16-17 Gophers

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

Has the Gophers/Michigan series ever created less excitement? Jeez I hate the Big 10.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

grindiangrad-80 wrote:Has the Gophers/Michigan series ever created less excitement? Jeez I hate the Big 10.
Have the Gophers ever created less excitement?
grindiangrad-80

mulefarm wrote:
grindiangrad-80 wrote:Has the Gophers/Michigan series ever created less excitement? Jeez I hate the Big 10.
Not sure it's just the Gophers. Ever since the Big 10 kicked in Minnesota, Michigan, Michigan ST. and Wisconsin have all been uninspiring to watch.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

grindiangrad-80 wrote:
mulefarm wrote:
Not sure it's just the Gophers. Ever since the Big 10 kicked in Minnesota, Michigan, Michigan ST. and Wisconsin have all been uninspiring to watch.
That's what happens when the Wild are playing so well. All the attention shifts to the NHL.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Losing Novak for the year is going to hurt this club big time. Let's see if anybody can fill his shoes? Time for Conner Reilly to step up and grab the bull by the horns!
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

Thought about making a weekend trip to Madison and catching Saturday nights game. Then I looked at ticket prices. I think I'll catch the New Ulm Steel game for $10 instead. Just brutal how average hockey teams can have ticket prices that high.
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

GoldyGopher wrote:Thought about making a weekend trip to Madison and catching Saturday nights game. Then I looked at ticket prices. I think I'll catch the New Ulm Steel game for $10 instead. Just brutal how average hockey teams can have ticket prices that high.
Are they raping fans as bad as the Gophers did for the ND games?
grindiangrad-80

BodyShots wrote:
GoldyGopher wrote:Thought about making a weekend trip to Madison and catching Saturday nights game. Then I looked at ticket prices. I think I'll catch the New Ulm Steel game for $10 instead. Just brutal how average hockey teams can have ticket prices that high.
I've got a fresh bottle of LTD for this weekend. If the Gophers look bad I'll need a 2nd. :)
grindiangrad-80

The Gophs looked pretty good Friday night. I still may need that 2nd bottle though. :)
grindiangrad-80

Kind of a tough one tonight. Looked okay after 1 but the wheels fell off after that. It happens. Wisconsin is definitely on the upswing.

The Big 10 may not be as far from the top as it seemed.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

BodyShots wrote:
It was worse than that. I did look mid-week but >$100 for the third deck in Madison is outrageous.
BSUBeaver

Post by BSUBeaver »

So, if you're not playing the Gophers in the North Star Cup, then FoxSports North will not televise your game..... Great move in a tournament that is supposed to celebrate the State of Hockey...... :x
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

BSUBeaver wrote:So, if you're not playing the Gophers in the North Star Cup, then FoxSports North will not televise your game..... Great move in a tournament that is supposed to celebrate the State of Hockey...... :x
Yeah, and it's done after this season. Some showcase. '

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
grindiangrad-80

Maybe My9 could show it?
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

If you build it, they will come.
If they don't come, tear it down and start over!
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

BSUBeaver wrote:So, if you're not playing the Gophers in the North Star Cup, then FoxSports North will not televise your game..... Great move in a tournament that is supposed to celebrate the State of Hockey...... :x
Agreed, however the crowd was decent Friday night for the Dogs and Gophs, Saturday....... I'm thinking there were high school games with more in attendance.
grindiangrad-80

Big win over Penn State tonight. Nicely done Gophs.
grindiangrad-80

That was a solid weekend. Gophers were looking for someone to step up with the injury to Novak and it looks like Bristedt answered the call.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

Nice to see a large crowd on Saturday as well. Biggest crowd since the NoDak game earlier this year.
grindiangrad-80

Looks like the Gophs are still a 1 seed (#4) for the NCAA. Can they hold onto that with a series at Penn State?
grindiangrad-80

Pitlick on the breakaway... he shoots- he scoooooooooores.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

I'm sure the sweep didn't hurt their chances.

What a comeback on Saturday. That was fun to watch. :D
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

BodyShots wrote:I'm sure the sweep didn't hurt their chances.

What a comeback on Saturday. That was fun to watch. :D
Agreed, they have been a very fun team to watch as of late.
grindiangrad-80

Another "Better Dead than Red" weekend upon us. Bucky has been improved of late as have the Gophs.

I was wondering how long they would be down.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

grindiangrad-80 wrote:Another "Better Dead than Red" weekend upon us. Bucky has been improved of late as have the Gophs.

I was wondering how long they would be down.
Amazing what a new coach can do. (Just ask the Wild!)