Another private school advantage

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

pepperpot

Another private school advantage

Post by pepperpot »

I read that Marshall in Duluth has dorms now and is trying to bring in players to fill those rooms. Call me crazy, but hasn't this gone far enough? Boys are playing with the big boys now and got their buns handed to them. Girls are trying to resurrect a dead program but is still struggling after stealing players from Duluth, Hermantown and Two Harbors. How do you help both? Build some dorms and recruit, recruit, recruit!
Jeffy95

Re: Another private school advantage

Post by Jeffy95 »

pepperpot wrote:I read that Marshall in Duluth has dorms now and is trying to bring in players to fill those rooms. Call me crazy, but hasn't this gone far enough? Boys are playing with the big boys now and got their buns handed to them. Girls are trying to resurrect a dead program but is still struggling after stealing players from Duluth, Hermantown and Two Harbors. How do you help both? Build some dorms and recruit, recruit, recruit!
It actually helps with the balance of power up here a little bit to offset Hermantown. Instead of them getting all of the free agents, maybe Marshall gets a couple. That at least adds to the real hockey up here in 7AA. Nobody cares about 7A any more. That's died on the vine because of Hermantown.
nu2hockey

Re: Another private school advantage

Post by nu2hockey »

pepperpot wrote:I read that Marshall in Duluth has dorms now and is trying to bring in players to fill those rooms. Call me crazy, but hasn't this gone far enough? Boys are playing with the big boys now and got their buns handed to them. Girls are trying to resurrect a dead program but is still struggling after stealing players from Duluth, Hermantown and Two Harbors. How do you help both? Build some dorms and recruit, recruit, recruit!
P/H-Town has done more than DM...Look at last year with the previous year Duluth coach trying to slide to P/H....They (P/H) think this is their year to splash..might be, will be interesting to watch

DM might be trying to replicate NAHA,POE, or SSM, but ,with their own plan... 2 yrs in with only 1 year of varsity with YOUNG players.
The jury is still out but I hope it works
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Sorry to spoil the fun, but the new dorm is for international students. So unless Marshall plans to recruit heavily in Scandinavia or Russia, this probably has zero impact on the hockey program.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/news/e ... -dormitory

On to the next story...