Class A QF: Luverne vs. #1 Hermantown

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Cardinals
34%
Hawks
66%

Total votes: 41

Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

The great evil survives. I can't wait until Cathedral puts them on running time tomorrow.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

east hockey wrote:Much respect to Luverne tonight. Hey, we've had three great quarterfinal games! Last time the Class A quarterfinals was this competitive was 2003.

Lee

The games have been fantastic today. Hope the last one's close as well. Not sure who can beat the Hawks, but I can hope...
zooomx

Post by zooomx »

goldy313 wrote:Reisdorfer has 5 goals all year and gets 2 on Hermantown....can't make this stuff up!!
I think it was his 12th and 13th goal of the year. He was sitting on that cross ice outlet pass all day and picked his spots. Great game by that kid.
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

The goalie for Luverne, Erickson, should make the all tournament team, just for this game.
Nice game Luverne!!!!!! :D
What is a Green Wave anyway?
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

Hadn't taken the 'poll' yet on this thread. Just picked Luverne after watching this game. #respectthered
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
hockey9011

Post by hockey9011 »

Hell of a game by the Cards tonight. Definitely gave Hermantown all they could handle!
2015-2016 Regular Season Pick 'em Champion
ilovemesomehockey

Post by ilovemesomehockey »

TTpuckster wrote:The goalie for Luverne, Erickson, should make the all tournament team, just for this game.
Nice game Luverne!!!!!! :D
Mcewen. Mark it down
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

How good would a Plante press conference have been had Luverne pulled that out after being down 2-0?

How bad would that have been without Karl to report back.....
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

zooomx wrote:
goldy313 wrote:Reisdorfer has 5 goals all year and gets 2 on Hermantown....can't make this stuff up!!
I think it was his 12th and 13th goal of the year. He was sitting on that cross ice outlet pass all day and picked his spots. Great game by that kid.
Could have been, I was listening to the Luverne radio broadcast and may have misheard it.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

goldy313 wrote:How good would a Plante press conference have been had Luverne pulled that out after being down 2-0?

How bad would that have been without Karl to report back.....
Would have been better than Pete Bell's press conference at the end of Blue Chips. Right down to the "I quit" before walking off the stage. :)

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Hermhawkey

Post by Hermhawkey »

Great game by Luverne. Much respect.
Browniemagoo

Post by Browniemagoo »

Fun game to watch. Great job by Luverne to hang in and battle, and great job by Herman to...well...keep being themselves after the red team tied it up. What a Wednesday! The "never have" communities are catching up.
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

Sparlimb wrote:The great evil survives. I can't wait until Cathedral puts them on running time tomorrow.
Wow the little public school Hermantown is the great evil to be beaten by the poor private school SCC that knocked off evil EGF. Way to go Jeffey you have succeeded in making good evil and evil good.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

pekyman wrote:
Sparlimb wrote:The great evil survives. I can't wait until Cathedral puts them on running time tomorrow.
Wow the little public school Hermantown is the great evil to be beaten by the poor private school SCC that knocked off evil EGF. Way to go Jeffey you have succeeded in making good evil and evil good.
Don't blame me Perky. I said they only had 3 open enrollees and 2 move ins. One of the Hermantown Moms posted on Facebook tonight that they actually have 5 open-enrolled. So I was actually doing you a favor. You'll be fine against Cathedral. They have fewer kids to draw from and they charge for tuition.
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

All the respect to southwestern MN representing so well at state - maybe Hermantown should stay down in A if they are having close games like this.
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

Jeffy95 wrote:
pekyman wrote:
Don't blame me Perky. I said they only had 3 open enrollees and 2 move ins. One of the Hermantown Moms posted on Facebook tonight that they actually have 5 open-enrolled. So I was actually doing you a favor. You'll be fine against Cathedral. They have fewer kids to draw from and they charge for tuition.
Hermantown goes to class aa and Scc, Breck and duluth Marshall, who goes back to a, rule class A. Class A becomes a level that is dominated by privates as there is no Hermantown to challenge them. Certainly Denfeld or Hibbing never will. Im sure you are excited about SCC beating EGF and the prospect of SCC beating HT must have you downright giddy! By the way, SCC has a player with the name of Motzko. Players can come from anywhere and play for SCC. By the way, you need to get some psychotherapy to get over this Hermantown obsession you have.
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

pekyman wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
pekyman wrote: Wow the little public school Hermantown is the great evil to be beaten by the poor private school SCC that knocked off evil EGF. Way to go Jeffey you have succeeded in making good evil and evil good.
Hermantown goes to class aa and Scc, Breck and duluth Marshall, who goes back to a, rule class A. Class A becomes a level that is dominated by privates as there is no Hermantown to challenge them. Certainly Denfeld or Hibbing never will. Im sure you are excited about SCC beating EGF and the prospect of SCC beating HT must have you downright giddy! By the way, SCC has a player with the name of Motzko. Players can come from anywhere and play for SCC. By the way, you need to get some psychotherapy to get over this Hermantown obsession you have.
By the way, too many by the ways, by the way.
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

pekyman wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
pekyman wrote: Wow the little public school Hermantown is the great evil to be beaten by the poor private school SCC that knocked off evil EGF. Way to go Jeffey you have succeeded in making good evil and evil good.
By the way Jeffy, at least when Hermantown was in 5a SCC gave Hermantown a game. Herm beat them but it wasn't a given. Not so in 7A with Hibbing and Denfeld. No game. Even Lauverne was able to give Hermantown a better game than any team in 7A. Sad state for 7A teams.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

pekyman wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote:
Enjoy the tourney Perky.
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

Jeffy95 wrote:
pekyman wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote: Don't blame me Perky. I said they only had 3 open enrollees and 2 move ins. One of the Hermantown Moms posted on Facebook tonight that they actually have 5 open-enrolled. So I was actually doing you a favor. You'll be fine against Cathedral. They have fewer kids to draw from and they charge for tuition.
Enjoy the tourney Perky.
Good luck to your team which is obviously any team against Hermantown.
Hopefully the great hockey program of SCC can knock Hermantown out of the finals. How many bantam and peewee teams does SCC have?
How many kids in the SCC youth program are open enrolled? Oh wait, SCC doesn't develop kids and does not have a youth program. Go SCC!
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

WarmUpTheBus wrote:
pekyman wrote:
Jeffy95 wrote: Don't blame me Perky. I said they only had 3 open enrollees and 2 move ins. One of the Hermantown Moms posted on Facebook tonight that they actually have 5 open-enrolled. So I was actually doing you a favor. You'll be fine against Cathedral. They have fewer kids to draw from and they charge for tuition.
By the way, too many by the ways, by the way.
I agree with you by the way
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

pekyman wrote:
pekyman wrote:
What does that have anything to do with anything...people from AA schools...like Cloquet, GR, DE, ER, Andover, Anoka, Blaine, Maple Grove, etc, etc, etc...consider ANY hockey team that plays AA PeeWee & AA Bantam successfully...which Ht clearly does.. and then CHOOSES to play Single A HS...a sandbagging JOKE. Nuff Said.
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

hockey59 wrote:
pekyman wrote:
pekyman wrote: Hermantown goes to class aa and Scc, Breck and duluth Marshall, who goes back to a, rule class A. Class A becomes a level that is dominated by privates as there is no Hermantown to challenge them. Certainly Denfeld or Hibbing never will. Im sure you are excited about SCC beating EGF and the prospect of SCC beating HT must have you downright giddy! By the way, SCC has a player with the name of Motzko. Players can come from anywhere and play for SCC. By the way, you need to get some psychotherapy to get over this Hermantown obsession you have.
What does that have anything to do with anything...people from AA schools...like Cloquet, GR, DE, ER, Andover, Anoka, Blaine, Maple Grove, etc, etc, etc...consider ANY hockey team that plays AA PeeWee & AA Bantam successfully...which Ht clearly does.. and then CHOOSES to play Single A HS...a sandbagging JOKE. Nuff Said.

By the way Jeffy, at least when Hermantown was in 5a SCC gave Hermantown a game. Herm beat them but it wasn't a given. Not so in 7A with Hibbing and Denfeld. No game. Even Lauverne was able to give Hermantown a better game than any team in 7A. Sad state for 7A teams.
Just curious, what level do Private School programs play in Youth hockey?
InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 »

pekyman wrote:
hockey59 wrote:
pekyman wrote: What does that have anything to do with anything...people from AA schools...like Cloquet, GR, DE, ER, Andover, Anoka, Blaine, Maple Grove, etc, etc, etc...consider ANY hockey team that plays AA PeeWee & AA Bantam successfully...which Ht clearly does.. and then CHOOSES to play Single A HS...a sandbagging JOKE. Nuff Said.

Your defense for Htown in class A is so Breck and other private don't dominate? Makes a lot of sense. Move up already like your youth.

Please someone beat them!!!
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

pekyman wrote:
hockey59 wrote:
pekyman wrote: What does that have anything to do with anything...people from AA schools...like Cloquet, GR, DE, ER, Andover, Anoka, Blaine, Maple Grove, etc, etc, etc...consider ANY hockey team that plays AA PeeWee & AA Bantam successfully...which Ht clearly does.. and then CHOOSES to play Single A HS...a sandbagging JOKE. Nuff Said.

Only one private made the field this year from a weak section. That would be the team Hermantown beat 7-1 this year. You're really desperate here Perky.