Is AA/A here to stay???

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Do you like the AA/A designation for levels of play?

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 17

wannagototherink

Is AA/A here to stay???

Post by wannagototherink »

Now that it has been a couple years, is the AA/A experiment here to stay or is there any chance of it going back? Personally, I'd love to see it go back to the way it was before. I'm just assuming a fundamental change in levels of play would have a review period to see if it is working or not. Thoughts?
"I've never seen a dumb-bell score a goal!" ~Gretter
Wet Paint

Post by Wet Paint »

I think it won't be long before the parents of the kids will not want them stigmatized by having them skate on a B team so it will become AAAA, AAA, AA and A will be the new house league level. ALL will get a trophy saying they were a champ at the A level of hockey in MN.
Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy »

Tell me again what the downside of the AA/A split is again? So we want Cloquets Bantam AA team from this year to fill their season with games vs Proctor, Hibbing and Silver Bay?
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

The only downside is when MVI combine and then go single A. :evil: Selfish parents/board members. They must think that Mn hockey passed this rule for them. That way the North Oaks kids can win. Cheaters never win... winners never cheat. I feel bad for the D2 board. they have programs like FL/Highland?Maht/Rose playing AA. Then you got TWO AA high schools combined forming one single A program. Pathetic.
kniven

Post by kniven »

Section 8 guy wrote:Tell me again what the downside of the AA/A split is again? So we want Cloquets Bantam AA team from this year to fill their season with games vs Proctor, Hibbing and Silver Bay?
I'm just excited the HP 14s will be playing in Duluth the weekend of April 22nd. I wish more HP festivals would play in Duluth.
Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister »

kniven wrote:
Section 8 guy wrote:Tell me again what the downside of the AA/A split is again? So we want Cloquets Bantam AA team from this year to fill their season with games vs Proctor, Hibbing and Silver Bay?
I'm just excited the HP 14s will be playing in Duluth the weekend of April 22nd. I wish more HP festivals would play in Duluth.
:-k
jg2112

Post by jg2112 »

old goalie85 wrote:The only downside is when MVI combine and then go single A. :evil: Selfish parents/board members. They must think that Mn hockey passed this rule for them. That way the North Oaks kids can win. Cheaters never win... winners never cheat. I feel bad for the D2 board. they have programs like FL/Highland?Maht/Rose playing AA. Then you got TWO AA high schools combined forming one single A program. Pathetic.
Eh, Roseville played A at PeeWee this past year as well.

No surprise that MVI and Roseville finished 1-2 in the District above every other team with a AA entry.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

I stand corrected. Your picking up what I'm putting down.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

ttt
wannagototherink

Post by wannagototherink »

My question is what is the upside? There was a reason why A teams didn't play B-1 teams before the split. I can't imagine Cloquet would want to play any of the those teams.
"I've never seen a dumb-bell score a goal!" ~Gretter
black sheep

Post by black sheep »

kniven wrote:

it would be great if the hotels in the Duluth area were not $250+ a night...I know there are a lot of groups that would like to do more there but cant afford to.
ShakestheClown

Post by ShakestheClown »

What? I've never spent that much for a hotel in Duluth.
blueline_6

Post by blueline_6 »

I'm not a fan of AA/A, but I don't see it going anywhere. Next MN Hockey change will be BB/B levels, eliminating/replacing the B1/B2 designations that some districts do now.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

ttt