Congrats - "Age Up" Day

Discussion of Minnesota Girls Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

jg2112

Post by jg2112 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:39 am

InigoMontoya wrote:They must be pretty good if they lost to the Colorado/St Louis/Os team on a last minute shot. A lot of big talk about the talent on that C/SL/Os team after that tourney. Cougars finished 5th in that tourney, but they're one of the 6 best teams this summer?
I think we ought to throw the Miracle Gold into this conversation. Their top U12 team won at least 5 tournaments this past spring, including one or two at the U14 level.

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:21 am

jg2112 wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:They must be pretty good if they lost to the Colorado/St Louis/Os team on a last minute shot. A lot of big talk about the talent on that C/SL/Os team after that tourney. Cougars finished 5th in that tourney, but they're one of the 6 best teams this summer?
I think we ought to throw the Miracle Gold into this conversation. Their top U12 team won at least 5 tournaments this past spring, including one or two at the U14 level.
Good point, I haven't seen the MG team as I have been watching 14 I believe that they also make up a majority of the 03 MN selects along with some os o3 kids and some machine 03 kids. STE is really good. In the meltdown championship they ran into hot goaltending and a few bad breaks from officiating. The Ice Cougars head coach gets in the way he shortens the bench way to early and his teams run out of gas in the 3rd period.If they do get to the c-ship they have nothing left in the tank. Doll and Mobiey never leave the ice. My daughter started with them way back in 10's under the old regime and had a blast. Stayed with them for 1 year after ZS took over and we couldn't get out fast enough. Too expensive for the return on investment. I think he runs the best goalie training in the area but there was no goalie training for the team. That team has lost some of the best talent in the area over the years to OS, Machine, wouldn't be surprised to see Doll with 01/02 Os next year.

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:31 am

jg2112 wrote:
They played more than 5 tourneys this spring?
What happened to the 01 team? Good 12U team last year.

jg2112

Post by jg2112 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:41 am

InigoMontoya wrote:
jg2112 wrote:
They played more than 5 tourneys this spring?
What happened to the 01 team? Good 12U team last year.
I believe everything above U12 for MG has folded into the MN Monarchs AAA program, also run at the Super Rink. Many of the names on the Monarchs teams are old MG players.

The core U12 Miracle Gold group played at:

Battle by the Bay
MN Meltdown
Mountain Dew Clash (at U14)
Whitecaps Clash
Independent (at U14)

That same core group of 5-6 players then played another 5-6 tournaments with the MN 03s and won most if not all of them, a couple (including Chicago) at U14.

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:22 pm

Which Os team was at the Mountain Dew?
Was it a tie between Os and MG?

titleist

Post by titleist » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:58 pm

InigoMontoya wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:
Hansonbrother wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:01/ 02 OS 3 from st. paul 3 Stillwater 2 edina 1 minnetonka 3 forest lake 3 from eagan 1 Mahtomedi
Hey Zamboni, you seem to know the Os program fairly well, who are the top 01's on your list?
Mcmahon maple grove ,Delarosa WBL, Zieglar St.Paul
Parent FL Hartung, Burnsville, Marshuga Anoka, Meyers Revolution, Benick,MCclean Roseville, Delasindias Edina, Shearan WBL
Sorry about the spelling
Didn't one of those 01s play on SSM's national championship team?
Currie Putrah played for SSM this year...(not on this list, but easily could be)

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:25 am

InigoMontoya wrote:Which Os team was at the Mountain Dew?
01/02 OS dominated at 14

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:40 am

zambonidriver wrote:
01/02 OS dominated at 14
That must not have been one of the at least 5 tournaments MG won this spring.

There were a number of 14U teams in Blaine that the Os didn't get an opportunity to dominate. Too bad Northland doesn't post the scores.

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:03 am

InigoMontoya wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:
01/02 OS dominated at 14
That must not have been one of the at least 5 tournaments MG won this spring.

There were a number of 14U teams in Blaine that the Os didn't get an opportunity to dominate. Too bad Northland doesn't post the scores.
I guess. All I know is that in the games they played the scores were not close. Same with the clash.

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:27 am

Should be fun 14U in Blaine on Thursday.
02 Machine v Ice Cougars
STE v MAP (hopefully the MG move-ups)

In 12s, MG won't see Edge until bracket play.