Bantam "A" south regional predictions

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

HHHockey982

Bantam "A" south regional predictions

Post by HHHockey982 »

This time of year again. D3 is very good this year, but I'll take Delano, mound westonka and MPLS to regionals. I feel a d3 team will advance from the south. Give us your predictions and thoughts.
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

LPH has 7 D3 teams in the top 20.
The only top 20 team from D4&D5 is #17.
I'd say D3 will advance 2 teams from regions.
Goaliedad1

Post by Goaliedad1 »

Orono and Wayzata move on from D3 to Regions. Mound/Westonka and Delano are fighting for the third spot to Regions at Bantam A. I agree D3 will advance the two teams from South Regions to the Bantam A state tournament.
scoreandscoreoften

Post by scoreandscoreoften »

Goaliedad1 wrote:Orono and Wayzata move on from D3 to Regions. Mound/Westonka and Delano are fighting for the third spot to Regions at Bantam A. I agree D3 will advance the two teams from South Regions to the Bantam A state tournament.
I believe there are two more teams fighting for that spot too. Minneapolis and OMG.
bestgameever

Post by bestgameever »

scoreandscoreoften wrote:
Goaliedad1 wrote:Orono and Wayzata move on from D3 to Regions. Mound/Westonka and Delano are fighting for the third spot to Regions at Bantam A. I agree D3 will advance the two teams from South Regions to the Bantam A state tournament.
I believe there are two more teams fighting for that spot too. Minneapolis and OMG.
I thought this was pretty cool... of the 8 D3 playoff games played at Bantam A level so far, 5 have gone to OT. Of those 5 OT games... 3 have been tripple OT, 1 double OT, and 1 single OT. That defines parity doesn't it? The #4 seed (Wayzata) and #6 seed (Orono) have locked a regional spot. The #1 seed (Delano), #2 (MoundWestTonka), #3 (Minneapolis), and #5 seed (OMG) are fighting for the third spot. As it turns out, D3 has 6 solid teams and on any given night one can beat the others. Its been a fun tournament to watch so far and more to come.
Goaliedad1

Post by Goaliedad1 »

District 3: Bantam A
Wayzata #1 seed
Orono #2 seed
Crow River/Delano #3 seed
bestgameever

Post by bestgameever »

What was the score of the Delano v Orono game?
Goaliedad1

Post by Goaliedad1 »

Orono beat Delano 3-0