Stirring the pot or "Fishing"

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

36Guy

Stirring the pot or "Fishing"

Post by 36Guy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:35 am

After a quick exchange with NTMH I realized that there are some members of our parrish that do not understand a portion of our bloggers bible.

This is known as "stirring the pot" or "fishing". This is a long lasting trait among men that dates back century's. This phenomenon is typically seasonal and almost never occurs in the spring or summer. A "fisherman" usually looks for a soft spot and attacks. The unsuspecting prey typically fights back gallantly only to realize it is futile because the "fisherman" was not serious to begin with.

I have looked up "stirring the pot" in the Urban dictionary and here is what I found.
"Stirring the Pot..Aka "Fishing" a phenomenon that occurs when one buddy calls another buddy to talk hockey(usually on a week day). The two realize that they are bored and want to "stir the pot" on there favorite blog. One buddy convinces the other to elaborate at someone else's expense. Usually done with no harm intended, but once in a while someone obtains a small bruise."

Classic trophy fish include: Puckdaddy19 and Lace em up!

Happy Holidays to All!!

Nevertoomuchhockey

Re: Stirring the pot or "Fishing"

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:43 am

36Guy wrote:After a quick exchange with NTMH I realized that there are some members of our parrish that do not understand a portion of our bloggers bible.

This is known as "stirring the pot" or "fishing". This is a long lasting trait among men that dates back century's. This phenomenon is typically seasonal and almost never occurs in the spring or summer. A "fisherman" usually looks for a soft spot and attacks. The unsuspecting prey typically fights back gallantly only to realize it is futile because the "fisherman" was not serious to begin with.

I have looked up "stirring the pot" in the Urban dictionary and here is what I found.
"Stirring the Pot..Aka "Fishing" a phenomenon that occurs when one buddy calls another buddy to talk hockey(usually on a week day). The two realize that they are bored and want to "stir the pot" on there favorite blog. One buddy convinces the other to elaborate at someone else's expense. Usually done with no harm intended, but once in a while someone obtains a small bruise."

Happy Holidays to All!!
See also... chirping?
Or nah?

MN_Bowhunter

Re: Stirring the pot or "Fishing"

Post by MN_Bowhunter » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:47 am

36Guy wrote:After a quick exchange with NTMH I realized that there are some members of our parrish that do not understand a portion of our bloggers bible.

Happy Holidays to All!!
I miss trolling for Achiever parents, I remember how good it felt to wet a line and firmly set the hook.

wolfman

Post by wolfman » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:08 am

Any news from BE? New coaches? New players?

AAA Dad

Post by AAA Dad » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:18 am

wolfman wrote:Any news from BE? New coaches? New players?
I just noticed the 5 Senior Commits on the BE website to good schools/hockey programs...Not bad.. Congrats and best of luck to them.

wolfman

Post by wolfman » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:44 pm

The BE website is outstanding. The five girls going on to play college hockey are great players and im sure they are outstanding in the classroom. It will be fun to track each year all the girls that BE sends off to play hockey in college.

36Guy

Post by 36Guy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:14 pm

AAA Dad wrote:
wolfman wrote:Any news from BE? New coaches? New players?
I just noticed the 5 Senior Commits on the BE website to good schools/hockey programs...Not bad.. Congrats and best of luck to them.
As the case with most schools, all those girls were pretty damn good when they got there!

pepperpot

Post by pepperpot » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:37 pm

Stirring the pot, like pepper? Great! I'll add some stones to the soup. BE had nothing to do with those girls getting college play. They were all good before. If you want to crawl up CP's fanny and smooch, go ahead but anyone who has a nickel of common sense knows the pied piper of cheating had nothing to do with it. Second, nevertoomuchlying is the biggest troll on this forum. never without a opinion, never without a ax to grind, never tells the truth. Last, is there anyone out there other than parents with kids who go to blake, breck, SPU, HM, BSM or Marshall that really believes they have a legitmate HS team? Recruiting at the highest levels. Each team is nothing but hand picked players? Go ahead and thump your chest like your something special. The reality is your nothing but a bunch of spoon fed primadonnas.

Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:26 pm

pepperpot wrote:Stirring the pot, like pepper? Great! I'll add some stones to the soup. BE had nothing to do with those girls getting college play. They were all good before. If you want to crawl up CP's fanny and smooch, go ahead but anyone who has a nickel of common sense knows the pied piper of cheating had nothing to do with it. Second, nevertoomuchlying is the biggest troll on this forum. never without a opinion, never without a ax to grind, never tells the truth. Last, is there anyone out there other than parents with kids who go to blake, breck, SPU, HM, BSM or Marshall that really believes they have a legitmate HS team? Recruiting at the highest levels. Each team is nothing but hand picked players? Go ahead and thump your chest like your something special. The reality is your nothing but a bunch of spoon fed primadonnas.
Winner!
And that's the truth. Absolutely no ax either.
Isn't this entire forum, isn't EVERY forum, a social media creation to invite opinion?
We know your opinion pepper. Thanks for sharing.

36Guy

Post by 36Guy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:55 pm

Nevertoomuchhockey wrote:
pepperpot wrote:Stirring the pot, like pepper? Great! I'll add some stones to the soup. BE had nothing to do with those girls getting college play. They were all good before. If you want to crawl up CP's fanny and smooch, go ahead but anyone who has a nickel of common sense knows the pied piper of cheating had nothing to do with it. Second, nevertoomuchlying is the biggest troll on this forum. never without a opinion, never without a ax to grind, never tells the truth. Last, is there anyone out there other than parents with kids who go to blake, breck, SPU, HM, BSM or Marshall that really believes they have a legitmate HS team? Recruiting at the highest levels. Each team is nothing but hand picked players? Go ahead and thump your chest like your something special. The reality is your nothing but a bunch of spoon fed primadonnas.
Winner!
And that's the truth. Absolutely no ax either.
Isn't this entire forum, isn't EVERY forum, a social media creation to invite opinion?
We know your opinion pepper. Thanks for sharing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozol5AYYg5c