Miss Hockey 2015 Predictions

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Maverick2000

Post by Maverick2000 »

The minnesota state high school league official playoff roster from this season lists her as a junior. She committed to North Carolina for tennis and is a 1998 birth.
4Ralph

Post by 4Ralph »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
36Guy wrote:I've known this kid since she was 8, she is a sophomore and a 98 birth year. However, I will check with her parents, she does online school because she commutes between here and Florida for tennis during the school year. She may be trying to graduate early so she can go play tennis.
I was following her tennis progress in the paper, first when she played for their girls team and then boys. Then last year she seemed to disappear from the local tennis scene - this explains it. Thanks.

P.S. What a talented athlete this young lady is!
I don't think she ever played boys tennis. You might be thinking if Ingred Neel. She will be a senior next year.
36Guy

Post by 36Guy »

Maverick2000 wrote:The minnesota state high school league official playoff roster from this season lists her as a junior. She committed to North Carolina for tennis and is a 1998 birth.
Correct...she is a sophomore by birth year and has excellerated her academics to graduate early. Not only States best Tennis player but off the charts student. I know she has participated in National Math competitions as well.
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

Wonder if there has ever been a Ms. Hockey winner from MN who played tennis instead of hockey in college. That's incredible good for her.
36Guy

Post by 36Guy »

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:Wonder if there has ever been a Ms. Hockey winner from MN who played tennis instead of hockey in college. That's incredible good for her.
http://www.sikids.com/contests/skoty/2010/winner
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

Thank you four years ago. You quoted me without answering the question.
I remember watching her in Stillwater with Reebok the same time she was up for that award and we all voted for her. She was playing with two age groups that weekend.
OnTheBench

Post by OnTheBench »

powerplayer wrote:Anyone from the North :?:
One name that comes to mind that might make the top 10 is Emily Bergland from TRF. Also from Thief, Frannie Marshall will probably be on the senior goalie list.
36Guy

Post by 36Guy »

OnTheBench wrote:
powerplayer wrote:Anyone from the North :?:
One name that comes to mind that might make the top 10 is Emily Bergland from TRF. Also from Thief, Frannie Marshall will probably be on the senior goalie list.
I would agree, she has kind of flown under the radar for a while, pretty complete player. Unfortunately I think she will have to score a bunch to make the list like a Schammel. Goals are hard to come by down here. In conference play this year:

Miss Hockey had 4 goals
Possible Miss Hockey next year T.W. had 9 goals and Nina Rogers had 4 goals. My point being, fair or not, voters will have a tough time elevating a player from outstate who has similar stats to some of the players in the tougher conferences.

It can be done, Karly Sylvester is a recent reminder.....really good!