Steele County Hires New Coach

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

SouthernMinnFan

Steele County Hires New Coach

Post by SouthernMinnFan » Mon May 12, 2014 9:38 am

NewsCoach Adamek Accepts Head Coaching Position in MnJHLDate: May 10, 2014 RSS
If you head 9 hours East of Gillette, you will end up in Southern Minnesota, and there you will find the Steele County Blades, a team that is a part of the Tier III Minnesota Junior Hockey League. It is our pleasure, but with heavy hearts, to announce that Assistant Coach Nick Adamek will be taking the head coaching position for the upcoming season with that team.

"On behalf of my family, I would like to say my time in Gillette has been nothing short of amazing. I consider myself fortunate to have learned so much from a program with a short history but with a tremendous future with wonderful traditions. My experience here has allowed me the opportunity I have been given with the Steele County Blades. I am incredibly appreciative of Managing Partners Dwayne Dillinger and Jim Lundquist and the entire ownership group. I also have the upmost appreciation for Tom Winkler, the staff, alumni and the players of the Gillette Wild."

Head coach Tom Winkler continued by saying, "This is a great opportunity that Coach Adamek has earned. It is bitter sweet in the fact that we are sorry to see him leave the Wild but also extremely excited for him to begin the next chapter of his coaching career. We thank him for his time here and wish him only the best moving forward."

Coach Adamek had many good things to say about the community of Gillette, and although he is moving on, he finished by saying, "Wild hockey will be with me forever.”

Good luck on the next steps of your journey, Coach!

SouthernMinnFan

Post by SouthernMinnFan » Mon May 12, 2014 9:41 am

I was happy to see the Blades hire a coach that, from everything that I have heard, is a good coach who cares about his players. Owatonna can be a great Tier 3 town and if Adamek can turn them into a winner, I could see the fan base growing and people really getting excited about the program. Good luck to him and the Blades next year.