Results, Records and Rarities

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Sparlimb
Posts: 1477
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2002 2:11 pm

Results, Records and Rarities

Post by Sparlimb » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:28 am

Hadn't seen the site before tonight, and hadn't seen it mentioned here. Looks nice and includes (allegedly) a box score from every state tournament game ever.

http://rrr.hockey/

east hockey
Site Admin
Posts: 6643
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:33 am
Location: Proctor, MN
Contact:

Post by east hockey » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:34 am

Awesome site! Has everything found in the State Tournament History book, only this one is up to date. :) Thanks for the find.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

bstarr15
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:56 pm

Post by bstarr15 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:16 pm

Yes very cool find. Well done it appears and accurate
Reliving the dream days '09-'13.
Brock Nelson with a 6 point game, i recall that one unfortunately!!!

ryguyMN
Posts: 258
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:08 pm
Location: SW Metro
Contact:

Post by ryguyMN » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:54 pm

Pretty cool for those that played in the tournament to share with future generations.

Goldyismoldy
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:06 am

Post by Goldyismoldy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:05 pm

Lemme see here....

1995....

Championship game...

Bullship penalty shot...

Offending Ref...

Yep! It's accurate!

TTpuckster
Posts: 2289
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:26 pm
Location: State of Hockey

Post by TTpuckster » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:36 pm

Let me SEE!!!

Oh yea.

1999 Class A championship.

EGF ahead 2 - 1 after 2 periods over BSM.

In between the 2nd and 3rd periods the TV announcers show Ken Pauly whining to the refs for about 5 minutes straight. (I still don't know why the refs stayed there and listened to him).
EGF get 4 penalties in the 3rd, basically playing almost the entire 3rd period short handed and lose 4 - 2. Sound familiar with Pauly?

Yep, this looks pretty accurate. :wink:
What is a Green Wave anyway?

east hockey
Site Admin
Posts: 6643
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:33 am
Location: Proctor, MN
Contact:

Post by east hockey » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:40 pm

Goldyismoldy wrote:Lemme see here....

1995....

Championship game...

Bullship penalty shot...

Offending Ref...

Yep! It's accurate!
Was that a great game or what? Spe>everybody. :P :lol:

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

Goldyismoldy
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:06 am

Post by Goldyismoldy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:46 pm

east hockey wrote:
Goldyismoldy wrote:Lemme see here....

1995....

Championship game...

Bullship penalty shot...

Offending Ref...

Yep! It's accurate!
Was that a great game or what? Spe>everybody. :P :lol:

Lee
Spuds had you on the ropes until you know who jumped in...

east hockey
Site Admin
Posts: 6643
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:33 am
Location: Proctor, MN
Contact:

Post by east hockey » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:55 pm

Goldyismoldy wrote:
east hockey wrote:
Goldyismoldy wrote:Lemme see here....

1995....

Championship game...

Bullship penalty shot...

Offending Ref...

Yep! It's accurate!
Was that a great game or what? Spe>everybody. :P :lol:

Lee
Spuds had you on the ropes until you know who jumped in...
One goal lead with ten minutes left over a team who averaged 7.4 goals/game that season....pretty thin ropes.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

Goldyismoldy
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:06 am

Post by Goldyismoldy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:02 pm

east hockey wrote:
Goldyismoldy wrote:
east hockey wrote:
Goldyismoldy wrote:Lemme see here....

1995....

Championship game...

Bullship penalty shot...

Offending Ref...

Yep! It's accurate!
Was that a great game or what? Spe>everybody. :P :lol:

Lee
Spuds had you on the ropes until you know who jumped in...
One goal lead with ten minutes left over a team who averaged 7.4 goals/game that season....pretty thin ropes.

Lee

And how many goals/game against did Moorhead average?

east hockey
Site Admin
Posts: 6643
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:33 am
Location: Proctor, MN
Contact:

Post by east hockey » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:18 pm

Goldyismoldy wrote:
east hockey wrote:
Goldyismoldy wrote:
east hockey wrote:
Goldyismoldy wrote:Lemme see here....

1995....

Championship game...

Bullship penalty shot...

Offending Ref...

Yep! It's accurate!
Was that a great game or what? Spe>everybody. :P :lol:

Lee
Spuds had you on the ropes until you know who jumped in...
One goal lead with ten minutes left over a team who averaged 7.4 goals/game that season....pretty thin ropes.

Lee

And how many goals/game against did Moorhead average?
As it turned out not enough. And the three they scored this game was half of what they needed. But on the bright side, they fared better than Jefferson and Edina.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

Sparlimb
Posts: 1477
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2002 2:11 pm

Post by Sparlimb » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:57 pm

After all this time, pretty amazing Moorhead has still never won a tournament. They've sent so many great teams to St. Paul. I'll never forget Ryan Kraft (and Matt Cullen) blowing a 3 goal first period lead against my squad (circa 1993)...


http://rrr.hockey/tournament/1993/Boys/Tier1/918


Looking at that tournament, Cloquet scored 22 goals in 3 games and only won Consolation. Granted that's the famous Austin year (worst state tournament team of all time who somehow beat Apple Valley at the tourney).

Yoopskater
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:10 pm

Post by Yoopskater » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:55 am

1992-93 Bloomington Jefferson the best team all time? Those guys were unreal.

hermantown2000
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:25 pm

Post by hermantown2000 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:42 am

1998-Hermantown 2, Red Wing 1 Yes I remember the Hawks great upset that year over Johny Pohl and the No. 1 Red Wing. I was at the game in the Hermantown pep band.
1999: Benilde St Margaret's 3, Hermantown 2 Oh please!! Did they have to post the game summary from that awful game where the Hawks got screwed by the ref blowing the whistle that negated a game winning by Andy Corran?
:(

Sparlimb
Posts: 1477
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2002 2:11 pm

Post by Sparlimb » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:02 am

Yoopskater wrote:1992-93 Bloomington Jefferson the best team all time? Those guys were unreal.
Hill lost 4-0 in the championship game and I still feel like they played them pretty well. I watched that Jefferson team destroy Moorhead something like 9-1 in the Christmas Tournament at the Met. When Moorhead scored late in the third period for their only goal, I stood up in the Jefferson section and did the sieve chant. Got quite the looks from the Jefferson parents.

TTpuckster
Posts: 2289
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:26 pm
Location: State of Hockey

Post by TTpuckster » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:29 am

Maybe we should make this a sticky for awhile. I think the site could cause some memories worth hearing.
What is a Green Wave anyway?

east hockey
Site Admin
Posts: 6643
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:33 am
Location: Proctor, MN
Contact:

Post by east hockey » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:36 am

TTpuckster wrote:Maybe we should make this a sticky for awhile. I think the site could cause some memories worth hearing.
Yeah, we've only got three stickies going. Good idea.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

gitter
Posts: 535
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:21 pm

Post by gitter » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:08 pm

Sparlimb wrote:
Yoopskater wrote:1992-93 Bloomington Jefferson the best team all time? Those guys were unreal.
Hill lost 4-0 in the championship game and I still feel like they played them pretty well. I watched that Jefferson team destroy Moorhead something like 9-1 in the Christmas Tournament at the Met. When Moorhead scored late in the third period for their only goal, I stood up in the Jefferson section and did the sieve chant. Got quite the looks from the Jefferson parents.
That Jefferson team was like the Hermantown of Class A last year....except they did it against the best teams in the state. I think they won like 27 of 28 games (back then they only played 22 reg season games) by 3 goals or more.

GoldenBear
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:38 pm

Post by GoldenBear » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:10 pm

As I look through this and go back in my memory of many state tournaments. The top three performances in my opinion. Not ranking these over each other.

1994: Three shutouts by Centennial goalie Stutz in leading team to only state championship

2012: Besse five goal--three shorthanded in state final game, scores all of teams goals- Benilde only AA championship

1995 Dave Spehar, hat trick in all three games.

Other performances on this level I'm forgetting? GB

elliott70
Posts: 12256
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Post by elliott70 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:17 pm

GoldenBear wrote:As I look through this and go back in my memory of many state tournaments. The top three performances in my opinion. Not ranking these over each other.

1994: Three shutouts by Centennial goalie Stutz in leading team to only state championship

2012: Besse five goal--three shorthanded in state final game, scores all of teams goals- Benilde only AA championship

1995 Dave Spehar, hat trick in all three games.

Other performances on this level I'm forgetting? GB
Jefferson won in 1994.
2004 is Centennial's time to shine.

GoldenBear
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:38 pm

Post by GoldenBear » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:37 pm

old age, I meant 2004 but typed 1994. I better have someone drive me home from shuffle board tonight. thanks for the correction E. GB

WestMetro
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:08 pm

Post by WestMetro » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:06 am

GB: let's not forget

92-94. Jag dynasty, still the greatest

1996 Apple Vallley 2 am semi and championship

2010 Tonka/ Hill OT in semis

2011 Kyle Rau goal

2012 4 upsets in 4 qtr finals

2015 North goes 31-0 first time since 1993 Jags , and before that 1982? Hill

Roseau - too many memories to list,

(Agree about the Centennial 3 shutouts, often underrated)

Goldyismoldy
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:06 am

Post by Goldyismoldy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:29 am

WestMetro wrote:
(Agree about the Centennial 3 shutouts, often underrated)
Against teams ranked 2,3, & 4 no less.

When is that going to happen again?

Henry in 69 & Doug Long in 70 are my earliest, and still favorite memories.

I just MIGHT be dating myself. Elliott, how was Jesus as a hockey player?

WestMetro
Posts: 1940
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:08 pm

Post by WestMetro » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:56 am

G is M says:

(Agree about the Centennial 3 shutouts, often underrated)

Against teams ranked 2,3, & 4 no less.

When is that going to happen again?
=================================

Safe to safe is never going to happen again!

Goldyismoldy
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:06 am

Post by Goldyismoldy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:20 am

WestMetro wrote:
Safe to safe is never going to happen again!
Maybe if 7AA coach's do the seeding. Never say never...

Post Reply