Girls Elite League

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Coachk

Post by Coachk »

Where did BE play to get ranked in Tier 1. They were not at 2 of the biggest tournaments this season so far (NAHA and Stoney Creek). What tier 1 league are they playing in and if they are playing in a league, they should be listed in the standings of that league.
mnhockeyguy2014

Post by mnhockeyguy2014 »

Coachk wrote:Where did BE play to get ranked in Tier 1. They were not at 2 of the biggest tournaments this season so far (NAHA and Stoney Creek). What tier 1 league are they playing in and if they are playing in a league, they should be listed in the standings of that league.
It's on MyHockey Rankings. Just listing their schedule so far. Games against Elite league and team Wisconsin.
Coachk

Post by Coachk »

OK I understand now. Its not against tier 1 teams that they are ranked.
mnhockeyguy2014

Coachk wrote:OK I understand now. Its not against tier 1 teams that they are ranked.
Actually it is a National Tier 1 19u Ranking of all current and recent teams that have competed at 19U Tier 1 level with 5 or more games recorded. As you will find the MN kids based teams from White Caps and Ice Cats are currently top 10 teams as well from some successful summer tourneys. Of course those are seasonal teams but getting credit just the same which is awesome. They do recognize MN elite games vs SSM and BE or any Tier 1 in the rankings for obvious reasons.
Coachk

Post by Coachk »

That is good, but watching the Allstar MN teams for spring and summer play well, but not dominate typical Tier 1 teams. I think BE will struggle vs some of the more established teams. especially after a 50 games schedule.
Note: there are Minnesota kids playing on other teams other then the blades, whitecaps etc..
CoyoteWheels

Post by CoyoteWheels »

Coachk wrote:That is good, but watching the Allstar MN teams for spring and summer play well, but not dominate typical Tier 1 teams. I think BE will struggle vs some of the more established teams. especially after a 50 games schedule.
Note: there are Minnesota kids playing on other teams other then the blades, whitecaps etc..
CoachK,

Here is some Info for you. 15 of the revolution girls did play out at NAHA. They were on different teams at different age levels. Look for them to go as revolution teams next year when there is more time to plan.

Also the foundation of the school is the training more so than the games. I would venture to say no one will train more than the revolution girls. I'm not saying they will win a national championship but I will say they will get markedly better as a team and as individual players as the season progresses. just like they did last year. That is what the school is about.

Can't we all just love one another:)
mnhockeyguy2014

Yes Chicago and Wisconsin teams for sure have some MN girls among others I would imagine. I gave shout out to the ones I did because all MN girls other than a few on WCs from out of state and are currently in top 10 nationally in the ranking.
Coachk

Post by Coachk »

Love is a good thing. I am very familiar with the program, coach, and several of the players and parents. After coaching for 17 years, my goal was to always have the players get better, as I am sure that is CPs goal as well. I wish them all the best, as I am a strong supporter of Tier 1 and have been involved for the past 2 seasons. Just saying, there are some incredibly strong teams, in JWHL and other some of the other leagues. After last year with the Thoroughbreds, I wish any MN tier 1 team the best. It is just that the ranking etc, is a bit early to draw any conclusions.
mnhockeyguy2014

I see a few scores reported from today on elite website. White edged red 3-2 and Royal lost to Grey and SSM U16 both by 4 goals. Does anyone know how Black and SSM U19 game went tonight? Guessing that was great game.
u12dad

Post by u12dad »

mnhockeyguy2014 wrote:I see a few scores reported from today on elite website. White edged red 3-2 and Royal lost to Grey and SSM U16 both by 4 goals. Does anyone know how Black and SSM U19 game went tonight? Guessing that was great game.
SSM 6, Black 1, Melissa Samoskevich stole the show with 4 or 5 goals.
mnhockeyguy2014

u12dad wrote:
mnhockeyguy2014 wrote:I see a few scores reported from today on elite website. White edged red 3-2 and Royal lost to Grey and SSM U16 both by 4 goals. Does anyone know how Black and SSM U19 game went tonight? Guessing that was great game.
SSM 6, Black 1, Melissa Samoskevich stole the show with 4 or 5 goals.
Sounds like majority of those goals were from Woken assists. Those 2 (11 & 19) are amazing! They will be fun to watch in NIT this weekend.