HighSchoolHockeyForums.com
The Largest Prep Hockey Message Board Community on the Web

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Private School (Parochial) History
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Best of MN HS Hockey Forum Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thehockeyplaya

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: C-1 you've seen 'em all!.....by SS Reply with quote

LOL :rollin :lol

In memory of The One and Only Videoscout

slapshooter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: C-1 you've seen 'em all!.....by SS Reply with quote

Minnh:x ck, or wherever else they'd let us in!:lol 8o :lol

Edited by: slapshooter at: 3/10/05 1:46 pm
bluesbuddy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Yes, Yes, More History!!! Reply with quote

C-1 playerz played in da ole nortwest huckey league wit da rozo leafs, baudette blades, bemidji blues, grand funk wheatkings, grand rapids 'an taconite among some uv da ole senior 'A' clubz.

vidscout haz lotz of grate storiez 'an mah-self knowz sum uv 'em butt it'z knot mah-self's place ta talk 'bout dem.

'an da ole v-man sez dat mitchell 'an lee don't want da board ta talk 'bout why hiz-self iz gone, butt da roomer iz dat mitchell iz giv'in hiz-self anudder chance if he jumps true sum hoops.:lol

:smokin soundz like da ball iz in vid's court nowz.

KodiakChew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: C-1 you've seen 'em all!.....by SS Reply with quote

slappy, this is some interesting stuff. Glad to see you are writing normally too;) . Thank you for the interesting details, I would add my 2 cents but I don't know much about AHA hockey past the late 90's.

AHA 2002 & 2005 State Champions!

slapshooter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Yes, Yes, More History!!! Reply with quote

Hey Blues :smokin Buddy !

Yewz foregotz da C-1yore PIE-Rattz! :lol

S8o S

Stitch Lips

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Yes, Yes, More History!!! Reply with quote

as i was scanning all the threads i couldn't hold myself back and not contribute something to this. this is very interesting and i will get back to this topic after i do some research. i also played for a private school and we really had one tough schedule. i have to run now, but when i come back i'll have more information. this is a great website and i'm glad my son turned me on to it last week.

0]

slapshooter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: C-1 you've seen 'em all!.....by SS Reply with quote

Well KodiakChew,

The late '90's is history too!

Fill us in on your point of view!

Jeeeez, even when I'm not tryin' it's still rhymin'! :lol

S8o S

Thehockeyplaya

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: C-1 you've seen 'em all!.....by SS Reply with quote

So if you played c-1 it was like minior league hockey slappy??or blues "i have a tough time reading your writing tho lol" They could go d-1 right? Did you get payed for c-1 and did kids go pro from there? That almost seems like a better league in the case that you get to stay close to home "all the teams in that area" rather than going to Colorado WI or out East if you didnt go to the UM or UMD

Knowlze

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Hockey History Reply with quote

That remind me, do you guys remember the Whalen boys from Crooks Town, or are they too young for you guys? Could they play hockey?

slapshooter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Yes, Yes, More History!!! Reply with quote

Hey Stitch Lips,

No offense, but did you get hit in the mouth by a puck or a stick or some chickenwire or somethin' when you were a player? Or are you still a player? Or did you ever play?

You don't have a brother named harry, er, oh nevermind....

Probably a different family anyway.

Maybe that's not your real name!

Nice to see new blood at the forum this year!

Welcome to the bored! :lol

S8o S

Edited by: slapshooter at: 3/10/05 2:11 pm
slapshooter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Hockey History Reply with quote

Yeah Knowlze,

Those Whalin boys can play football and basketball ppretty darn well from what I've heard!

One of 'em can run like the wind!

S8o S

slapshooter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: C-1 you've seen 'em all!.....by SS Reply with quote

Thehockeyplaya! C- 1 to pro?

Not many young men from the U S went pro in those days !

Henry Boucha ( W8) RR8) AD ) and Gary Sargent from

Bemidji.

They were from that other high school league though.

S8o S

Thehockeyplaya

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: C-1 you've seen 'em all!.....by SS Reply with quote

Ahh i c......thanks for letting me know that i imagine that the C-1 was really good hockey than...The players in the public H.S league did they play in the c-1 also with the private school kids there so you could compare?

slapshooter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Hockey History Reply with quote

Knowlze,

Unless your talkin' about them Whalin boys who skated for Mt

Saint Benedict!

Those boys could play some puck too!

S8o S

bluesbuddy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: C-1 you've seen 'em all!.....by SS Reply with quote

dat slipbobber'z mindz slipp'in. nowz yerz talk'in mah-self's territory: crooked town central.

da whalen boyz didn't playz footballz or basketballz except dat joe whalen guyz actually did playz hoof 'n mouth ball {football} fer awhilez. da whalen bros were grate huckey playerz frum crooked town central {downtown --- da pubic schoolz}.

joe gradiated in '75 'an hiz whittle bro mike gradiated in '76. mike whalen 'an ole neal broten, along wit king David {Christian} were da best playerz in suction 8 at da time. neal wuz a sophomore, christian a junior and whalen a senior. mah-self played wit da whalen boyz 'an King George da beer man.

mah-self holdz a lot uv records. tousands uv dem.

:smokin most uv 'em r uv da blues variety doe.

Edited by: east hockey at: 3/10/05 2:41 pm
slapshooter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: C-1 you've seen 'em all!.....by SS Reply with quote

Well Hockeyplaya,

I've only been tending to this thread for the last six hours now

and I thought maybe I should eat so I'll have to get back to

ya on that one!

If y:x u don't mind! :lol

S8o S

Anybody else?

slapshooter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: C-1 you've seen 'em all!.....by SS Reply with quote

Yeah Blues :smokin Buddy ! :eek

Day wurr "Cat'licks" doe wurrnt day? :lol

Jess tryin' two digg yewz out uv da woodwerks on dat wonz!

S:lol S

Edited by: slapshooter at: 3/10/05 3:01 pm
elliott70

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Blues Reply with quote

All those records you are holding in your hand, are they 45's or real old records - 78's.

slapshooter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: C-1 you've seen 'em all!.....by SS Reply with quote

I'll be back with more details regarding teams that played in the Minnesota Catholic High School State Hockey Tournament later after I do some more diggin' in the attic!

I must be one of the only one's still alive from those days around here!

S8o S

elliott70

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Crookston Cathedral circa 1970 Reply with quote

Slappy,
If I remember the best kid for Cathedral would have been a Moran kid.

Thehockeyplaya

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Crookston Cathedral circa 1970 Reply with quote

I think you are one of the only few that have ever been on here Slappy have fun in the attick :evil

hillhockey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: where the heck are the hill fans Reply with quote

here i am, just haven't been on recently because of a certain class of mine taking up my entire life.

starsalum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: where the heck are the hill fans Reply with quote

Yeah I hear that, but Im still on here, go figure..

Go Buffs

Edited by: starsalum at: 3/10/05 3:22 pm
hillhockey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: where the heck are the hill fans Reply with quote

well summer is almost here. its too bad we dont live in the southern hemisphere. then we could have cold summers when theres no school so it doesnt interfere with hockey. then it could be warm during the school year. if only every school had ac.

Edited by: hillhockey at: 3/10/05 3:39 pm
slapshooter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Crookston Cathedral circa 1970 Reply with quote

Well that depends which Moran you are talking about Elliott70!

Wayne Moran aka "weiner" was a good skater and had a fairly decent hip check!

He didn't have much of a slapshot and he missed the net a lot!

He wasn't much for passing the puck either but he wore a continuous smile on his face throughout the games!

(you would too if you were skatin' on my line ;) 8o :lol )

Unless you're talkin' about his little brother whom I've heard was a puckhog also!

Vide:hat u Sc:hat ut could tell you about him though!

Weiner was a good one but not even close to bein' the best!

Good forechecker and good around the net. Decent wristshot
and wasn't afraid of anyone! He drew a lot of penalties as he wasn't very big and when he skated his head was about a foot and a half off the ice so he was tough to hit!

Took a vacation on the back-check though! :

Probably had around 18 assists throughout his four years on

varsity!

Gave him a lot of "silver platter" passes that he missed let me

tell ya!

He loved to hang around by our opponents blue line watchin'

us struggle in our own zone!

I loved that guy!

Say, your names not Wayne is it? :lol

S8o S

Edited by: slapshooter at: 3/10/05 4:05 pm
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Best of MN HS Hockey Forum Threads All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Forum Rules/Reporting Offensive Posts (Updated 3/16/05)

National HS Hockey Rankings

State by State HS Hockey Profiles

USHighSchoolHockey.com

MidgetAAAHockey.com

Statewide High School Hockey Links (By State)

High School Hockey Team Links (By State)

Minnesota High School Hockey Scores (by team) Minnesota High School Hockey Scores (by date)

Minnesota High School Hockey Rankings (USHSHO) Minnesota High School Hockey Rankings (MinnHock)

Nationwide HS Hockey Scores

Midget AAA Hockey Scores

Midget AAA Hockey National Rankings

NCAA D1 Men's Hockey Rankings

New England Prep School Hockey Rankings

Prep School Hockey Links

Friends of USHSHO and the Forums:

MinnHock

WisconsinPrepHockey.Net

Sponsored Links: