like you telling Iverson to stay at Breck!! Again, this thread is NOT about my boys!! It's about Keegan Iverson scoring 20g's after being turned into a checker!! I hope my kids get turned into checkers just like that!!