Miracle on Ice

Fanofhockey

Miracle on Ice

Post by Fanofhockey » Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:45 am

Since the new movie "Miracle" is coming out soon, I was wondering if anyone could find a website that shows the actual statistics of the team during the whole olympics or just the Russia game. By the way I know a girl that went to a sneak preview of it and she said it's a hockey fans dream movie...I can't wait. <p></p><i></i>

minn05

movie

Post by minn05 » Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:33 pm

if im not mistaken it comes out feb 6th right? <p></p><i></i>

Dons

Re: movie

Post by Dons » Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:38 pm

yea ..and i swear its the only movie whose preciew can give me a little chill each time i watch it...it just looks so good..hopefully it exploits how influential minnesota is, and was in hockey today and then. <p></p><i></i>

Ram Hockey

Re: Miracle on Ice

Post by Ram Hockey » Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:29 pm

Fanofhockey,<br>Here is a link to the 1980 Olympic team stats that also includes players that were cut pre-olympics. I know that I'm looking forward to seeing this.<br><br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leag ... 41980.html" target="top">www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/sea ... <!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p>Ram Hockey</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub33.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUser ... hockey>Ram Hockey</A> at: 1/24/04 2:33 pm<br></i>

BigWilly135

Miracle

Post by BigWilly135 » Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:29 pm

This movie is going to be butta, and thats all i got to say. Juts reading this post gave me the chills. Come on Feb. 6th <p></p><i></i>

txhockey

Re: Miracle

Post by txhockey » Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:04 pm

i think all minnesotans will like the movie. my rink held a sneak preview thursday night of the movie, as a promotion that we did with disney and a local theatre. kurt russell does a great job (got to watch him chew gum, almost scary).<br><br>as a coach, the only thing i wish was that they showed more of the famous "herbyisms". and some other things, but overall the movie is pretty good.<br><br>disney is promoting this as a "if you believe" type movie. they really go into how bad the country was at that time and how this team did alot for the country. <br><br>hockey scenes are pretty good. you may be disappointed that they only go into brief stints of each game, except the russia game. and they show a how a coaches life and his familys life counteract. i think wifes will appreciate some of those scenes, i know mine did.<br><br>anyway, i guess i should not say too much. i dont want to give away the ending (amazing how the theatre erupted after each goal during the movie).<br><br>be good and go hounds. <p></p><i></i>

ifallsfan

Post by ifallsfan » Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:57 pm

The team was stocked with Minnesotans. Can't help but notice that northern MN was well represented. Warroad, Roseau, Eveleth, Grand Rapids, Virginia, Babbitt and Duluth. And there were others that didn't make the final team from the land of the north. What schools did Schneider and Verchota play HS hockey for? Was there anyone from the Falls that ever played on any of the Olympic teams?<br><br> <p></p><i></i>

jr

Olympics

Post by jr » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:01 pm

I Falls has had many Olympians and US National Team members. I know at one time they had more than any other high school in the nation. I'm not sure if that's the case any more! <p></p><i></i>

txhockey

verchota

Post by txhockey » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:07 pm

ifallsfan<br><br>phil played for duluth east<br><br>go hounds <p></p><i></i>

ifhockey88

Falls

Post by ifhockey88 » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:08 pm

I falls had many olympians when your at bronco take some time to look at the wall on the northwest end of the building. It has Pictures of some of the old greats and almost all of them have played on a us national team or olympic team. Miracle looks amazing it gives me chills when you hear them chanting...USA...USA. <p></p><i></i>

newkidonblock

HBO Special of 1980 Hockey Team

Post by newkidonblock » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:15 pm

Any of you see that one? Will be interesting to see how well these movies compliment each other. I've got my evening free for February 6th!<br><br>"If you lose this game, you'll take it to your ..." You know the rest.<br> <p></p><i></i>

Fanofhockey

Stats

Post by Fanofhockey » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:30 pm

I guess I may not have looked deep enough, but anyone have any other pages that show individual game stats for the Olympics, or even just the Russia game? <p></p><i></i>

hockeyscout

Post by hockeyscout » Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:28 am

Phil played for Duluth East and Buzzy played for Babbit and was known as the Babbit Rabbit. Its nice to see the northern boys getting the recognition in the movie. <p></p><i></i>