Hill vs Blaine Shot Count ?

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

itsfoilcoach

Hill vs Blaine Shot Count ?

Post by itsfoilcoach »

Did Hill really get out shot by Blaine by over a 2 to 1 margin - 49 to 20. I'm thinking that's a bit of a stretch. Anyone see the game? Is Hill in a funk or something. I know Blaine is pretty decent this year, but are they that strong.
hockeybozo

Post by hockeybozo »

I was there, the shots are not a stretch. Blaine dominated all three lines, I now know why Emily Brown is on the US Teams, she is awesome to watch. She scored two incredible goals. Blaine was up 3 to nothing after one, shots were 18 to 1 and I was thinking of leaving to watch a different game next door because Hill did not show up at all in the first. Blaines first line was swarming all three periods. Rosenthall had 3 breakaways in the overtime alone, she got hauled down on one of them, the refs gave her a penalty shot and she missed that. She was a dominating player and scored zero points. this game was incredible to watch. The HM girls never gave up. The HM goalie was a huge reason why it ended in a tie. Unfortunately, Blaine had to pull one goalie and Hill scored 4 times on 21 shots IMO of Hills goals, 2 were soft and 2 were great shots. I left the game asking myself if I have ever seen a more entertaining contest?
nu2hockey

Post by nu2hockey »

Blaine came out buzzing in the 1st period. HM looked asleep. That shot count is correct and very indicative of the game at that point. I have to admit the Blaine boys were playing next door and it was tempting to just stay over there and watch.

It was 2-0 after the 1st period. The second period started, immediately you could see the intensity of the game change. Blaine was playing with the same intensity of the first period,but, HM was matching it. Where Blaine had been skating freely, all of sudden that ceased . Blaine went up 3-0 when HM put the goal in their own net. Then HM started to score. They scored 4 straight goals to go ahead and had a goal missed by the refs . Late in the 3rd, Blaine gets a PP goal by Emily Brown that was beautifull to tie the game.

Even though HM scored 4 straight goals, you might think Blaine had slacked off. Not so, man, the two teams were at each other the entire time and it was a blast to sit and just be an observer .

The OT belonged to Blaine, yet, with three breakaways during the same shift plus a penalty shot, the game ended in a tie.

To be honest we thought Blaine would win, with HM's Helgeson out(ill) we didn't think HM could match Blaines top 10 and that is what the 1st period looked like...When HM's Boreen left the game not to return , we just KNEW that Blaine was going to win.

What is funny is that we were sitting with both Blaine and HM friends and neither group seemed upset at the tie. The game was that much fun to watch imo