Girls High School Tier 1 19U & 16U Rankings

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

mnhockeyguy2014

Girls High School Tier 1 19U & 16U Rankings

Post by mnhockeyguy2014 »

USA Girls 19U Tier 1 Rankings
http://myhockeyrankings.com/rank.php?y=2014&a=d&v=2001

USA Girls 16U Tier 1 Rankings
http://myhockeyrankings.com/rank.php?y=2014&a=d&v=2002

Rankings are updated midday Wednesdays
Last edited by mnhockeyguy2014 on Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CoyoteWheels

Re: Girls High School Tier 1 19U Rankings

Post by CoyoteWheels »

Mnhockeyguy2014,

Great post it's nice to see some actual and factual information on the forum.
You are obviuosly a great American and I thank you for your commitment to nothing but the truth and the whole truth.

Can't we all just love one another:)
Tenoverpar

f

Post by Tenoverpar »

Karl..please move to AAA post...as Bauer Emerson is a AAA program and not a MSHSL product. Thanks, Management
nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey »

HM, BSM, CDH, SSM, B-E, WBL, STLWR, EDINA, EP, etc.... all play high school hockey
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

nu2hockey wrote:HM, BSM, CDH, SSM, B-E, WBL, STLWR, EDINA, EP, etc.... all play high school hockey
Don't let SSM and BE hear you say that. :wink:
mnhockeyguy2014

If it's a High School in MN it's MN High School Hockey. It appears the MN Elite League agrees with me. BE and SSM have players from out of state but so does our recent MSHSL AA State Champion HM among others.

If you don't like the thread Tenover don't read it. It sure appears there is plenty of interest in it though by the number of hits.
Froggy Richards

Post by Froggy Richards »

mnhockeyguy2014 wrote:If it's a High School in MN it's MN High School Hockey. It appears the MN Elite League agrees with me. BE and SSM have players from out of state but so does our recent MSHSL AA State Champion HM among others.

If you don't like the thread Tenover don't read it. It sure appears there is plenty of interest in it though by the number of hits.
Then why did they moderators create a AAA board? Seems pretty pointless if the AAA teams are discussed on the High School thread.
nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey »

It's high school hockey and a legit thread..
If it bothers you so much......

Don't open and read the thread
Froggy Richards

Post by Froggy Richards »

nu2hockey wrote:It's high school hockey and a legit thread..
If it bothers you so much......

Don't open and read the thread
High School Hockey? Which High Schools do these teams on the rankings represent?

Didn't say it bothered me and didn't say it wasn't a legit thread. Not sure how you got that. Just asked a question. Is it not logical that a AAA discussion would be in the AAA section? You AAA folks sure are testy.....
nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey »

SSM and B-E are Mn high school hockey teams playing against different teams than MSHSL

Being Mn High schools, I am curious how well
the teams are doing against their competition

Glancing at the thread headers in this forum, this thread appears very legit
observer

Post by observer »

You're nu2hockey.
U10Father

Post by U10Father »

It's a legit thread, but it's legit in the AAA forum. Many of us would love to not have to read these things in this forum.
mnhockeyguy2014

U10Father wrote:It's a legit thread, but it's legit in the AAA forum. Many of us would love to not have to read these things in this forum.
Sounds like a small number or complainers so far. Where was the complaining on....

Amanda Kessel
Thoroughbreds
Beantown Classic

and most recently NTMH's Hilary Knight thread?????

Many, many threads on this forum are not MN High School Hockey related at all but this one is.

I welcome any of the haters to offer up a topic for a thread to discuss on something they find relevant to their interests.

Some may despise the MN High School Tier 1 programs in our State of Hockey if they choose but they are here to stay! I'm sure that makes some feel uncomfortable and that's OK. Now relax and don't view this thread if it upsets you and ruins your day.

I personally like to follow the MN born HS Hockey Tier 1 girls and I think others do as well on this forum.

I think those that want to continue to complain or report a problem with this thread know the proper methods to do so (it's a STICKEY) other than doing it here.

As I said before.. Don't view or post on threads of no interest to you!
RailingWizardofOZ

Post by RailingWizardofOZ »

mnhockeyguy2014 wrote:If it's a High School in MN it's MN High School Hockey. It appears the MN Elite League agrees with me. BE and SSM have players from out of state but so does our recent MSHSL AA State Champion HM among others.

Although I have no real personal interest in the initial topic, I don’t take issue if this is on this page as I can decide which post I want to open or not, and it is still a hockey subject. Also, the rights to hockey topics without real depth, information or interest aren’t just exclusive to those of actual MN “High School” Hockey programs.

I do, however, believe you are playing semantics with your arguments. SSM is by definition a “boarding school” not a MN “high school” in the traditional sense you are comparing. Yes, there are HS aged players attending there and the school is in MN AND they have a hockey team, but that is as far as it falls into that category. HM having players that enroll from Wisconsin and travel to Maplewood every day for school AND participating in sports per MNSHL rules, is not the same string you are attempting to tie a nice bow around your position with. MN Elite is structured differently, so I’m not sure I understand your comparison or that they fully “obviously agree with you” (whatever that means).

The amount of views to a certain subject does not bring the validity, the information and facts do. The number of views is no different than why there is always a traffic jam on the freeway on the opposite side of an accident. Not trying to be disrespectful, just wanted to make sure the term “MN HS” program is used in the right context. :D
CoyoteWheels

Time are a changing city slickers!

Post by CoyoteWheels »

I think I like being able to come to this string to see what all high school age girls are doing to compete at the sport of hockey
For Example:
High School Hockey
Elite League (Not High School Hockey)
Reebok High Performance (Not High School Hockey)
Summer Prospects (Not High School Hockey)
National Camp (Not High School Hockey)
Tier 1 (Not High School Hockey)
Tier 1 Tournaments like NAHA, Stoney Creek and many others. (Not High School Hockey)

Like it or not the landscape of hockey is changing and unless you want the high school forum to go the way of the dinosaur I would suggest opening your minds to all forms of high school age hockey. And just so you are aware there are girls that board or billet with a host family in high school hockey (public and private) (loophole). In ninth grade it is legit to board and then in tenth grade you can live where ever you want and still play at the school you billeted at in 9th grade (happens every year).

Can’t we all just love one another? :D
mnhockeyguy2014

RailingWizardofOZ wrote:

Although I have no real personal interest in the initial topic, I don’t take issue if this is on this page as I can decide which post I want to open or not, and it is still a hockey subject. Also, the rights to hockey topics without real depth, information or interest aren’t just exclusive to those of actual MN “High School
You could have stopped here and kept it from being one of the longest posts on a thread you do not have interest in. Guess we won't be seeing you again then?

Btw.. (whatever that means) in reference to MN Elite agrees with me is that Elite league wants all the Elite players going to HS in MN and not just those in the MSHSL making it a bigger and better tournament for all. MN Elite recognizes the MN Tier 1 programs as MN High School Elite! Am I wrong there Wiz?
Last edited by mnhockeyguy2014 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RailingWizardofOZ

mnhockeyguy2014 wrote:
RailingWizardofOZ wrote:

Although I have no real personal interest in the initial topic, I don’t take issue if this is on this page as I can decide which post I want to open or not, and it is still a hockey subject. Also, the rights to hockey topics without real depth, information or interest aren’t just exclusive to those of actual MN “High School
You could have stopped here and kept it from being one of the longest posts on a thread you do not have interest in. Guess we won't be seeing you again then?

That all depends if you have any pertinent, valid and accurate information to add to the subject/post you created? Based on your replies to the posts within this subject it appears your content on being sarcastic and defensive towards anyone with opposing thoughts or views.
RailingWizardofOZ

Re: Time are a changing city slickers!

CoyoteWheels wrote:I think I like being able to come to this string to see what all high school age girls are doing to compete at the sport of hockey
For Example:
High School Hockey
Tier 1 Tournaments like NAHA, Stoney Creek and many others. (Not High School Hockey)

Like it or not the landscape of hockey is changing and unless you want the high school forum to go the way of the dinosaur I would suggest opening your minds to all forms of high school age hockey. And just so you are aware there are girls that board or billet with a host family in high school hockey (public and private) (loophole). In ninth grade it is legit to board and then in tenth grade you can live where ever you want and still play at the school you billeted at in 9th grade (happens every year).

I agree! Topics on all the programs the HS girls are involved with are interesting to read and hear new details and facts on.

Tier 1 hockey isn’t new and has been around for a while. The landscape is constantly changing and improving areas that more players can exceed within is a great thing. No matter what it is, some will always have concerns/issues with change…………..like those annoying roundabouts!!

I am curious if you can point out for me where in the MSHSL rules it notes that specific situation is allowed? My understanding of the rules is that situation would have to be approved by the league based on all the specific guidelines and factors currently outlined in the residency section. It’s not as simple as just picking a place to board or billet with a “host family” and then move where you want and still be able to meet guidelines and league requirements to attend school AND play varsity. I realize it happens, but it’s not legit.
mnhockeyguy2014

Just supportive of a thread I originated and a topic that is in general more appealing than many IMO. Nothing more. All are entitled to their view. You can call me defensive or sarcastic if you wish. I choose to think I have made valid points on this thread.
:lol:
CoyoteWheels

Post by CoyoteWheels »

RailingWizardofOZ wrote:
CoyoteWheels wrote:I think I like being able to come to this string to see what all high school age girls are doing to compete at the sport of hockey
For Example:
High School Hockey

I agree! Topics on all the programs the HS girls are involved with are interesting to read and hear new details and facts on.

Tier 1 hockey isn’t new and has been around for a while. The landscape is constantly changing and improving areas that more players can exceed within is a great thing. No matter what it is, some will always have concerns/issues with change…………..like those annoying roundabouts!!

I am curious if you can point out for me where in the MSHSL rules it notes that specific situation is allowed? My understanding of the rules is that situation would have to be approved by the league based on all the specific guidelines and factors currently outlined in the residency section. It’s not as simple as just picking a place to board or billet with a “host family” and then move where you want and still be able to meet guidelines and league requirements to attend school AND play varsity. I realize it happens, but it’s not legit.[/quote

Simple read the bylaws. Also check with SPU as they had a player last year that did just that and once you are established at a school you can continue to go there and play there regardless of your residence. It is legal and legit according to the HS league.

CoyoteWheels

Post by CoyoteWheels »

Any ninth grader can billet in thier freshman year and establish themselves at that school without their parents relocating! Then they can live anywhere they want after that and still attend the school until they graduate.

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

CoyoteWheels wrote:Can't we all just love one another:)
OMG you are too new here to know better...;)
CoyoteWheels

Post by CoyoteWheels »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
CoyoteWheels wrote:Can't we all just love one another:)
OMG you are too new here to know better...;)
OMG I'm feeling the love. Look both ways before crossing the highway. Words to live by!

Can't we all just love one another;)
RailingWizardofOZ

CoyoteWheels wrote:
RailingWizardofOZ wrote:
For Example:
High School Hockey

t’s not legit.[/quote

Simple read the bylaws. Also check with SPU as they had a player last year that did just that and once you are established at a school you can continue to go there and play there regardless of your residence. It is legal and legit according to the HS league.

The rules can be hazy and this is another good example as 2 different people can read the rule and walk away with different interpretations. I guess this is a good example why AD’s need to certify all rosters prior to season. Hopefully others will share their interpretations of this rule (Bylaw 111.0) Yes, I know we are in a different thread, but it came up. Maybe if we discus enough again as in the past, we can move the thread.

My interpretation of the rule is that a student may only declare a residence at any point/year (away from parents) within the school boundary if they meet the guidelines of an “Emancipated Student”, change in guardianship (pursuant to a child protection order, placement in foster home or a juvenile court disposition order), adoption, abandonment, or death of parent, or notarized statement from the parents or guardians that they provide none of the child’s support. Otherwise “residence” as defined by bylaws is the residence where both parents reside unless court orders show custody.

A student/athlete can “open enroll” as a 9th grader, then move after, but still need to reside with parents/guardians. I don’t read it as a student can live with another family within the school boundary and attend school without clearing the outlined steps. Not trying to argue with you!!

Opposing interpretations?
nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey »

For 7,8, and 9th graders, if they are open enrolled into a public school they are fully eligible to immediately participate . Residency is not an issue . They keep residency in Duluth (for example) , attend a public school in the cities , either fly in every morning in their jet or sleepover at a house in the metro somewhere.

Same with a private school , except open enrollment not necessary.

The point being , the residency rules don't apply