U15

Discussion of Minnesota Girls Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:37 am

Mavs wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:
massalsa wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:8th graders against 8th grader that way there are no excuses
Whichever team wins the Os grudge match of the century can play a rag tag team of 8th graders that may have been lost in the all the drama. I am guessing that one could put a pretty good line or two together with a bunch of 8th graders that play for neither of those 2 powerhouse squads.

They could just build around a nucleus of kids starting with Olivia Mobley (Hopkins Varsity) and Jenna Hoops (St Paul United Varsity) at Forward and Sophia Doll (Edina U15A) at Defense.

I am sure that there are more kids out there that would like to get in on the fun. If there is trouble getting enough kids the team could pick up a couple of the 8th graders from that 01 Os Selects team that could contribute.
Doll and hoops are playing with the 01-02 selects this year. will be interested to see where Mobley and Rock play this year Really good players.
Expanding the roster or are kids leaving?
We were actually short a D and a forward last year.

Mavs

Post by Mavs » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:59 am

zambonidriver wrote:
Mavs wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:
massalsa wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:8th graders against 8th grader that way there are no excuses
Whichever team wins the Os grudge match of the century can play a rag tag team of 8th graders that may have been lost in the all the drama. I am guessing that one could put a pretty good line or two together with a bunch of 8th graders that play for neither of those 2 powerhouse squads.

They could just build around a nucleus of kids starting with Olivia Mobley (Hopkins Varsity) and Jenna Hoops (St Paul United Varsity) at Forward and Sophia Doll (Edina U15A) at Defense.

I am sure that there are more kids out there that would like to get in on the fun. If there is trouble getting enough kids the team could pick up a couple of the 8th graders from that 01 Os Selects team that could contribute.
Doll and hoops are playing with the 01-02 selects this year. will be interested to see where Mobley and Rock play this year Really good players.
This list you posted is 20 kids?

Bothun 8th Bantam A
Doll 8th U15
Zieglar 8th U15
Nelson 8th Varsity
Ligday 8th JV Varsity
Shuster 8th JV Varsity
Helling 8th U15
Parent 8th Varsity
Marsh 8th JV Varsity
Weaver 8th JV Varsity
Einan 8th U15
Ryan 8th U15
Wethington 8th U 15
Barger 8th JV Varsity
Dornseif 8th Varsity
De Ceasre 8th U 15
Sabre 8th Bantams Made U15 A chose bantams
Hoops 9th Varsity
Belde 8th JV Varsity
Chorske is on both teams U 12

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:25 am

Mavs wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:
Mavs wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:
massalsa wrote:

This list you posted is 20 kids?

Bothun 8th Bantam A
Doll 8th U15
Zieglar 8th U15
Nelson 8th Varsity
Ligday 8th JV Varsity
Shuster 8th JV Varsity
Helling 8th U15
Parent 8th Varsity
Marsh 8th JV Varsity
Weaver 8th JV Varsity
Einan 8th U15
Ryan 8th U15
Wethington 8th U 15
Barger 8th JV Varsity
Dornseif 8th Varsity
De Ceasre 8th U 15
Sabre 8th Bantams Made U15 A chose bantams
Hoops 9th Varsity
Belde 8th JV Varsity
Chorske is on both teams U 12
If you notice Hoops and doll are on the list

massalsa

Post by massalsa » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:14 am

The winner of the grudge match can play a team of other 8th graders not on either of those two teams. We will need at least 3 lines of Forwards and 2 lines of D to compete against the never ending forecheck and back check of the 02 Machine'Os.

I am not 100% on all of the names (like when I said Doll & Hoops mistakenly) but here goes an attempt to at least get a decent core of the team:

Rud St Cloud Varsity
Mobley Hopkins Varsity
Mashuga Anoka U15A
Burton Blake Varsity
Deliandis Blake Varsity
Johnson Blake Varsity
Rock Holy Family Varsity

As I said earlier there will need to a minimum of 13 skaters + a goalie...any suggestions for the next 6 skaters and a goalie???

Mavs

Post by Mavs » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:15 am

Got it, four lines

Mavs

Post by Mavs » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:18 am

massalsa wrote:The winner of the grudge match can play a team of other 8th graders not on either of those two teams. We will need at least 3 lines of Forwards and 2 lines of D to compete against the never ending forecheck and back check of the 02 Machine'Os.

I am not 100% on all of the names (like when I said Doll & Hoops mistakenly) but here goes an attempt to at least get a decent core of the team:

Rud St Cloud Varsity
Mobley Hopkins Varsity
Mashuga Anoka U15A
Burton Blake Varsity
Deliandis Blake Varsity
Johnson Blake Varsity
Rock Holy Family Varsity

As I said earlier there will need to a minimum of 13 skaters + a goalie...any suggestions for the next 6 skaters and a goalie???
You could easily fill out a stud team by going to Brainerd, Roseau, Rochester, etc as well as Metro kids

massalsa

Post by massalsa » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:41 am

Mavs wrote:Got it, four lines
Lets start with 3 lines of F and 5 D. AND A GOALIE!!!

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:53 am

massalsa wrote:
Burton
Deliandis
Mashuga
Are on 01 selects
Name you can add are
Mcbain from Wayzata
Halverson from Edina
Steighauf from HM
Johnson Stillwater
Peterson STE Forest Lake
Best STE Forest Lake
Mills Forest Lake
Mastell Forest Lake
Walshek Forest Lake
Remmington Forest Lake
Robinson Brainerd
The Smith cousins Brainerd
Booth Brainerd
just to name a few
Last edited by zambonidriver on Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

HockeyDude20

Post by HockeyDude20 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:54 am

massalsa wrote:The winner of the grudge match can play a team of other 8th graders not on either of those two teams. We will need at least 3 lines of Forwards and 2 lines of D to compete against the never ending forecheck and back check of the 02 Machine'Os.

Rud St Cloud Varsity
Mobley Hopkins Varsity
Mashuga Anoka U15A
Burton Blake Varsity
Deliandis Blake Varsity
Johnson Blake Varsity
Rock Holy Family Varsity

Did the 01 Os team dissolve? A few of those names are from that team...

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:59 am

HockeyDude20 wrote:

Rud St Cloud Varsity
Mobley Hopkins Varsity
Mashuga Anoka U15A
Burton Blake Varsity
Deliandis Blake Varsity
Johnson Blake Varsity
Rock Holy Family Varsity

Did the 01 Os team dissolve? A few of those names are from that team...
No still together

Mavs

Post by Mavs » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:20 am

massalsa wrote:
I meant there are four lines on the 01/02 OS team with 18 skaters (said Chorske was going to elite and one name is a goalie)

NORTHWOODS HOCKEY

Post by NORTHWOODS HOCKEY » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:22 am

zambonidriver wrote:
massalsa wrote:
Burton
Deliandis
Mashuga
Are on 01 selects
Name you can add are
Mcbain from Wayzata
Halverson from Edina
Steighauf from HM
Johnson Stillwater
Peterson STE Forest Lake
Best STE Forest Lake
Mills Forest Lake
Mastell Forest Lake
Walshek Forest Lake
Remmington Forest Lake
Robinson Brainerd
Booth Brainerd
just to name a few
Nelson CI varsity
Abrahamson Princeton varsity
Tami Andover 15U
Nelson Andover 15U
Johnson ER varsity
Johnson Blake varsity

Plenty of really good players out there, that if put together, would compete with any AAA team out there at this age.
Last edited by NORTHWOODS HOCKEY on Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Snap Happy

Post by Snap Happy » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:55 am

jg2112 wrote:What I'm looking at is the fact that at two age groups (2002 and 2004) the Machine girls teams are now gone for the most part. Maybe it was unavoidable.
04 Orange team is still there and hasn't lost any key players from last years team. They have a lot of highly skilled girls and will be a nice team again this year.

NORTHWOODS HOCKEY

Post by NORTHWOODS HOCKEY » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:24 am

NORTHWOODS HOCKEY wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:
massalsa wrote:
Burton
Deliandis
Mashuga
Are on 01 selects
Name you can add are
Mcbain from Wayzata
Halverson from Edina
Steighauf from HM
Johnson Stillwater
Peterson STE Forest Lake
Best STE Forest Lake
Mills Forest Lake
Mastell Forest Lake
Walshek Forest Lake
Remmington Forest Lake
Robinson Brainerd
Booth Brainerd
just to name a few
Nelson CI varsity
Abrahamson Princeton varsity
Tami Andover 15U
Nelson Andover 15U
Johnson ER varsity
Johnson Blake varsity

Plenty of really good players out there, that if put together, would compete with any AAA team out there at this age.
Massalsa you should put this group of players together for a tournament and call it "Malssalsa's Team Orange, Elite Selects, Jr. Olympian Alllstars!!

massalsa

Post by massalsa » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:49 am

Snap Happy wrote:
jg2112 wrote:What I'm looking at is the fact that at two age groups (2002 and 2004) the Machine girls teams are now gone for the most part. Maybe it was unavoidable.
04 Orange team is still there and hasn't lost any key players from last years team. They have a lot of highly skilled girls and will be a nice team again this year.
Did Snap Happy mean the 2000 Machine Orange instead of the 2004 Machine Orange? I think that they left last year...I THINK...

I also think that Burton, Deliandis, and Mashuga are the only 8th graders on that 01 Selects team...hence their potential availability to play for:

Massalsa's "Elite Selects Jr Orangecaps Olympian Allstars" (thanks for the great name idea NORTHWOODS HOCKEY...changed it slightly...hope you don't mind)

HockeyDude20

Post by HockeyDude20 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:07 am

massalsa wrote:
Snap Happy wrote:
Did Snap Happy mean the 2000 Machine Orange instead of the 2004 Machine Orange? I think that they left last year...I THINK...

I also think that Burton, Deliandis, and Mashuga are the only 8th graders on that 01 Selects team...hence their potential availability to play for:

Massalsa's "Elite Selects Jr Orangecaps Olympian Allstars" (thanks for the great name idea NORTHWOODS HOCKEY...changed it slightly...hope you don't mind)
The name of the team, as it currently sits, is not quite complete. This should do it, though. "massalsa's Elite Selects Jr Orangecaps Cougar Olympian Allstars" For it to fit on the Tshirt you may have to go with the acronym- MESJOCOA

massalsa

Post by massalsa » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:42 am

HockeyDude20 wrote:
massalsa wrote:
Snap Happy wrote:

The name of the team, as it currently sits, is not quite complete. This should do it, though. "massalsa's Elite Selects Jr Orangecaps Cougar Olympian Allstars" For it to fit on the Tshirt you may have to go with the acronym- MESJOCOA
We will have LOTS of apparel.

We will have an instagram page.

We will allow phones on the bench in game. The coaching staff will snapchat our coaching points to the girls in between shifts and put systems and strategy on our team "story" for the girls to review every time they look at snapchat. That will force the girls to think a little bit about hockey every time they pick up their phone (which is 9673 times/day).

Now if we can just get Joel Johnson, Katey Stone, Katie King, Mike Yeo, Brad Frost and Scotty Bowman to get us some content on our systems we will be using we will be unstoppable!

Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:28 am

Don't forget the parents can text blast the coaches if darling is getting short shifted, and we can blow up our own daughters if they aren't getting the stats we've come to expect

Snap Happy

Post by Snap Happy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:50 am

massalsa wrote:
Snap Happy wrote:
Did Snap Happy mean the 2000 Machine Orange instead of the 2004 Machine Orange? I think that they left last year...I THINK..
no it was jg2112 that said 04. But yes he must have meant the 00's because the 04's are still there.

C-dad

Post by C-dad » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:48 am

Does anyone know what the hell Edina did with their U15As? Green is 10-0-0 and 52 GF, 3 GA, White is 1-7-2 with 8 GF and 31 GA.:shock:

Should they have had a balanced draft or made White a B team?

Years ago they did something similar with Squirt As when everyone complained they were sandbagging. They made a Squirt A1 and A2 and A2 had a record like the U15A White is having. That justified them not having 2 A teams the following year. :roll:

Mavs

Post by Mavs » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:58 am

C-dad wrote:Does anyone know what the hell Edina did with their U15As? Green is 10-0-0 and 52 GF, 3 GA, White is 1-7-2 with 8 GF and 31 GA.:shock:

Years ago they did something similar with Squirt As when everyone complained they were sandbagging. They made a Squirt A1 and A2 and A2 had a record like the U15A White is having. That justified them not having 2 A teams the following year. :roll:
Edina does A1 and A2 at both U12A and U15A. They do two even A teams at the U10A level.

A1 is 1-15
A2 is 16-30 (or however many kids on each)

Both play an A schedule. They also have a B team so likely didn't want to have two B teams. The A2 team sometimes takes their lumps at 12A too but many are first year kids and move up to A1 the following year.

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:50 am

How many 15UB teams in the entire state?

Mavs

Post by Mavs » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:32 am

InigoMontoya wrote:
How many 15UB teams in the entire state?
Probably a dozen or so

Mavs

Post by Mavs » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:35 am

What if Minnesota Hockey allowed U15 teams to play in 15A leagues (take their lumps) and play in 15B tournaments and then play 15B come playoffs?

The reason many don't play B is they can't find a league to play in. What if A2 teams played in an A league (if they can't find a B) but are called A2/B and then allowed to play B tournaments and then drop down to B for playoffs.

Would this allow more teams to play B?

Not sure if its allowed but throwing it out there

InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:44 am

Mavs wrote:What if Minnesota Hockey allowed U15 teams to play in 15A leagues (take their lumps) and play in 15B tournaments and then play 15B come playoffs?

The reason many don't play B is they can't find a league to play in. What if A2 teams played in an A league (if they can't find a B) but are called A2/B and then allowed to play B tournaments and then drop down to B for playoffs.

Would this allow more teams to play B?

Not sure if its allowed but throwing it out there
They do.