The Show

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

JSR

The Show

Post by JSR » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:25 am

Anyone make it over to the BIG to watch any of The Show games as of yet?

Watched some of the live streamed games yesterday. For the age group its by far the best hockey I've seen. By far the best top end tourney for this age group, hope it starts gaining some momentum like the Brick and the Triple Crown

hockeygirl2

Post by hockeygirl2 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:59 am

Was there are watched several games. There were a couple of goods teams in each conference. Many of the teams seem to be lacking. But I suppose at $900 for each player, plus the cost for a weeks worth of travel keep many players away. Ever notice how crazy youth parents can be? There were times I had to wonder if Lord Stanley's name was on the trophy.

JSR

Post by JSR » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:09 am

hockeygirl2 wrote:Was there are watched several games. There were a couple of goods teams in each conference. Many of the teams seem to be lacking. But I suppose at $900 for each player, plus the cost for a weeks worth of travel keep many players away. Ever notice how crazy youth parents can be? There were times I had to wonder if Lord Stanley's name was on the trophy.
I can see why you say what you said and I agree with much of what you said.... but I think the really high level of the teams made it seem like some were "lacking" and that might not be what you meant exactly but get this.... I know a few folks involved and here is some interesting perspective in my opinion

For instance. The Great Lakes team that finished 8th in the USA side of the pool is actually quite literally Honeybaked's winter team for the upcoming season. Last year Honeybaked was the 8th ranked team in the country in AAA and they dropped their three bottom players and replaced them with three players that will arguably be their best players this year. In otherwords that was one of the best winter Tier 1 AAA teams in the country and they were arguably the second worst team in the whole tourney.... .

TEAM USA finished 9th (dead last) in the USA side of things and they had the Pennsylvania Brick goalie (who IMHO is one of the best goalies in that age group so far that I have seen), they also had a half dozen other former Brick kids a couple MN kids etc...

Saskatchewan finished in 7th place out of 8 teams on the Canada side of things. This is the exact same Saskatchewan team that rolled to the ChiTown Shuffle 2005 Elite division championship beating the top Bauer Selects team 6-1 in that title game. Also the same team that won the North American Hockey Classic Super Elite 2005 division in Winnipeg and that included the top Bauer team, the Machine, the Blades, the Vancouver Vipers etc...

I spoke to several coaches involved in both and they said hands down top to bottom the talent level at The Show was superior to The Brick for what it's worth. So like I said, given that perspective it was pretty darn good.

Now was every single possible "best 2005 kid" at The Show. Certainly not. But that can be said of any tournament. Were there a few kids that looked a little in over their head, for sure.... But I will stand by my statement for what it's worth that regardless of winter or spring or summer, this was by far the best youth hockey tournament and best collection of talent relative to age group, that was brought together in the same place, top to bottom that I've personally ever watched. I've heard the winter Pee Wee tournament in Quebec is supposedly something special but have never seen it myself so I am open to the idea that others exist I just have not seen them personally. :)

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:48 am

ttt

JSR

Post by JSR » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:24 pm

elliott70 wrote:ttt
Elliott, what does "ttt" mean? I've seen you post it many times and have no clue what it's supposed to mean

TheMNhockey1

Post by TheMNhockey1 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:17 pm

JSR wrote:
elliott70 wrote:ttt
Elliott, what does "ttt" mean? I've seen you post it many times and have no clue what it's supposed to mean
It stands for "Two Tacos Tonight" it's his way of celebrating instead of eating his usual one taco.

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:21 am

to the top

It is a way to keep certain threads alive
and thus keep someone from starting a new thread when one exists

also forces some bad threads down and out of mind...

elliott70

Post by elliott70 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:56 am

ttt