Achiever Ruled Inelgible, SPA going to state

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BP

Achiever Ruled Inelgible, SPA going to state

Post by BP »

Game is cancelled tonight.
MN_Bowhunter

Post by MN_Bowhunter »

Link to the info?
TXinMyRearView

Post by TXinMyRearView »

sad
MN_Bowhunter

Post by MN_Bowhunter »

TXinMyRearView wrote:sad
For the girls and families that followed the rules AND knew nothing about the cheating, it is sad. I highly doubt that there are many innocent victims in this case, however.
TXinMyRearView

Post by TXinMyRearView »

Tell us how you know that Bow?
ZachHalverson

Post by ZachHalverson »

This is most likely false. SPU tweeted about the game less than an hour ago (https://twitter.com/UnitedHockey/status ... 7854486528) so until he provides a link with some proof, this is a false report that shouldn't be taken seriously.
BP

Post by BP »

ZachHalverson wrote:This is most likely false. SPU tweeted about the game less than an hour ago (https://twitter.com/UnitedHockey/status ... 7854486528) so until he provides a link with some proof, this is a false report that shouldn't be taken seriously.

It's true.
Jabobby

Post by Jabobby »

MN_Bowhunter wrote:
TXinMyRearView wrote:sad
For the girls and families that followed the rules AND knew nothing about the cheating, it is sad. I highly doubt that there are many innocent victims in this case, however.
I agree, I don't think the kids are always up on the nuances of eligibility rules, but parents, and most certainly the AA administration should have been. Too bad it got this far before something was done, a lot of other kids and programs have been hurt by this deceit.
ZachHalverson

Post by ZachHalverson »

BP wrote:
ZachHalverson wrote:This is most likely false. SPU tweeted about the game less than an hour ago (https://twitter.com/UnitedHockey/status ... 7854486528) so until he provides a link with some proof, this is a false report that shouldn't be taken seriously.

It's true.
Where did you get this info?
imlisteningtothefnsong

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong »

BP has it right. Just spoke to a player....
BP

Post by BP »

imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:BP has it right. Just spoke to a player....
Thank you sir.
imlisteningtothefnsong

Post by imlisteningtothefnsong »

We have had our battles my friend! But you can't argue the facts!!
u12dad

Post by u12dad »

I am a parent of a United Player. If true, which present indications are, the right thing for the MSHSL to do would be to schedule Henry Sibley to play Mahtomedi, possibly tonight/tomorrow and have the championship game on Saturday. I believe that I speak for all parents that we do not want a free pass to the State Tournament. It appears that the MSHSL has taken the first step, please make it right for all rule abiding teams in section 4A!
drop the puck

Post by drop the puck »

While admirable U12dad. Practice ice times have been canceled or turned back. In some cases Jerseys may have already been turned in.
BP

Post by BP »

imlisteningtothefnsong wrote:We have had our battles my friend! But you can't argue the facts!!

:D All in fun!
BP

Post by BP »

Barreiro is talking about it on KFAN right now.....
powerplayer

Post by powerplayer »

u12dad wrote:I am a parent of a United Player. If true, which present indications are, the right thing for the MSHSL to do would be to schedule Henry Sibley to play Mahtomedi, possibly tonight/tomorrow and have the championship game on Saturday. I believe that I speak for all parents that we do not want a free pass to the State Tournament. It appears that the MSHSL has taken the first step, please make it right for all rule abiding teams in section 4A!
Super classy u12dad. I hope this is how they do it. It is sad to think that the other teams in your section should be punished for the wrong doings of AA. Good luck!
C-dad

Post by C-dad »

drop the puck wrote:While admirable U12dad. Practice ice times have been canceled or turned back. In some cases Jerseys may have already been turned in.
I bet the jerseys weren't burned and schedules can always be adjusted again. I've had my youth teams lose hours to the high school teams before at this time of year. Seems like a minor inconvenience.
powerplayer

Post by powerplayer »

C-dad wrote:
drop the puck wrote:While admirable U12dad. Practice ice times have been canceled or turned back. In some cases Jerseys may have already been turned in.
I bet the jerseys weren't burned and schedules can always be adjusted again. I've had my youth teams lose hours to the high school teams before at this time of year. Seems like a minor inconvenience.
I agree with C-dad. Changes can always be made in these kind of circumstances.
Marty

Post by Marty »

Some one help David out. He cannot confirm as of 3PM.

https://twitter.com/StribPrepsDavid
Marty

Post by Marty »

Statement from the MSHSL...

At the request of the MSHSL, Achiever Academy has conducted a review of athletic eligibility determinations of students identified by the MSHSL for violating the Transfer Eligibility rules of the League. The new ownership of Achiever Academy has met with students and supported them and their families, and has simultaneously worked with the MSHSL to resolve their concerns. To that end, Achiever Academy has decided to withdraw its girls’ hockey team from further participation in the 2013-2014 hockey season. The MSHSL appreciates the cooperative steps Achiever Academy has made and looks forward to future participation together as a member of the MSHSL.
Marty

Post by Marty »

DubCHAGuy

Post by DubCHAGuy »

powerplayer wrote:
u12dad wrote:I am a parent of a United Player. If true, which present indications are, the right thing for the MSHSL to do would be to schedule Henry Sibley to play Mahtomedi, possibly tonight/tomorrow and have the championship game on Saturday. I believe that I speak for all parents that we do not want a free pass to the State Tournament. It appears that the MSHSL has taken the first step, please make it right for all rule abiding teams in section 4A!
Super classy u12dad. I hope this is how they do it. It is sad to think that the other teams in your section should be punished for the wrong doings of AA. Good luck!
The problem with that is what if Mahto wins? Does SSP then get to play Mahto since they wouldn't have had to play SPU in the Semi's? Does Chisago Lakes get back in as a 3 seed since they would have played SP Blades, then the Sibley/SPU winner, thus avoiding a first round upset by Mahto? How far do you take it?

What a huge black eye for girls hockey and the MSHSL.
speedskater

Post by speedskater »

This was the only solution. To many rule violations and it was obvious to everyone. This should have been handled when the roster was turned in though.
JohnnyBuck

Post by JohnnyBuck »

Well that just blew up my class A bracket board! In all fairness, can I have a "redo"?