Results

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Mavs

Results

Post by Mavs » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:32 am

Day one: Maybe keep these going in one thread?

Holey Angels 3
Simley 1

Apple Valley 5
Woodbury 1

Robinsdale Armstrong Cooper 2
Rogers 2

Minnetonka 11
Bloomington Jefferson 0

Tartan/North St. Paul 4
Burnsville 3

Hopkins/Park 3
Orono 0

Princeton 7
Rochester Century 1

St. Paul United 5
Rochester John Marshall/Lourdes 2

Fairbault 2
St. Paul Blades 0

Prior Lake 9
Northern Lakes 2

Mankato East 8
Albert Lea 0

Hastings 4
Mahtomedi 1

nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:06 am

Interesting note to first night of games this year:

Last night we had a total of three 5-min major penalties plus a"second misconduct (same game)" recorded.

Not sure about the second misconduct since there isn't a first recorded...time may clear it up

Misterright

Post by Misterright » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:01 pm

Not surprising, I do not know the circumstances of these infractions but... the older girls who have been playing elite all summer, come High School season, find out right away that they need to dial back their accustomed play, due to smaller and younger and less skilled opponents. Last year a senior on our team went hard into the corner in our first game, against a 8th grade girl who crumpled and started crying. The senior received a major and she said the refs were contemplating a game misconduct for what is a "normal" play during elite league. I am not complaining, just pointing out that girls High school hockey is composed of many different size and skill levels, and the older and bigger kids have to scale back their games a bit in order to not jeopardize their teams or the health of other players for that matter.

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:27 pm

Robinsdale Armstrong Cooper 2
Rogers 2
Saw that the A/C goalie stopped 49 shots.

massalsa

Post by massalsa » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:16 pm

zambonidriver wrote:Robinsdale Armstrong Cooper 2
Rogers 2
Zamboni, she is a REALLY good goalie.

She will keep Armstrong Cooper in almost every game this season. She was the best goalie I saw in Elite League this fall (including several from other Tier 1 teams in the midwest). She shut out SSM U16 for almost 30 minutes when her team only had 9 skaters against them.

Hansonbrother

Post by Hansonbrother » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:31 pm

massalsa wrote:
Rogers 2

She will keep Armstrong Cooper in almost every game this season. She was the best goalie I saw in Elite League this fall (including several from other Tier 1 teams in the midwest). She shut out SSM U16 for almost 30 minutes when her team only had 9 skaters against them.
Probably why New Hampshire wanted her so badly....

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:25 am

massalsa wrote:
Rogers 2

They also have a great young coach who was very displeased with the way the team played in front of her.

jg2112

Post by jg2112 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:15 pm

zambonidriver wrote:
massalsa wrote:
Rogers 2

They also have a great young coach who was very displeased with the way the team played in front of her.
Come on now.....

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:05 pm

jg2112 wrote:
zambonidriver wrote:
massalsa wrote:
Rogers 2

Come on now.....
:oops:

Mavs

Post by Mavs » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:54 am

Notable games

Wayzata 4
SLP/Coon Rapids 3

Anoka 4
WBL 3

Breck 5
Centennial 4

Cretin 2
Blake 2

EP 4
LVS 0

B'Ville 3
Cottage Grove 0

Minnetonka 4
Prior Lake 4

massalsa

Post by massalsa » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:18 am

Weekly results/discussion for the week might be a fun way to engage and learn about girls hockey teams/results/players/stuff. We (many users) might find some things very interesting and other things not so much. I am open to ideas that others have or just wing it and see how it goes...

Could do something like:

Week of 10/14 discussion thread (where we talk about games and things that happened this week and maybe other things that happened in the games from the past weekend)

Or could try to have most discussion about the games in the week that happened in the current week be in that weeks thread.

Or something completely different...anyone have any interesting thoughts or ideas?

We could turn the "big games weekly contest" thread into an open discussion thread but that might make that job (which is an important one) more difficult for Zamboni.

massalsa

Post by massalsa » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:54 am

Interesting results I saw this weekend:

3 notable ties on Saturday.

#2A SPU ties #10A Northfield 5-5. Bet that game was a barn burner. By looking at the box score Northfield was up 2-0 midway into the 2nd and then 3 goals in 3 minutes for SPU. 2 in 30 seconds from Kerin. Then a goal from SPU with 4 seconds to go to tie it 5-5. Then ZERO goals in 8 minutes of OT. 4 shots in OT after 71 combined shots in first 3 periods?!? 48 shots by SPU is notable...

#1A Blake ties #6AA CDH 2-2. 1 shot in the 3rd period?!? That cant be right can it?

#5AA Tonka ties Prior Lake 4-4. Tonka ranked in LPH preseason #5 and Prior Lake unranked. On paper looks like a great result for Prior Lake.

Other games that looked intriguing:

#9A New Prague over #5A Proctor/Hermantown 4-1

#8AA Centennial lost to #3A Breck 5-4 in OT. Grace Zumwinkle scored all 5 goals. (1 assist from her 8th grade sister)

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:16 pm

From looking at results I can see there is a lot more parity than even a year ago. The haves don't have quite as much and the have-nots didn't lose quite as much. Younger kids seem to be contributing in bigger ways. I think that you are going to see a lot more of the games like mtka and Prior Lake this year. You could say that the Anoka WBL game was a minor upset. Teams won't have their true identies for about a month.

itsfoilcoach

Post by itsfoilcoach » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:22 pm

massalsa wrote:Interesting results I saw this weekend:

#2A SPU ties #10A Northfield 5-5. Bet that game was a barn burner. By looking at the box score Northfield was up 2-0 midway into the 2nd and then 3 goals in 3 minutes for SPU. 2 in 30 seconds from Kerin. Then a goal from SPU with 4 seconds to go to tie it 5-5. :cry:
Last edited by itsfoilcoach on Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:19 pm

itsfoilcoach wrote:
massalsa wrote:Interesting results I saw this weekend:

#2A SPU ties #10A Northfield 5-5. Bet that game was a barn burner. By looking at the box score Northfield was up 2-0 midway into the 2nd and then 3 goals in 3 minutes for SPU. 2 in 30 seconds from Kerin. Then a goal from SPU with 4 seconds to go to tie it 5-5. Then ZERO goals in 8 minutes of OT. 4 shots in OT after 71 combined shots in first 3 periods?!? 48 shots by SPU is notable...

#1A Blake ties #6AA CDH 2-2. 1 shot in the 3rd period?!? That cant be right can it?

#5AA Tonka ties Prior Lake 4-4. Tonka ranked in LPH preseason #5 and Prior

Lake unranked. On paper looks like a great result for Prior Lake.

Other games that looked intriguing:

#9A New Prague over #5A Proctor/Hermantown 4-1

#8AA Centennial lost to #3A Breck 5-4 in OT. Grace Zumwinkle scored all 5 goals. (1 assist from her 8th grade sister)
Well thoughts on Breck SPU being ranked to high maybe way to high. Losing players and good goaliessI makes a deference. I know it's early; Nut between the score and the teams they played it makes me wounder d iftberehigh ranking not rmotlyright as O suspect.befor the year started. I will include Hill. They could go 3-6 for the first part of the season-as well.
With Tonka returning only 5 skaters from last year's team, they are way overrated. ..the Prior Lake game seems to support this

HM will be in a new situation without those seniors,who had been around for sometime. .

EDINA may be in a class by itself...saw the MG game, it was 6-1 until MG got 2 goals after Edina let off gas...

Hansonbrother

Post by Hansonbrother » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:55 am

Based on the box score as an indicator of things to happen, I think it will be pretty easy to determine this years Ms. Hockey based on the results of the Breck v Centennial game. Centennial is a good squad, and for Zumwinkle to put up 5, wow!

The Blake v Cretin game was very poorly done when you look at shots. This was a very fast paced, end to end game. Both teams had plenty of chances and plenty of shots. Quite honestly, I don't think the scorers were paying attention, rather, just watching a good game.

Can't seem to figure Minnetonka out yet, they blow out Jefferson, then tie Prior Lake...I can only assume that Prior Lake is a much stronger team than I originally figured...

Anoka and White Bear....wow, wouldn't have guessed that outcome! It may take another week to figure these two teams out.

Edina v. Maple Grove....I honestly thought this would have been a great game...but all it really proved was how deep Edina is. MG has a couple of nice players, but Edina has a bench full... the back breaker may have been the Shorty that I believe Oden scored....MG will win a lot of games, but Edina may win them all.

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:21 am

Hansonbrother wrote:Based on the box score as an indicator of things to happen, I think it will be pretty easy to determine this years Ms. Hockey based on the results of the Breck v Centennial game. Centennial is a good squad, and for Zumwinkle to put up 5, wow!
I watched most of the USA U18's games in their last tournament and thought Zumwinkle was one, if not thee best forwards on the team. She will definitely be in the mix for Ms. Hockey come February, and should make an immediate impact as a freshman next season for the Gophers.

Mavs

Post by Mavs » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:07 am

Notable Tues games:

Maple Grove 6
Anoka 0

Apple Valley 4
Burnsville 1

Blake 6
Cha-cha 2

EP 4
Hill Murray 2

Elk River Zimmerman 2
SLP/Coon Rapids 0

Lakeville North 3
Mounds View 1

Forest Lake 2
Minnetonka 2

Eastview 5
Prior Lake 2

St. Paul United 5
Holy Family Waconia 4

Eagan 3
Shakopee 3

BSM 2
Breck 1

Cambridge Isanti 5
Duluth 2

Cretin 7
Mahtomedi 0

zambonidriver

Post by zambonidriver » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:44 am

Mavs wrote:Notable Tues games:

Maple Grove 6
Anoka 0

Apple Valley 4
Burnsville 1

Blake 6
Cha-cha 2

EP 4
Hill Murray 2

Elk River Zimmerman 2
SLP/Coon Rapids 0

Lakeville North 3
Mounds View 1

Forest Lake 2
Minnetonka 2
Really good game First game For FL ran out of gas about half way through the game. Mtka very solid.
Eastview 5
Prior Lake 2

St. Paul United 5
Holy Family Waconia 4

Eagan 3
Shakopee 3

BSM 2
Breck 1

Cambridge Isanti 5
Duluth 2

Cretin 7
Mahtomedi 0

Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:55 am

Hill-Murray 3 Blake 0 last night. Pretty good for a team without a top 25 player on it.

Anyone at the game that can give us a comment on how they game went?

easthockeydad

Post by easthockeydad » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:26 am

Game had great pace with high intensity. Blake had the territorial and a significant shot advantage over the first two periods.....and was down 1-0. However, of those shots....only a few quality chances. Hill did a good job keeping the shots to the perimeter. Regardless, Nice work by the Hill goalie throughout. None of the goals were pretty.....as it was tough for both teams to get a good look! Hard fought game!