Prospects/Futures

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Any reports on who's standing out? Future Olympians?
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

Saw some great hockey too many to mention
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY

Post by NORTHWOODS HOCKEY »

zambonidriver wrote:Saw some great hockey too many to mention
How did the system base players compare?
Mavs

Post by Mavs »

NORTHWOODS HOCKEY wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:Saw some great hockey too many to mention
How did the system base players compare?

:lol:
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

I thought they all played well it will be interesting when they get jumbled up even more next week.
HockeyDude20

Post by HockeyDude20 »

zambonidriver wrote:I thought they all played well it will be interesting when they get jumbled up even more next week.
How about just "I thought they all played well."? Period. End of sentence. Your left handed compliments are tiresome. I suspect that when they get "jumbled up even more" they will all play pretty well again. It won't be very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkqgDoo_eZE
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

HD pretty defensive did not mean anything by it. My only point was their was really no discernible differences between the kids who played that they all played real well. Would love to see Zigler and Nicholson together as a pair. Also I heard there were a couple of players on the other teams that were playing really well that we did not get to see. By the way I am right handed. would love to see Vetter against this bunch.
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY

zambonidriver wrote: In this format you have to be able to adapt because there is no system coaching and the kids are dispersed through the teams and have to figure things out on their own without being told a whole lot. The true Hockey players show themselves as opposed to system players. The talent is too good to be selfish and you have to move the puck. Chemistry has to be developed quickly. The best part is the next weekend they are playing with totally different people.
ZD, just a few more questions;

Were the system base players able to adapt to the superior style of play?

Were the system base players able to figure things out? Did they know what direction to skate with out being told?

Did it appear that the system base players knew they were on the ice with non system base players? Was there any chemistry developed between the two types of players or did system base players only pass to other system base players?

Did the true players, show themselves to be superior, as apposed to system base players?

Last but not least - did you place the Futures 1st weekend trophy on your mantle next to the WS trophy?

Would like to hear more of your thoughts going into the next Prospects/Futures weekend.
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

NW I Love it first of all I never said the system based players were inferior my whole argument has been there are more talented players than just on your team and which I think the first weekend proved. I can say this, the hockey was fantastic and the skill by all the players was out of this world. My opinions don't really matter. I think the 6 best skaters on the ice were evenly split between the Elites an the 01 02 again my opinion. I thought your daughter was one of the hardest working unselfish players on the rink I love how she goes to the net. Nicholsons move in the shootout was sick. Trophies don't mean much to me. It was a fun weekend watching from the stands even more fun having a beer or two with friends in the parking lot and talking hockey. You are always welcome. I would love to know your thoughts.
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY

zambonidriver wrote:NW I Love it first of all I never said the system based players were inferior my whole argument has been there are more talented players than just on your team and which I think the first weekend proved. I can say this, the hockey was fantastic and the skill by all the players was out of this world. My opinions don't really matter. I think the 6 best skaters on the ice were evenly split between the Elites an the 01 02 again my opinion. I thought your daughter was one of the hardest working unselfish players on the rink I love how she goes to the net. Nicholsons move in the shootout was sick. Trophies don't mean much to me. It was a fun weekend watching from the stands even more fun having a beer or two with friends in the parking lot and talking hockey. You are always welcome. I would love to know your thoughts.
I thought it was great - worth every penny of the $775 or whatever amount of pocket change it was. I can hardly believe we get two more weekends without having to reach back into the pockets.

I was very impressed with, not only the level of talent, but the depth of talent at every level. Easy to understand why College Coaches want to attend.

I do agree with a few of the "Posters", that have indicated a player doesn't have to participate to play at or reach the next level. A player should choose their own path, one they are comfortable with.

From just a pure spectators perspective, it was really enjoyable being able to watch all the players that I normally don't get to see.
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY

[quote="zambonidriver"] first of all I never said the system based players were inferior.

The true Hockey players show themselves as opposed to system players.[/quote]

Are you sure?
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

NORTHWOODS HOCKEY wrote:
zambonidriver wrote: first of all I never said the system based players were inferior.

Are you sure?
So are you saying the true hockey players didn't show themseleves? From what I saw again only my opinion only a couple of lines were totally mixed. The 02/machine girls don't play with the puck at the Blue lines which is one of my pet peeves. Again it will be interesting to see as the process moves forward.
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY

zambonidriver wrote:
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY wrote:
zambonidriver wrote: first of all I never said the system based players were inferior.

Are you sure?
So are you saying the true hockey players didn't show themseleves?
Ha, no. I was asking if you were sure of what you said.
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

NORTHWOODS HOCKEY wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY wrote: So are you saying the true hockey players didn't show themseleves?
Ha, no. I was asking if you were sure of what you said.
I am sure of what I said there are true hockey players that can play no matter the circumstance then there are players that their success is a product of the system take them out of that system and they are average. That is the beauty of these weekends because the people who really matter get to see the kids in a less structured format and they can judge for themselves whether they are the type of player they are seeing. You will be surprised by this but the best player on the ice last weekend in our three days between the black and grey was on your team and she didn't score a goal. She has not been a machine/02 player until last year. Again my opinion
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY

zambonidriver wrote:
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY wrote:
zambonidriver wrote: Ha, no. I was asking if you were sure of what you said.
I am sure of what I said there are true hockey players that can play no matter the circumstance then there are players that their success is a product of the system take them out of that system and they are average. That is the beauty of these weekends because the people who really matter get to see the kids in a less structured format and they can judge for themselves whether they are the type of player they are seeing. You will be surprised by this but the best player on the ice last weekend in our three days between the black and grey was on your team and she didn't score a goal. She has not been a machine/02 player until last year. Again my opinion
Hmmm? Ok, well at least you're sure.
Mavs

Post by Mavs »

zambonidriver wrote:
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY wrote:
zambonidriver wrote: Ha, no. I was asking if you were sure of what you said.
who is that?
If bet if you picked the top 8 players, more than 4 would be Machine 02
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

Mavs wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY wrote:I am sure of what I said there are true hockey players that can play no matter the circumstance then there are players that their success is a product of the system take them out of that system and they are average. That is the beauty of these weekends because the people who really matter get to see the kids in a less structured format and they can judge for themselves whether they are the type of player they are seeing. You will be surprised by this but the best player on the ice last weekend in our three days between the black and grey was on your team and she didn't score a goal. She has not been a machine/02 player until last year. Again my opinion
who is that?
I thought the best players on the rink were Hackley, Hoops Vivian Jungles, Lauren Einan, Nicholson, Zigler (only played one game) Schuster (only played one game) Wethington, Langseth, Skelton, I thought Hackley was the best player on the rink the entire weekend. Again my opinion
NORTHWOODS HOCKEY

zambonidriver wrote:
Mavs wrote:
zambonidriver wrote: who is that?
I thought the best players on the rink were Hackley, Hoops Vivian Jungles, Lauren Einan, Nicholson, Zigler (only played one game) Schuster (only played one game) Wethington, Langseth, Skelton, I thought Hackley was the best player on the rink the entire weekend. Again my opinion
Solid choice. Hackley is a very good player, a great kid and played extremely well. It was fun to watch.

I thought there were a # of players on the Red and Green teams that were every bit as good as any player there.

I don't think I could come up with a short list, as there were just too many good players. However, I was impressed (again) with EN from FL. A very skilled D, that makes solid decisions and was the key to the start of many very nice plays.
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

NORTHWOODS HOCKEY wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:
Mavs wrote:I thought the best players on the rink were Hackley, Hoops Vivian Jungles, Lauren Einan, Nicholson, Zigler (only played one game) Schuster (only played one game) Wethington, Langseth, Skelton, I thought Hackley was the best player on the rink the entire weekend. Again my opinion
Solid choice. Hackley is a very good player, a great kid and played extremely well. It was fun to watch.

I thought there were a # of players on the Red and Green teams that were every bit as good as any player there.

I don't think I could come up with a short list, as there were just too many good players. However, I was impressed (again) with EN from FL. A very skilled D, that makes solid decisions and was the key to the start of many very nice plays.
NW you are 100% right forgot about EN so used to her playing at such a high level just take her for granted.
Knight7

Post by Knight7 »

Zamboni,

When does an ex-tender take a good D for granted. You must of played before facemasks and helmets in TRF. :D
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

Knight7 wrote:Zamboni,

When does an ex-tender take a good D for granted. You must of played before facemasks and helmets in TRF. :D
egf
Knight7

Post by Knight7 »

My bad, Zam, TRF is a swear word to EGF people. But I noticed you let the other comment slide. Must be a little truth there. :D
Nevertoomuchhockey

Post by Nevertoomuchhockey »

Is this the first year they've had 4 tiers? I watched (I think) every team in the top 3 prospects brackets at least once. I don't want to call out players or teams, but after black/gray/white/red it seemed just about every team in 2nd and 3rd levels had at least 2 up to 4-5 players who really really looked out of place with the pace of play and just seeing the ice. I loved the opportunity to watch this kind of talent in one place one weekend, but at times it felt like growing the format meant settling for some kids who seemed outplayed every second. Can't be fun for them. Anyone else agree?
I think they said they had 22 D1 coaches there Sat, but there had to be just as many D3 Sat and Sun as well.
How many players do you think played down or didn't play at all since they moved the weekend up to finals/prom/grad? Looking forward to round 2.
zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver »

Knight7 wrote:My bad, Zam, TRF is a swear word to EGF people. But I noticed you let the other comment slide. Must be a little truth there. :D
lol
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

Incentive is to play against the best talent available in front of their future coaches eyes. Not like HS were top players routinely walk around players like cones. It will only help them going forward, to be pushed. D1 is a bigger step than most can image. The game is faster, the players are stronger. It also gets faster mentally, the puck needs to come off their sticks sooner and game sense is more important. That is what these weekends offer.
Is this the first year they've had 4 tiers? I watched (I think) every team in the top 3 prospects brackets at least once. I don't want to call out players or teams, but after black/gray/white/red it seemed just about every team in 2nd and 3rd levels had at least 2 up to 4-5 players who really really looked out of place with the pace of play and just seeing the ice. I loved the opportunity to watch this kind of talent in one place one weekend, but at times it felt like growing the format meant settling for some kids who seemed outplayed every second. Can't be fun for them. Anyone else agree?